OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
jordanlp said:
I LOVE ROMINATOR, I HAVE USED IT AND IT ROCKS.

Thanks to it's creator.

You're welcome
smile.gif

I've got a few things now left on the checklist. Got an hour's worth done today, but should be able to get many more hours this weekend. Public Beta will probably be available Sunday.

jordanlp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
jordanlp said:
I LOVE ROMINATOR, I HAVE USED IT AND IT ROCKS.

Thanks to it's creator.

You're welcome
smile.gif

I've got a few things now left on the checklist. Got an hour's worth done today, but should be able to get many more hours this weekend. Public Beta will probably be available Sunday.

Thanks again.

Though I have had some trouble with the trimming tool, after trimming about 10 back to back roms it would stop trimming for a while then work again.

But still, great program

cheesemill

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there Hank,

Just wondering whether there is going to be a .rz spec change with Rominator 2008.

Only because I was thinking of converting my roms from .zip to .rz format in the near future.
No point in doing so if I would have to redo them after the immenant relase of 2008.

Thanks for all of your great work,

Cheesemill.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
cheesemill said:
Hi there Hank,

Just wondering whether there is going to be a .rz spec change with Rominator 2008.

Only because I was thinking of converting my roms from .zip to .rz format in the near future.
No point in doing so if I would have to redo them after the immenant relase of 2008.

Thanks for all of your great work,

Cheesemill.

'Allo,

No, there will not be any changes to rZip for Rominator 2008. I was going to integrate a box art, but then I figured that would be useless
tongue.gif
rZip will stay the way it is
smile.gif

--Henry

jordanlp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hank, your a great C+/C++ programmer (If that's what you use). All of the rominator versions work perfectly except some trimming problems (mostly on #2287 CrossworDS) but it still is a great program, Great Work
bow.gif
, And you have my respect. some guys like to
rofl.gif
in my face when i say your name.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
jordanlp said:
Hank, your a great C+/C++ programmer (If that's what you use). All of the rominator versions work perfectly except some trimming problems (mostly on #2287 CrossworDS) but it still is a great program, Great Work
bow.gif
, And you have my respect. some guys like to
rofl.gif
in my face when i say your name.

Please don't post twice in a row -- double posting is considered spamming. Just edit your original post for whatever else you need to add.

Rominator was written in RealBasic, mainly because I wanted the cross platform ability without having to write it twice. This way it works on Mac OS X with PPC or Intel, and Windows without a problem. Plus it makes it so it's not reliant on any external libraries, such as .NET, so it can be run without installing anything extra. Thanks for the compliments though. I will be putting my C++ skills to use though soon
wink.gif

I don't think anyone will
rofl.gif
in your face when my name is mentioned... They may
rofl.gif
at the fact that I do funny things (like with my contest images), but nobody's really had anything against me to
rofl.gif
about... or have they?
wacko.gif

But please try to stay on topic.

UPDATE:
I've done 20 hours of coding over the past 2 days, and completely worn myself out with this project... but I'm happy to say the code is over 90% complete and stable. The features are rock solid and it's just an app full of awesome -- Plus I got the build to about half the filesize as the previous version. This is definitely the best Rominator yet.

I only have a few very small things left to code, and then go through some testing. After that, I'll release a public beta for everyone to try; unfortunately I didn't get everything done that I wanted to this weekend, but got pretty damn close. I wanted to make sure the code was solid before continuing on to the next function, so it took longer than normal, but it will all be worth it.

I also wanted to say thanks to all those who've donated too -- It all really helps to pay for the server bills that I host all of the Rominator data on -- If those bills didn't get paid, Rominator would be useless. If you want to show your support, feel free to donate. Every penny counts.

Maybe I'll put up another teaser video
wink.gif

stephenvz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take your time hankchill even though i cant wait for the new version to be released i prefer to have to wait and get a stable version...

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to know it's helped you out
smile.gif

Just wanted to let everyone know, v2008.0 has been completed today! After hours and hours of blood, sweat, and code, I've got a product ready for release! It's better, faster, sexier, and more stable than ever.

I'm only waiting for Salamantis to create the Quick Start guide, so I can have time to write the full user's guide. I won't spoil any of the new features yet until the package is ready for distribution. All I can say is, unfortunately the Linux version didn't turn out because I needed OS specific features that are available to only Mac OS X and Windows, so I will only be supporting OS X and Windows XP with limited support for Vista. For those who praise Rominator, this release will make you happy
smile.gif

--Henry

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving this, if a new version comes out soon, well I'll have to get it ASAP xP

Would be nice if it auto-scanned the folder to start, but I'll be playing around with the folders. I really need to start organizing my NDS/SAV folders, right now they're pretty hectic with tons of saves from different times, etc. :[

SP0RK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, I'm so excited about this release. Been using this program for almost a year now since when I first got my DS and it's made the whole experience so much easier for me in terms of organization and keeping things easily accessible.
yaynds.gif

mcbutter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Hank, Long time Rominator first time caller.

Just wanted to say that the program up till now has been a lifesaver i had been manually renaming things and trying to figure out the best trimmer to use etc. and i love how this puts everything in once place. can't wait for the 2008 version to come out.

noticed your a fellow cannuk where bouts are you located, Cambridge Ontario here.

also i was wondering if you are making the database files yourself or if you connect to one somewhere else. just wasnt sure if there was any way to point it to the most current one before you releasing an update.

Hopefully you keep this up, let me know if you ever decide to port it over to doing the same thing for GBA roms would be the ultimate tool if it were able to do the same for GBA as it does for DS seeing as many of us use the DS to play both. I have no concept of the logistics behind such a request so its a very large "would be nice suggestion"

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing with it, I've noticed a few things that would be nice if fixed, but I'll wait for this new version to come out and see if they're still there, because chances are most of 'em are fixed if that's the case. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill