Not open for further replies.

hendrik_heng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
How often is the ROM library updated?
Is it possible to update the list or boxart manually?
Thanks
biggrin.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
How often is the ROM library updated?
Is it possible to update the list or boxart manually?
Thanks 
biggrin.gif

I usually update the list every Saturday and sometimes Wednesdays on the week that I don't work Wednesdays.
smile.gif

Lucky you though, the list was updated half an hour ago
smile.gif

And no, you cannot update the list or boxes yourself, because it would be a waste of your time -- Why would you want to update the list, when I'll do it, you'll download it, and it'll overwrite everything you've done. It wouldn't be necessary. Box art comes with every release, so there's no need to do that yourself either.

I'm surprised, Rominator has inspired a lot of new joiners to the GBAtemp boards, as I've seen many with just 1 post -- The one in Rominator thread
smile.gif
Welcome to the board guys. (and gals)

hendrik_heng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
After downloading the update, there seems no update in the list yet.
Oh, ok... Just wondering if there are methods to do the update manually, probably to add some missing boxarts?
What can I do for the incorrect release group information for a ROM?
Thanks
wink.gif

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Hank

This latest build of Rominator is causing me no end of grief!

I have it installed on three versions of Windows:

Windows Vista x86
Windows XP x64
Windows XP x86

Now I know the first two you don't technically support, however I'm getting the same/similar problems on the 32bit XP installation. Basically, whenever I try and add a ROM to the flash card, the program freezes and crashes back out to the desktop.

After the crash it will sometimes have copied the ROM, other times, it hasn't.

Secondly, the numbering of ROM's has totally gone to pot!! Rominator is letting repeats be added, albeit with different numbering.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

beljim

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running Vista 64bit and just changed the compatibility mode to windows 98 and Rominator is now working.
Hope this helps someone.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been using this software with my G6DS Real for some time now, and i've been really impressed with it. my only complaint: it doesn't work with G6DS saves and it doesn't read the available space correctly (it always says there is only 1B free(that's one byte)). the save function i'm sure will be implemented eventually, and the other maybe something i'm doing (or not doing). i'm using the linux version, just so ya know. anyway, keep up the good work!

Typhoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it doesn't read the available space correctly (it always says there is only 1B free(that's one byte)). i'm using the linux version

well, same here...

Hankchill, do you have an idea why Rominator doesn't report correctly the available space in the linux version? Can you let us bypass this? (by letting us decalre the size of the Flash card by example?)

Thank you.
Typhoe

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
it doesn't read the available space correctly (it always says there is only 1B free(that's one byte)). i'm using the linux version

well, same here...

Hankchill, do you have an idea why Rominator doesn't report correctly the available space in the linux version? Can you let us bypass this? (by letting us decalre the size of the Flash card by example?)

Thank you.
Typhoe

Yeah, I thought I had it fixed in the latest revision...

If I fix it, can I have you test it privately and let me know if it's good, as I can't test the Linux build.

Thanx.

flashermac

Trophies
Website
www.flashermac.netfirms.com
XP
Country
Err,

actually, I don't really have time to do any meaningful testing, sorry
frown.gif

I have noticed that having 'show icons' enabled slows things down a lot.

Is it a native linux app, or is it the windows version + wine?

Either way, it's the best linux rom manager there is, so thanks a load man, I might even donate
smile.gif

|fmc|

ace214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashermac: it's native. you should be able to double click on it. If that doesnt work, be sure you have the executable permission set. that screwed me up.

I will second that the Linux version doesn't guess the space on a flash card properly.
It is not just flash cards because if you set a hard disk folder as a flash destination, it does the same. The games don't work properly when they're moved over.
Also, the replace file box in flashing just lagged my computer horribly for like 5 minutes because I was switching back and forth between firefox and rominator. Also that window is untitled just for your little cosmetic fixes.
Hope you can get this flashing thing working, hank. If there's some kind of logging I can do let me know. I will help any way I can. I don't like having to boot up Windows... :-)

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WOW! VERY Sweet application! The BEST ROM Manager I've EVER SEEN
biggrin.gif

Many Thanks Hank Chill!
bow.gif
However (like everything northing's perfect) It Shows Rune factory w/ an Lumininus Arc's Boxshot
and Hero's Of Mana Has Rune Factory's BoxShot!
wacko.gif
Lumininuss Arc's BoxShot is correct however. Is there a way to fix this..if there is nothing i can do i PERSONALLY Know what They are!
happy.gif

THE TIME COMMANDO WAZ HERE
cool.gif
nds.gif

What IS Time Commando You Ask?
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Commando

I LOVE MY R4!
yaynds.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News