Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@uberpubert69 They'll work, but as far as I know, not even CPS-1 is full speed currently on original 3DS, so it may not be worth it.
I'm running through all the retro cores to see what is/isn't playable on my o3ds right now. Plus I'm just really curious lol. Just wanted to ask in case I may just be wasting my time with the FBA cores.
Not to mention the vastly decreased available ram, making even less of the roms even loadable let alone playable.
That's also what I meant when I asked. How much RAM does the O3DS have so I can avoid the bigger sized games?

Last edited by uberpubert69,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm running through all the retro cores to see what is/isn't playable on my o3ds right now. Plus I'm just really curious lol. Just wanted to ask in case I may just be wasting my time with the FBA cores.

That's also what I meant when I asked. How much RAM does the O3DS have so I can avoid the bigger sized games?
The only RA cores I bother with on my o3ds (as CIA's) are Genesis_plus_gx for MasterSystem and GameGear, Picodrive for Megadrive, Mednafen_ngp for NeoGeo pocket, Mednafen_pce_fast for PCEngine/TG16. I've stuck with Blargsnes, Gameyob, FCEUMM because they service my requirements adequately - and I prefer their CIA banners to the boring, static, silent Libretro banners - even though I could replace them with Catsfc, Gambatte, and Fceumm_libretro/Nestopia.

Different matter entirely on my n3ds, where I'm running about 12 of the Libretro cores as 3dsx.

As far as available ram on o3ds; I can't remember exactly, but I believe it's somewhere between 40-60mb (probably nearer the lower end of that, possibly even less). In terms of what roms will work, remember to factor in the emulator and bios as overheads and the unzipped size of the rom.

Last edited by duwen,

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just had to catch up with the last 25 pages of this thread since I last visited just to find this post so I know it's not just me having the CPS2 graphics renderer problem. Strange that it's only affecting some of the roms though (mvc=sound only, but xmvsf works fine).
I've rolled back again to an earlier, fully compatible, build for the time being.

Really pleased with NeoGeo compatibility now though - getting to play Last Blade on my n3ds rocks!

Neo-Geo does work fine though, yes. But... I'm curious, when did people notice the CPS2's half-broken renderer in the thread? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed this.

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to save button configuration per core?

I tried to have one config for Neogeo Retroarch and another for every else but it seems that it doesn't work.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Neo-Geo does work fine though, yes. But... I'm curious, when did people notice the CPS2's half-broken renderer in the thread? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed this.
I'm too lazy to properly bisect this, but if we assume it was the same commit which allowed for more RAM/larger Neo Geo ROMs, then it happened on October 23. The 2015-10-22 nightly on the builtbot page works fine for CPS-2 in the meantime.
Is there any way to save button configuration per core?

I tried to have one config for Neogeo Retroarch and another for every else but it seems that it doesn't work.
Yeah, per-core configs don't work currently.

On the upside, there is a way to do what you're asking: the "Core Input Remapping Options" menu, under the "Quick Menu" in most cores (note: you must load a game before the Quick Menu will work).

On the downside, the core input remapping menu isn't set up for Neo Geo yet.

On the upside, you can still use core input remapping without the menu being available with a little bit of manual effort. I discussed this much earlier in the thread, so I'll just quote myself again:
From what I can tell, the Core Input Remapping Options menu is used for creating these button remaps, but they actually seem to work even on cores which don't have the menu itself (yet). I made myself a remap file for using in Neo Geo games because the Neo Geo CD layout is poor for three-button games like Metal Slug and there's no four-button games I care about because I'm a jerk and I think fighting games are boring.

What I actually did was to build the remap file I wanted in the CPS-2 core and save it, then I went in and moved/renamed that core remap file to sd:/retroarch/remaps/FBA Cores Neo/FBA Cores Neo.rmp. Then, make sure that Settings > Configuration > Load Remap Files Automatically is enabled in RetroArch. Bam, you've got your buttons remapped specifically for the Neo Geo core. I assume you could probably do the same thing for per-game remaps by putting your remaps in the same directory with the title of your ROM (e.g. mslug.rmp).

Same thing will probably work for all the other cores, too, so you should be able to have per-core or per-game remaps whether or not the core in question supports remapping via the menu.

If anyone wants my Neo Geo remap file, here you go:
Code:
input_player1_b = "1"
input_player1_y = "8"
input_player1_select = "2"
input_player1_start = "3"
input_player1_up = "4"
input_player1_down = "5"
input_player1_left = "6"
input_player1_right = "7"
input_player1_a = "0"
input_player1_x = "9"
input_player1_l = "10"
input_player1_r = "11"
input_player1_l2 = "12"
input_player1_r2 = "13"
input_player1_l3 = "14"
input_player1_r3 = "15"
input_player1_l_x = "0"
input_player1_l_y = "1"
input_player1_r_x = "2"
input_player1_r_y = "3"
input_player2_b = "0"
input_player2_y = "1"
input_player2_select = "2"
input_player2_start = "3"
input_player2_up = "4"
input_player2_down = "5"
input_player2_left = "6"
input_player2_right = "7"
input_player2_a = "8"
input_player2_x = "9"
input_player2_l = "10"
input_player2_r = "11"
input_player2_l2 = "12"
input_player2_r2 = "13"
input_player2_l3 = "14"
input_player2_r3 = "15"
input_player2_l_x = "0"
input_player2_l_y = "1"
input_player2_r_x = "2"
input_player2_r_y = "3"
input_player3_b = "0"
input_player3_y = "1"
input_player3_select = "2"
input_player3_start = "3"
input_player3_up = "4"
input_player3_down = "5"
input_player3_left = "6"
input_player3_right = "7"
input_player3_a = "8"
input_player3_x = "9"
input_player3_l = "10"
input_player3_r = "11"
input_player3_l2 = "12"
input_player3_r2 = "13"
input_player3_l3 = "14"
input_player3_r3 = "15"
input_player3_l_x = "0"
input_player3_l_y = "1"
input_player3_r_x = "2"
input_player3_r_y = "3"
input_player4_b = "0"
input_player4_y = "1"
input_player4_select = "2"
input_player4_start = "3"
input_player4_up = "4"
input_player4_down = "5"
input_player4_left = "6"
input_player4_right = "7"
input_player4_a = "8"
input_player4_x = "9"
input_player4_l = "10"
input_player4_r = "11"
input_player4_l2 = "12"
input_player4_r2 = "13"
input_player4_l3 = "14"
input_player4_r3 = "15"
input_player4_l_x = "0"
input_player4_l_y = "1"
input_player4_r_x = "2"
input_player4_r_y = "3"
input_player5_b = "0"
input_player5_y = "1"
input_player5_select = "2"
input_player5_start = "3"
input_player5_up = "4"
input_player5_down = "5"
input_player5_left = "6"
input_player5_right = "7"
input_player5_a = "8"
input_player5_x = "9"
input_player5_l = "10"
input_player5_r = "11"
input_player5_l2 = "12"
input_player5_r2 = "13"
input_player5_l3 = "14"
input_player5_r3 = "15"
input_player5_l_x = "0"
input_player5_l_y = "1"
input_player5_r_x = "2"
input_player5_r_y = "3"
And here's what it actually does:
Code:
Neo Geo CD          Adjusted layout
  D                   D
C   B               A   C
  A                   B

^                   ^
  |                   |
  |                   Left-to-right A/B/C layout is much better for 3-button games.
  |
  RetroArch uses this layout currently.

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome man!

Thank you so much!

It works perfectly exactly how you described it.

It's even better because the new remap config is only working in the core (Neo Geo) and it doesn't change menu selection config of the core which is more convenient because it doesn't screw up your default config for searching through the menu.

Now I have A(Y) B(B) C(A) D(X) set for the Neo core and finally the Metal Slug plays and controls closest to native.

Reactions: Vague Rant

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So some of the games show the error BurnMalloc@src/burner/libretro/3ds/burn_memory.c:56 what does this mean?
Also when i do start select on the corner it says universalbios and only has 3 options it doesnt have the one like on youtube
Rom is too big to run on your system :)
Would CPS3 ever be possible on N3DS? Warzard, Jojo and 3rd Strike would be fucking boss.
I'm praying about this every day, man. ;D
(would love to play Irem, and cave 1st and PGM stuff too)

I've had a lot of crashes with gPSP though. Both on this build and both of the most recent 2 builds before (10/22, 10/23). Happens on .3ds and .cia versions, and doesn't seem to be triggered by any specific thing. Necessitates a full restart of my 3DS.

Are these freezes/crashes logged somewhere? I'd be happy to upload the logs somewhere if it would help with debugging. If not, just thought I'd let you know here.
I would stick to rom injection if I were you. (but the gba games run natively, so no fancy Retroarch functions either ^^'')

Last edited by Azel,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Load up a NeoGeo Game, press the Screen when Game is loaded, go to Core Options, Enable UniBIOS, Exit App. Load up Game again, when UniBIOS Menu shows up press B, C, and D at the same time to access BIOS Menu.
When i do those three at once nothing happens it just exits out of unibios

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By default if you didn't change mapping, B,C,and D on NeoGeo is A,Y,X on 3ds.

Try to press Y,X and A on 3ds at the same time, I'm sure it'll work.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
By default if you didn't change mapping, B,C,and D on NeoGeo is A,Y,X on 3ds.

Try to press Y,X and A on 3ds at the same time, I'm sure it'll work.
Okay so i got unibios enabled under core options, i loaded up metal slug, i pressed start and select to open the unibios ingame menu, pressed a,y and x and it just closes out of the menu

Edit: Lol im an idiot, at the first screen of SNK thats when you press it i got it to work thanks

Last edited by Stack3r,

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
before the game is loaded, you'll have NeoGeo Unibios screen (green letters). Then you need to press A,Y,X without pressing select and start.
These are different kind of menus.
When you're in the game you should press select and start and there you have different unibios screen for different kind of settings, for cheats etc.

Edit: Ok, I see now that you figured out. Cheers!

Last edited by vladagaja24,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
before the game is loaded, you'll have NeoGeo Unibios screen (green letters). Then you need to press A,Y,X without pressing select and start.
These are different kind of menus.
When you're in the game you should press select and start and there you have different unibios screen for different kind of settings, for cheats etc.
Yeah lol i figured it out thanks

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to test CPS1, CPS2, and Neo Geo for kernel access O3DS now I got the proper romset. Will report results later.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, as I mentioned when I first quoted your post, I read through the last 25+ pages of this thread looking for word on the CPS2 renderer problem and yours was the only mention of it.
I rolled back to a build from a couple of weeks ago that I knew worked fine, and I'll stick with it until there's confirmation of the problem being fixed... hoping it will coincide with the release of ninjhax2.5 ;)

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me, I can't get any of the battle networks running at anywhere near 60 on 3dsx. Is there any specific settings I should have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: How old are you? Me: I was alive when I was alive Any hints