OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
gbpic said:
You may have heard these before, but being able to SRAM/sleep patch on the fly would be excellent.

Thanks for spending so much time on this, I appreciate it.

I guess you're talking about for GBA support right?

About that: I may not incorporate it just yet. The more I add into Rominator, the less stable it becomes, and I've been working very hard at recoding it to be completely stable. For now, until I get the NDS part just right, I will not add in GBA support as of yet. I may post up soon a screencast of the new Rominator though so you all can see where I am at
smile.gif

Downloaderz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
sphere9 said:
can we please have a database update?
smile.gif

Ask and ye shall receive
wink.gif
(Actually, don't ask, because DB updates are a normal thing, so it's something that doesn't need to be requested
tongue.gif
)

I didn't do the update last weekend because it was my birthday and I had a Rock Band party (minus the alcohol, we don't drink in our home), so I figured I deserved a week off
smile.gif

The database is online now though. I've also spent 12 hours yesterday crunching away at Rominator, and I plan to spend about another 9 today... let's see what I have for you guys
wink.gif

--Henry

Thanks for the latest db update, and looking forward to the next version with GBA support. A happy belated bday to you too, and you definately deserved the week off after all that you've done
wink.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Downloaderz said:
Thanks for the latest db update, and looking forward to the next version with GBA support. A happy belated bday to you too, and you definately deserved the week off after all that you've done
wink.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

I've made the teaser video, here's the link below:
http://www.hankchill.com/pictures/rominator2008teaser.mp4

If you can't play it, get the right codecs! Don't ask here. It's 15MB as well, so not dial-up friendly.

Enjoy
smile.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hankchill said:
Downloaderz said:
wink.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

If you can't play it, get the right codecs! Don't ask here. It's 15MB as well, so not dial-up friendly.

Enjoy
smile.gif

Man can't wait to beta test!

resres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like a few people have stated already, I'm also having problems transferring roms. I disabled trimming, which helped get rid of one error, but another error still pops up. =p

But after watching that teaser, I think I'll just wait for that. =O

Cline2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I love your program. everything works great only one problem I cant get this rom to identifying

I get error said

Extraction of "Over the Hedge - Hammy Goes Nuts.nds" failed. Creating destination file failed.

Other roms are ok except this. #639.

Thanks

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I'm getting errors when trying to copy over any roms too.
frown.gif

still.. cant wait for 2008!
smile.gif

any chance you could implement some kind of screenshot/nfo downloading/db in it like NDSCRC? I only found that the other day and its great apart from it doesn't do the file management anywhere near as good as Rominator. would be awesome to have the best of both apps together.

grahamtriggs

Trophies
XP
Country
is anyone else having problems renaming roms?

ever since I updated to 5.3.3 and the latest database update (can't say which one caused the issue, as I had done both since I last did a rename) - whenever I try to auto-rename a ROM that has been identified, it gives me an OutOfBoundsException

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
grahamtriggs said:
is anyone else having problems renaming roms?

ever since I updated to 5.3.3 and the latest database update (can't say which one caused the issue, as I had done both since I last did a rename) - whenever I try to auto-rename a ROM that has been identified, it gives me an OutOfBoundsException
Same here! Has only affected three ROMs so far, so I have renamed them by hand, before I transferred them over to my flashcard. But in the long run, I'd very much love to have Rominator take care of that again.

Damademan3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.davidcblake.com
XP
Country
United States
i upgraded and all i get its errors. But as i understand he has fixes in the next big release. Its not hard to just rename by yourself but i understand how you would want it done by a program.

Downloaderz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Downloaderz said:
wink.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

Enjoy
smile.gif

Fantastic preview, I am now anticipating it even more.

Just a few questions though:
1) Do we have the option to show the game info on the main window like it is on v5.3.2?
2) I cant seem to locate the action button, is it now in the edit menu? Can we now select roms and right click it to rename them all? At the moment, it seems like we can only right click a single rom.

I love most of the new features i.e. view modes, homebrew/unknown icons

TechnoCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hank, have you considered keeping a dev blog with an rss feed option? Or do you have one and i don't know about it yet.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
TechnoCat said:
Hank, have you considered keeping a dev blog with an rss feed option? Or do you have one and i don't know about it yet.

No. I think blogs are useless
tongue.gif
Plus I don't have the time for it. I'd rather waste valuable energy actually doing something
tongue.gif
Mind you, when I'm not so busy I may get my domain up and running and provide the latest updates there... but again, so busy.

Oh, and please take the video down from YouTube. I didn't put it up there for a reason. Not only do I want to keep Rominator to GBAtemp, but YouTube is low quality; you cannot see in detail what is happening. I'd rather not have a public video floating on the world's #1 retard dumping ground.

QUOTE1) Do we have the option to show the game info on the main window like it is on v5.3.2?
2) I cant seem to locate the action button, is it now in the edit menu? Can we now select roms and right click it to rename them all? At the moment, it seems like we can only right click a single rom.

1) No. The information will be permanently in a separate window, due to the amount of information about a single game. However, as you saw, you're more than able to set the view options to see game information in the list, such as header, country, publisher, etc.
2) The action button is no more. It all runs off contextual clicks. Now what do you mean you can only right click a single rom? I right click multiple all the time. The way it works is when you right click, it registers a left click in a listbox as well and then brings up the menu, so on the last game you select, hold Shift and right click it -- It'll select everything in between. I don't like the behaviour but it's something I may have no control over. We shall see.

Regards,
--Henry

Downloaderz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your replies, Hankchill.

I guess using the view modes will work too, and thanks for your help with the menu (shift+right click), never realised that could do it.

redx113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Hank,

I have been using your program for several months now. Today I updated the app and got the latest database update. Upon trying to auto-rename selected I am getting this crash everytime. Anytime how to fix. This is the crash error

rominatorrenamecrashno9.png

I am using XP SP2 with the latest patches.

edit well nevermind. If this happens to anyone else. Remove the rominator data folder in both where you extracted and application data. Works fine after starting fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P