I need some help with modding BoTW using BCML.

SlimeyVA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I just started modding my old Switch after upgrading to an OLED. I'm wanting to mod BoTW, but I'm having some trouble. I've been trying to follow guides, but nothing is up to date. I have a physical cartridge and am on firmware version 17.0.01. I'm at a point where I'm trying to specify the base game+update directory, but I've tried so many things for hours with no progress. Is there a way to *actually* combine the game and update files? I know there's SAK, but I couldn't figure out how to open it and couldn't find a guide. Do the game files need to be romfs or the folder that contains the romfs folder? I'm not sure what to do, and I hope my questions are understandable. Thank you in advance!

SlimeyVA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already tried tons of dumping methods. The files won't merge and I don't know where exactly to put them.

RipperSquid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So first off you'll dump all of your contents for BotW (Base, Update and DLC).
If your base game has been split into multiple files then run this command in CMD copy /b 01+02+03 yourfilename.nsp
Don't combine the Update to the base game or the DLC.

Then you'll need to set up your Switch emulator of choice, I used Yuzu for this and get BotW to show up in the directory. You should then be able to right click the game and extract the 'romfs' which is you want for BCML, get the emulator to extract everything and when it's done, you should have three folders in a romfs folder named "base", "update" and "DLC".

Then you can finish setting up the directories in BCML.
Sorry for being so vague with descriptions on Yuzu, it has been a while since I set this up myself, it should be pretty easy though.

SlimeyVA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first off you'll dump all of your contents for BotW (Base, Update and DLC).
If your base game has been split into multiple files then run this command in CMD copy /b 01+02+03 yourfilename.nsp
Don't combine the Update to the base game or the DLC.

Then you'll need to set up your Switch emulator of choice, I used Yuzu for this and get BotW to show up in the directory. You should then be able to right click the game and extract the 'romfs' which is you want for BCML, get the emulator to extract everything and when it's done, you should have three folders in a romfs folder named "base", "update" and "DLC".

Then you can finish setting up the directories in BCML.
Sorry for being so vague with descriptions on Yuzu, it has been a while since I set this up myself, it should be pretty easy tho
Thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?