OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gomgoblog.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! Well, the problem is that i downloaded NSMBW Master Mode (From an ArchiveORG repository) and i wanted to patch my New Super Mario Bros Wii (is an NTFS-U edition) ISO with the mod

Folders i have:
The MOD Folder "NSMBWMM" wich contains this:
1691868807887.png

And New Super Mario Bros Wii NTSC-U Game Files:
1691869314835.png

I extracted the ISO to a folder using Dolphin (Game>Properties>File System>RightClick on the root>Extract) got the files of the mod and copy them to the game folder.
The problem isn't there, i tryed to run it on Dolphin, i had not so much problem on a beggining, but wen i passed the "Hold Wiimote on horizontal" screen i got this error [On Dolphin]
1691869633616.png

(If i press "ignore", game will launch without problem as shown above)
1691869724004.png

Well, as i said, the problem it's there, the problem begins when i copy the game to my Wii, i have a Wii Family (RVL-101) with USB Loader GX, its cIOS and everything, with a disk formatted with "WBFS Manager", so it's unredable for my computer, i can only read the disk with WBFS Manager, when i copy the game to the disk via WBFS Manager, there's no problem, i put the disk back on my Wii and open USB Loader GX, search for the game and open it.

The game starts, shows me the 1st Wiimote Screen (The clasical "Don't kick anyone with your WiiMote" stuff), then, i see the "Put your Wiimote on horizontal" Screen and then, once i press the button to continue screen turns black and my Wii freezes, sometimes, the Wiimote even gets disconected

I already installed Newer Super Mario Bros Wii without any problem, but this one doesn't have any Riivolution stuff or anything, just the folders

Where's the problem and how can i solve it?

Last edited by gomgo,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! Well, the problem is that i downloaded NSMBW Master Mode (From an ArchiveORG repository) and i wanted to patch my New Super Mario Bros Wii (is an NTFS-U edition) ISO with the mod

Folders i have:
The MOD Folder "NSMBWMM" wich contains this:
View attachment 387957

And New Super Mario Bros Wii NTSC-U Game Files:
View attachment 387958

I extracted the ISO to a folder using Dolphin (Game>Properties>File System>RightClick on the root>Extract) got the files of the mod and copy them to the game folder.
The problem isn't there, i tryed to run it on Dolphin, i had not so much problem on a beggining, but wen i passed the "Hold Wiimote on horizontal" screen i got this error [On Dolphin]
View attachment 387959
(If i press "ignore", game will launch without problem as shown above) View attachment 387960

Well, as i said, the problem is't there, the problem begins when i copy the game to my Wii, i have a Wii Family (RVL-101) with USB Loader GX, its cIOS and everything, with a disk formatted with "WBFS Manager", so it's unredable for my computer, i can only read the disk with WBFS Manager, when i copy the game to the disk via WBFS Manager, there's no problem, i put the disk back on my Wii and open USB Loader GX, search for the game and open it.

The game starts, shows me the 1st Wiimote Screen (The clasical "Don't kick anyone with your WiiMote" stuff), then, i see the "Put your Wiimote on horizontal" Screen and then, once i press the button to continue screen turns black and my Wii freezes, sometimes, the Wiimote even gets disconected

I already installed Newer Super Mario Bros Wii without any problem, but this one doesn't have any Riivolution stuff or anything, just the folders

Where's the problem and how can i solve it?
My theory is most likely the anti-piracy measures in NSMB Wii that is triggering this, it relies on reading the BCA (burst cutting area) to determine whether it is legitimate. You will need to patch the DOL executable to make this work on chipped systems, but if you're booting this with USB Loader GX or WiiFlow, then it will automatically patch this anyways.

gomgo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gomgoblog.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Spain
My theory is most likely the anti-piracy measures in NSMB Wii that is triggering this, it relies on reading the BCA (burst cutting area) to determine whether it is legitimate. You will need to patch the DOL executable to make this work on chipped systems, but if you're booting this with USB Loader GX or WiiFlow, then it will automatically patch this anyways.

Full Edit, the Mod I'm trying to download belongs here https://archive.org/details/new-super-mario-bros-wii-mod-archive

It says that the mods without riivolution files should generate one XML File with Riivolution XML Generator, my problems are that I don't know how to use the program in my case and that I want to install the mod to an ISO to run on USB Loader or anywhere but the Disk because I have no longer access to the Fisical game

How do I patch the Game to work with my Wii? I've already tryed other Loaders, thank you so much

The mod I'm trying to download is on Original Folder inside the repository
This is the mod:
New Super Mario Bros Wii Master Mode
Inside files Here

Well, the other mod (Newer SMBW) works without so much problem, and this one too, until I press "2" to confirm that my Wiimote is on Horizontal position as shown in the video
[Video Deleted, just showing how the game freezes after the "Put your WiiMote on horizontal" message]

I don't think is an Anty-piracy thing, i even tryed with an Internet Patched (I guess "anti-piracy" patched) Version and i had the same problem, also, Dolphin throws me that error on the same part of the game

I have no chip on my Wii, just Software Hacked, using USBLoader to run backups and Mods

What could i use to make it run on my Wii, i already tryed other Loaders

Btw, Generic Wii Patchers says there's no patch needed:
1691875256269.png

Last edited by gomgo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto