Homebrew Rom and CIA Multiplayer?

IdahoNate153

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a dumb question, and I'm probably posting it in the wrong section too, but if I backed-up a game from a cartridge converted it to a CIA and installed it on a hacked 3DS am I able to play with the installed copy online with the cartridge copy on another console? Such as...

CIA + Rom are able to be played together, online at the same time on 2 different consoles.

or CIA + Rom are able to be played together via download play with 2 different consoles.

Are either of these possible?

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, that should work. But you should pay attention with playing online, because you can risk a ban and can play never online again. Just search the forum, there are some threads explaining with what you can play online. Also it's the wrong section.

IdahoNate153

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that should work. But you should pay attention with playing online, because you can risk a ban and can play never online again. Just search the forum, there are some threads explaining with what you can play online. Also it's the wrong section.
Would it be possible to be linked to one of those forums please? Thanks.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would it be possible to be linked to one of those forums please? Thanks.
Here are some things to be careful about:
- If you're using .3dz dumps (or Sky3DS), always use your own private header. .cia dumps don't need headers so they're relatively safe.
- Don't use the same private header online on different 3DSes at the same time, especially not in the same game. The cart you use for your private header should never be used online at the same time as any ROM you have used that private header with. I don't think anyone's gotten banned this way as long as the header is private, but I've heard of people having trouble going online with the same private header multiple times, so that's something Nintendo could easily detect and ban for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1