Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gpSP got a major speed boost on o3DS, Pokemon Ruby runs almost full speed, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror runs at full speed. WarioWare Inc. was like 9 FPS though.
I don't notice any differences. There are no changes on the github repository either

Tubb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gpSP got a major speed boost on o3DS, Pokemon Ruby runs almost full speed, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror runs at full speed. WarioWare Inc. was like 9 FPS though.
I'm having trouble running gpsp. Its the only nightly emu that I just cant seem to get to load roms. It keeps failing to load the bios image. Does it need to be anywhere in particular?

Edit: Just kidding, found what I was doing wrong. Works just about as well as mGBA does on old 3ds, even for Ruby and Amazing Mirror, around 15-25 fps.

Last edited by Tubb,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Came to back to, indeed, Neo-Geo finally getting a ROM size compatibility boost.......
Buuuut 3dsx CPS2 had it's graphics renderer broken in the process. Nothing but audio.
But MVSC boots properly now at least. :/

Oh look, and PCE CD loading is now broken too!
Bah...
I just had to catch up with the last 25 pages of this thread since I last visited just to find this post so I know it's not just me having the CPS2 graphics renderer problem. Strange that it's only affecting some of the roms though (mvc=sound only, but xmvsf works fine).
I've rolled back again to an earlier, fully compatible, build for the time being.

Really pleased with NeoGeo compatibility now though - getting to play Last Blade on my n3ds rocks!

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
So some of the games show the error BurnMalloc@src/burner/libretro/3ds/burn_memory.c:56 what does this mean?
Also when i do start select on the corner it says universalbios and only has 3 options it doesnt have the one like on youtube

Last edited by Stack3r,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know where the BIOS file is supposed to be located for gpSP? I've put it in a half dozen places and still, no dice. This thing is making me blow my top.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On neogeo is there a way to open service menu? I want to turn blood on for metalslug
Load up a NeoGeo Game, press the Screen when Game is loaded, go to Core Options, Enable UniBIOS, Exit App. Load up Game again, when UniBIOS Menu shows up press B, C, and D at the same time to access BIOS Menu.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My experiences with Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga: New Nintendo 3DS on 10.2 IronHax
  • mgba: Runs at full-speed (wow!) but crashes at the first Bowser fight.
  • gpsp: Runs at full-speed during battles, but seems to stutter a bit anytime you aren't in a fight.
Definitely not trying to complain, just figured I'd post my results :D Looking forward to see where all this goes.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The FBA cores say they're v0.2.97.28 but would a romset for v0.2.97.36 work?
Yes, I've been using the latest FBA romset with no problems. The changes between the build used by RA and the current official FBA aren't concerned with CPS1+2 or NeoGeo (aside from possibly some additional clones in the newer set - but it's probably best to only bother with 'parent' roms in RA anyway, or it can get confusing as to what files you need on your card).

Reactions: uberpubert69

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yes, I've been using the latest FBA romset with no problems. The changes between the build used by RA and the current official FBA aren't concerned with CPS1+2 or NeoGeo (aside from possibly some additional clones in the newer set - but it's probably best to only bother with 'parent' roms in RA anyway, or it can get confusing as to what files you need on your card).
FBA do regularly sync their ROMsets with MAME's, so it wouldn't strictly be necessary for any changes to CPS/Neo Geo in FBA to occur before ROMs change if anything changed on the MAME side. But yeah, generally as long as your ROMs are from a fairly similar version number, the odds of ROMs having changed in that time (even including MAME syncs) are pretty low.

Reactions: uberpubert69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OmDRetro, good point