Hacking Riivolution

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Well first off I think it's amazing.

Second I think it's a bit bad that you guys decided to try to "stop the pirates" but it's your app to do with as you please at the end of the day.

Lastly, it's not hard to write an app that can open a game image swap files using the packages that will be made. The custom art and sounds etc is hard work, but maybe this will encourage more "customs" to be made, well "packages".

I expect an automated app to do this soon for backups, and it may even have extra features like including some of dacks tools so you can choose to have a different save file for your custom.

End of the day this could be good for everyone.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
I think this program is useless.
Why post this on a forum where most people use backups?

This should not be an issue.... just take out the disk you bought, that you made your BACKUP with, and way to go!

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Deadliner:

No. Your problem is probably something in the dol. I can think of many reasons - code changes in the US version reflected in the data, checksum algorithms, missing sections or strings or references, hardcoded junk…

As I believe I mentioned to you before, you’ll probably need an assembly hacker to figure out what’s wrong. Also, partition builder makes a valid fst for the files (if you use the non-broken version 1.1 or 1.2).

As for custom backup swappers, well, those tools already exist and are easy to do. WART can do it, off the top of my head. Sticks NSMBWii tileset changes into an ISO, I think it can even pass it to dolphin to launch or something. Something like Riivolution is not as easy, especially if you want all of it’s features (there are many, many features in the backend).

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUT BUT. What if i'm a collector and keep it in my box without ever using it....So it's sealed new, but use "backups" to play it. So i don't need to open my original.
tongue.gif

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Justin121994 said:
BUT BUT. What if i'm a colllector and keep it in my box without ever using it....So it's sealed new. But use "backups" to play it so i don't need to open my original
tongue.gif
Then it's technically not a backup, because you didn't "back up" your own copy
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pop006 said:
YayMii said:
Why post this on a forum where most people use backups?This should not be an issue.... just take out the disk you bought, that you made your BACKUP with, and way to go!
What if that disc is in the store? And I don't want to buy it? loljk
Well this is what I meant:
QUOTE(YayMii @ Mar 21 2010, 04:59 PM)
Why post this on a forum where most people pirate their games?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
AerialX said:
Does Riivolution work with my "backups" or USB loaders?
No. And that's not a bug.
This ruins things for a lot of people. I install my retail games to my hard drive and play them via USB loader because it is much more convenient.
I know this was a few pages ago, but what? I do the same thing, but since I have the discs, this isn't exactly difficult for me to use if I should wish to. It's way way more convenient then trying to insert the changed files into the ISO itself. If you have the disks as well then it's not a problem for you to use it either, so I don't understand the drama over it. O_O

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A schema for Riivolution XML files version 2

Version 2 has most of the previous bugs/missing features implemented.

The only thing still missing is is not able to tell you what is and is not required. The attributes are all there for VS/etc to give you hints, it just can't definitively say "you're missing this that is required" for the tags.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
No, the disc is read-only media. The Wii can not change disc at all. It also does nothing permanent to your Wii, with the possible exception of installing a small part of the latest Nintendo update, which is completely safe for Homebrew. Specifically, IOS37 only. If you already have a clean version of the newest IOS37 (for example from the 4.2 update), it installs nothing. It takes this file directly from Nintendo’s server.

mariobros1

Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
TempusC said:
No, the disc is read-only media. The Wii can not change disc at all. It also does nothing permanent to your Wii, with the possible exception of installing a small part of the latest Nintendo update, which is completely safe for Homebrew. Specifically, IOS37 only. If you already have a clean version of the newest IOS37 (for example from the 4.2 update), it installs nothing. It takes this file directly from Nintendo’s server.
Oh ok,
Anyway has anyone got a mario kart wii template out yet?.
It would be useful.

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing that cIOScorp isn't supported ruins everything for me.
You see I have legit MKW, legit SSBB, legit NSMBW, almost all my games are legit.
All except for a few burned isos which i use as a 'try before you buy'. I use cIOScorp for loading these because a) its easier and b) i don't have to worry about manually patching all my IOS..
But since it just uses an IOS36, i could however just play these burned isos using GeckoOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1