The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EmbraceFiction said:
popoffka said:
AerialX said:
Does Riivolution work with my "backups" or USB loaders?
No. And that's not a bug.
This ruined everything.

You must of read my mind
tongue.gif
Only if you have a hardmod.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SifJar said:
So Nintendo COULD stop some chips working in the System Menu then? Hope they do so...
There's no point in doing so. Modchips can be used for other things like autoboot discs than playing backups. Most of Wii consoles wont play disc backups due to the D32 drives anyway. Besides a softmod is superior than a hardmod.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
SifJar said:
So Nintendo COULD stop some chips working in the System Menu then? Hope they do so...
There's no point in doing so. Modchips can be used for other things like autoboot discs than playing backups. Most of Wii consoles wont play disc backups due to the D32 drives anyway. Besides a softmod is superior than a hardmod.
The point in them doing so would be stopping SOME people using pirated games. Which to Nintendo is a very obvious "good thing".

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SifJar said:
WiiBricker said:
SifJar said:
The point in them doing so would be stopping SOME people using pirated games. Which to Nintendo is a very obvious "good thing".

But you are not Nintendo, arent you?

Again, this would also stopping SOME peope using modchips for brick fixing autoboot things and such.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
SifJar said:
WiiBricker said:
SifJar said:

But you are not Nintendo, arent you?

Again, this would also stopping SOME peope using modchips for brick fixing autoboot things and such.
Would stop more people pirating than it would stop fixing bricks. And so what if I'm not Nintendo, doesn't mean I want piracy to happen on the Wii. I am not my next door neighbour, doesn't mean I want them robbed.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SifJar said:
Would stop more people pirating than it would stop fixing bricks.
I really doubt that. If people cannot pirate with modchips anymore, they would just softmod their Wii consoles and pirate more convenient, wouldnt you agree?

QUOTE(SifJar @ Jan 9 2011, 08:33 PM) And so what if I'm not Nintendo, doesn't mean I want piracy to happen on the Wii. I am not my next door neighbour, doesn't mean I want them robbed.

Again, even IF Nintendo somehow can make modchips stop working, pirates can easily bypass that by softmodding their Wiis. But those people that use modchips for brick fixing autoboot things cannot bypass anything, they would be screwed.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I know someone who bought only the Wii because it was easily modded (hardmod, at the time) and had no online problems playing "backups". Since then, this person (not really a friend of mine) has bought Sony batteries, extra controllers (Wii Remote + Nunchunk), Wii Motion Plus, some original games (like SSBB, MOM, etc.), DVD-Rs (a lot of them, mostly Sony's), a PC DVD-RW drive, an external HDD (for USB loading), one bigger internal HDD (for backing up his "backups"), an SD adapter (to softmod), a GC controller, a GC memory card and who knows what else he might buy in the future (I know he'll buy Xenoblade and Last Story if they come to America; he's a RPG fan). Although, more than 90% games he plays are pirated, he buys only original hardware and many thing related to the Wii.

You see, pirating in Central and South America and in India, generates capital in the VG- and PC-related area (including internet, which he's paying more since he switched his ADSL plan/pack to a faster one). Although North America, Europe and Japan are the main market, the sub-market (if I can call it this way) from the southern part of the globe is responsible for a part of revenue which are not true only for bad/so-so games.

Just to round things up, this person is now considering buying a PS3 (if a "Wii 2" doesn't show up soon) due to custom firmware. Which translates into more expense with ISP, HDD, power bill, batteries and the list goes on...

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Again, even IF Nintendo somehow can make modchips stop working, pirates can easily bypass that by softmodding their Wiis. But those people that use modchips for brick fixing autoboot things cannot bypass anything, they would be screwed.
And why do people need modchips to do brick-fixing autoboot things? Because modchips let you mess up the system with out-of-region updates.

We need modchips because we need modchips!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Remfin said:
WiiBricker said:
And why do people need modchips to do brick-fixing autoboot things? Because modchips let you mess up the system with out-of-region updates.

LoL, do you really believe what you just said or do you just want to argue with me? As a reminder, Team Twiizers and many other devs used modchips while development and there are still developers with hardmodded consoles around.
Also without modchips a lot of semi-bricks would have not be fixed in the early Wii scene days. And how the hell can modchips "mess up" the system?

D

Deleted User

So is riivolution like sdcaffine for wii? if so, how do I dump games to make riivolution mods?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing this and it said needs to install ios37 it did and everything said success but at the end said something is still wrong I’m outta here. Any idea what happened?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated