Steps to install Zelda BotW mods? (for linkle)

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm trying to understand how to install the linkle mod to zelda botw and it seems complicated, I might not be far from being able to do it but if I need to dump the game I actually haven't done that before so I could use info on the steps.

I did these steps:
1- Installed the python environment 3.8 (with path checked)
2- Installed BCML with the command line
3- Downloaded the linkle 3.0 bnp file

I have Zelda installed on my switch. Is this what I have to dump to then use those files? How do I dump it and then what do I do to get the files working? I saw a thread that mentioned a program called yuzu? is that needed, what is it for?

Thx for any info on the next steps
Post automatically merged:

I thought to post again since I managed to figure out how to make it work. It wasn't noob friendly because there weren't clear guides.

I think someone can follow the bcml instructions for the most part but you also have to know how to dump the game as romfs, which you can do with nxdumptool - just make sure to select romfs and dump the last update (v 1.6.0 but it might show a different number, select the last upd) and it will dump the base+update together, and then you can dump the dlc files individually too. (it looked like it would take hours for me but it eventually sped up and worked out, though you do need the space on your sd card for it, like 14 gb+)

For bcml make sure you check the option for Switch, and you have to create the folder paths that they give an example of in the tooltips, ending in romfs instead of the name that the dump tool gives for them (and having the right number for the folder before that). Once you do you can select those folder paths and a green check mark will be next to them.

After you finish that setup all you have to do is add the linkle mod (3.0 is the one I used) bnp, select to install it in and then click 'export' to get a zip file with the right folders to add to Atmosphere/content, and that's it.

As a side note, when I tried to get the game dump from nxdumptool's folders, I was using usb through dbi and it couldn't get all the files for some reason, and the dump folder only had under 1mb of size, so I then used usb tools in hekate instead and that worked.
It's probably not an issue if someone is just using their micro-sd card directly instead of usb.

Last edited by Windsall,

Sourenics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And how do you install it once the mods have been applied? I mean, you dump the game+update, apply mods and then what? Also in nxdumptool I checked update dump but I don't know if I'm doing it correctly. Is dumping a 14GB file. I just want to install a infinite durability mod :wacko:

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how do you install it once the mods have been applied? I mean, you dump the game+update, apply mods and then what? Also in nxdumptool I checked update dump but I don't know if I'm doing it correctly. Is dumping a 14GB file. I just want to install a infinite durability mod :wacko:
tbh you can simply use a save editor and make anything you own virtually indestructible, and strong enough to kill anything in 1 hit. Much easier than going through all of this trouble for a durability mod... This thread has renewed my curiosity about mods though. Haven't actually installed any mods since I was playing Skyrim...

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 1. Install Cemu
Step 2. ????
Step 3. Profit

Seriously though BOTW runs and looks bad on Yuzu, Cemu version is 1000% better.

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which helps nobody that wants to play Linkle on their Switch.

Good job actually reading any of the posts here! /s
Oh I read, it still doesn't make sense. Also, the opening thread even says that they don't know what the program yuzu is. This whole site is basically dedicated to Switch (and other nintendo) emulation and hacks.

Why do you want to play Linkle on your Switch? Why would anyone want to play BOTW on the Switch even. You can play Linkle on the Cemu BOTW on a PC, on a Steamdeck, on a mobile phone even and it will play and look better than Switch BOTW. If you want to play the worse version then go ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: NakedLemon

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I read, it still doesn't make sense. Also, the opening thread even says that they don't know what the program yuzu is. This whole site is basically dedicated to Switch (and other nintendo) emulation and hacks.

Why do you want to play Linkle on your Switch? Why would anyone want to play BOTW on the Switch even. You can play Linkle on the Cemu BOTW on a PC, on a Steamdeck, on a mobile phone even and it will play and look better than Switch BOTW. If you want to play the worse version then go ahead.
If you have lots of money you want to spend on all that, sure, but that won't be the case for a lot. My computer isn't good enough to emulate switch xD. But also if someone wants to play it portably then it's the way to go. Steamdecks are quite expensive.

@Windsall, just use the package from this post, it's simply drag and drop:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-botw-linkle-3-0.622457/post-10111782
I managed to make it work and had edited the post to say how I did, but if whaty ou linked works then I'm sure it can be useful for people, thanks for sharing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto