Hacking Homebrew DStwo hidden file

etownAndy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've recently found my 3DS with it's DStwo card still installed. I've recently jail broken my Wii so thought I'd play with the DStwo.

Everything works (mostly...been reading up on this forum and others) but I have two problems (annoyances really) for which I can't seem to find solutions.

1. In my _dstwo folder, I have installed a few plugins. Some are the usual plg/ini/bmp 3-file solutions and some seemt o just be .nds files (emulators). The problem is the selection menu is full of what appear to be bogus entries. Screenshot is below along with the directory from the SD card. It seems to be mostly MAME that's doing that.
1b. (sorry to slip this in) In taking the photos I wondered if there was a way to force an image on the .nds versions of emulators since they all show with an "?" icon as you can see.
IMG_9771.JPG

IMG_9772.JPG

2. When browsing ROMs with most (if not all) emulators, I see every ROM listed twice - one of which is always prefixed with "._". My primary computers are Macs, so I thought I'd just have to pop the card into a Windows VM and clean up some hidden files, but there's no evidence of these files on either Mac or Windows. The legit directory entries all work fine, so it's not keeping me from enjoying the card, but I have a lot of game images for some of these platforms, and it's a pain scrolling through the longer directory entries.

IMG_9773.JPG

IMG_9774.JPG

etownAndy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cached where though? There's nothing corresponding on the card itself that I see. WOuld the DStwo cache something internally, like in separate flash memory or something?

Cliffback

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have the exact same problem, all the hidden files are shown in the menu as well, like ._dstwo and so on. Super frustrating. I have tried deleting these folders using the terminal on my mac, ensuring they don't exist, but they seem to be created when booting up the DSTWO.

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. In my _dstwo folder, I have installed a few plugins. Some are the usual plg/ini/bmp 3-file solutions and some seemt o just be .nds files (emulators). The problem is the selection menu is full of what appear to be bogus entries. Screenshot is below along with the directory from the SD card. It seems to be mostly MAME that's doing that.
Your three files plg/ini/bmp need to be placed in the _dstwoplug folder, not in the _dstwo folder, if this doesn't exist just create it in the root of your sd card.

1b. (sorry to slip this in) In taking the photos I wondered if there was a way to force an image on the .nds versions of emulators since they all show with an "?" icon as you can see.
you can create your own bmp files the pixels size of your image needs to be 40x42 in 16bits resolution once this is done you have to create an ini file with notepad to link your bmp file to your nds file for example this what you have to do for the gameyob :

dstwo.png

When it's finshed place your three files nds/ini/bmp in the _dstwoplug folder

2. When browsing ROMs with most (if not all) emulators, I see every ROM listed twice - one of which is always prefixed with "._". My primary computers are Macs, so I thought I'd just have to pop the card into a Windows VM and clean up some hidden files, but there's no evidence of these files on either Mac or Windows. The legit directory entries all work fine, so it's not keeping me from enjoying the card, but I have a lot of game images for some of these platforms, and it's a pain scrolling through the longer directory entries.
This is known problem with MAC maybe this thread can help you :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mac-users-icon-plugin-fix.349667/#post-4679836

I have the exact same problem, all the hidden files are shown in the menu as well, like ._dstwo and so on. Super frustrating. I have tried deleting these folders using the terminal on my mac, ensuring they don't exist, but they seem to be created when booting up the DSTWO.
My explanations just above should be able to solve your problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?