Hacking REQUEST FROM GW: We need you help with Zelda v1.1 Cartridge Dumps

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hey GaryOPA, do you know what the release timeframe is for the Cubic Ninja GatewayLauncher? Are we looking at week/s, or another multi-month wait?

the GW team never share their release dates with anyone. "SOON" is all they're going to tell him.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for my conclusion to tests i did today, i encountered so far two Versions, rev0 and rev1.1 EUR.

The main difference was:

rev0 = no digital Manual and the first Line in Dump:
(Crypt is Repeating CTR FAIL)
Code:
Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

00000000  20 CD F8 67 53 74 D7 49 7D 66 91 4B D4 BE 11 4C  ÍøgSt×I}f‘KÔ¾.L

rev1.1 = Digital Manual and the first Line in Dump:
(Crypt is Repeating CTR FAIL)
Code:
Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

00000000  C3 59 DE 01 32 A8 DE E2 29 2D 51 9B 55 35 56 8E  ÃYÞ.2¨Þâ)-Q›U5VŽ

Both worked fine in my AUS new3DS XL OFW 9.2.0 with Save provided by Gateway.

Reactions: thaikhoa

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Do you expect them to spend $90 USD per cartridge for every region and cross their fingers and hope it doesn't work so they can use it to make a fixed save file?
The game costs $90?... I thought it costed the same as any other 3DS game - around $30.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The game costs $90?... I thought it costed the same as any other 3DS game - around $30.
lol even before it was out of print, finding it for under the $40 new pricetag was a bit of a chore. These days the game is up around $80 USD regardless of region.

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully they can iron out that annoying GW3D firmware version bug with larger microSD cards in this next release. (Maybe look at finally implementing GBA/DSiWare support too?)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I go to Gamestop, they'll sell me a new copy for around $80? O.O
Gamestop doesn't even stock new copies anymore. One of those things about out of print games. If you happen to have a store with used copies near you, they sell them for about $55, about as cheap as a person can find the game for the most part anymore.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ass:
DfsOB0cl.jpg

I saw it at my local Gamestop a few days ago, too. Didn't even think anything of it...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
My ass:
DfsOB0cl.jpg

I saw it at my local Gamestop a few days ago, too. Didn't even think anything of it...
Go buy it then, I doubt there would be many new copies still around, and the store if they had any sense would just bust open the packaging and charge $54.99 instead......yes it's more expensive if they open it :huh:

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go buy it then, I doubt there would be many new copies still around, and the store if they had any sense would just bust open the packaging and charge $54.99 instead......yes it's more expensive if they open it :huh:
I pirated it. But, I could do that, not open it, and wait a few years, and sell it for a lot.

soniczeki

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Um i have a my private OOT3D dump ntsc version. But i sold cardridge long time ago.

Is there anything I can do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +3
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    +1
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    +1
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Yeah, BonziBuddy was both spyware and ad-ware. It collected children's personal information without consent as well as display fake Windows popups.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast bonzi got discontinued
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The people who created Bonzi now owns a company called 2KDirect; an advertising firm. https://www.ipromote.com/
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast they get slightly cleaner money
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, hot take
    +2
    So Bonzi buddy was an evil version of Alexa lol
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it should be 18 or the age you're an adult should be 21.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i know what you may be thinking, "why become an adult at 21? doesn't that mean that banging an 18 year old would be illegal?"
    first of all, being in a relationship with someone who's 18 is technically ok, as long as it started when they were 18, but the age gap is still weird depending on how old you are. besides, the age of consent differs between different states
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also my reasoning for adult age being 21 is because the reason that's the drinking (and now smoking) age is because it "gives them more time to think rationally and not drive drunk"
    so you should have that extra time to mature and think rationally before going to serve in the military or vote
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr the "adult" age and the legal drinking age (and voting age) here in the US should be the same
    +3
    It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about making kids wait till 18 or 21 to drive? And yea is messed up, you can join army and die for your country at age 18, but you can't drink alcohol or smoke a cig til 21, is ridiculous
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsR4O4W0w