Hacking Riivolution

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Justin121994 said:
Will this work on my retail scratched Mario Kart Wii? Like it freezes going to a stage won't it work now ;P since it's just replacing it? Or what?
If you are replacing the file that is freezing it should work. In theory if you can identify what files are causing it to freeze and had a backup somewhere, you could extract those files and replace them with...themselves, and then do whatever other hacks you want to do too.

It'sLuigi64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
um i cant this thing to work lol:P i bet i did something wrong XD lol
kk i put the nsmb template in the Riivolution folder and renamed it NSMB,
then i dumped all of the stage files from the disk and put them in the nsmb folder in the root sd card and
when i go to the menu i see nothing lol just a red screen with the words install launch and exit:(
um does anyone know where i when wrong?

also about the backup thing. its good that team is trying to stop pirates but for the people that have a damaged dvd drive they wont be able to use this:(

adicttedgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could i add cutom music fo MKW????????
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif

It'sLuigi64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
adicttedgamer:
to do that just make an brstm and replace a song in the game using wii scrubber
a good brstm maker is the brstm-gui;) its made for brawl but will work with mkwii too

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
grrkodiak said:
is Riivolution of any use with RB2
No.
It replaces files on the disc.
RawkSD is better for pretty much any use you could think of for Riivolution, except texture and model replacement.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
Nintendo is against modding of their games. Remember the law suit against Game Genie?

On the other hand, some companies think mods bring new life to games and bring in new players. Hell!, Epic encourages mods of thier Unreal and Unreal Tournament games.

It's up to the companies, if they want to stop modders.
Nintendo is also against any backups, 'legit' or otherwise (and so are many of the laws out there) too, but you'll find countless hypocrites using USB loaders who pretend to care about Nintendo's wishes for their IP as well. This isn't about legalities, it's about people attempting to punish those who don't share the same moral code as themselves, while trying to make themselves feel better at the same time as they giddily ride atop their high horses.

At least they got it technically right when they lumped all backup/USB loader users in with the pirates!
laugh.gif

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yet another ‘news’ blog that takes various descriptions and movies from other people without properly attributing. This is not the thread for your self promotion or for whatever money you make from those ads.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually my family moves a lot, and most of my original discs are too scratched to be used. Or I get the "Disc Can Not Be Read" every 5 minutes. >.>
But it is the developers choice, their program, and we should respect their decision. If we don't like it, someone should do it them selves then.

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
No, it will never. And nobody believes you your story
tongue.gif

Why does anyone give a shit... backups are backups... so let me see is everyone just going to go buy another copy of their game if their original copy dies... why should you... if you want to copy your own stuff... why is that an issue... and who are we to judge...

sounds good to me... but what do I know or care

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)