• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Republican party wants to deny constitutional voting rights, to prevent 2022 mid terms from happening again

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP

In the us constitution everyone given the right to vote at the age of 18.
As you can see with the tweet above. The Republican party (as many agreed with her)
Want to just. Get rid of gen Z. From voting. through wishing to change the age to 21.
Because gen Z was the age group that stopped the red wave.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
I see one person.
Several other party members agreed with her. She's also the founder of ACT For America
A right wing organization assisting and supporting Trump since 2017.

And your party is genuinely considering this. (Regardless if they can or can't do it)
This should be a sign telling you that there's something wrong. That when your immediate urge on not getting what you wanted ( a red wave) that you need to go out and suppress the vote for the next election.
This should never be on the table. Ever.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should never be on the table. Ever.

Please. Anyone saying this is just blowing smoke up peoples' asses, they know it has no chance of ever happening.

And let's not act like this is some kind of sacred absolute, anyway. The voting age per the US Constitution was 21 until 1971 (26th Amendment).

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Please. Anyone saying this is just blowing smoke up peoples' asses, they know it has no chance of ever happening.

And let's not act like this is some kind of sacred absolute, anyway. The voting age per the US Constitution was 21 until 1971 (26th Amendment).
It doesn't matter if it "has no chance of happening"
You shouldn't ever consider pulling shit like that. Ever.
It's not blowing smoke if you're genuinely discussing it.
Post automatically merged:

Great, so now fox news among all the things it's fear mongering. Has now started fear mongering generation z. Cooooool.

Ignore the tweet. Go to 1:00 or if you have the time watch the whole segment and think about what is actually being said here.

"The fact that these youth voters are coming so strong in a off is very concerning. It looks like they've been brainwashed, this new generation is totally brainwashed... (Attack on women and education. And then saying because education people vote left)

Teachers aren't enabled to talk about their politics to students.And it shouldn't be concerning that people are voting more than before. Unless of course... You don't want people to be participating in a democracy.
The Republican party just can't get it through their thick skulls that they aren't liked by gen z. Not because of "brainwashing" but because we vote for more than just ourselves. We're the most diverse generation, and most open about it. We're more likely to have met people that don't fit into the norm.

And all the Republican party's polices do is hurt us, and our peers.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stopped the red wave? Republicans are about to take the House and Senate. 93% of Trump's endorsements won their races.

You really need to lay off watching the tax-exempt corporate/government media for a while and go observe some reality. You still don't realize they are lying.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Stopped the red wave? Republicans are about to take the House and Senate. 93% of Trump's endorsements won their races.
You should of took both two nights ago. It should been a instant win. However your holding now by an extremely slim margin. It should of been pretty damn clear you won (considering that the presidents party doesn't do well historically in the midterms)
It's why everyone calls it the red trickle. Because if it was a wave it would of swept. And gen z stopped it. And what was left was a puddle.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should of took both two nights ago. It should been a instant win. However your holding now by an extremely slim margin. It should of been pretty damn clear you won (considering that the presidents party doesn't do well historically in the midterms)
It's why everyone calls it the red trickle. Because if it was a wave it would of swept. And gen z stopped it. And what was left was a puddle.
There is zero difference between getting 218 or getting 250 House seats. There also is no difference between 51 Senate seats and 53 seats. You are watching too much Fox News.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
You are watching too much Fox News.
Ah yes, leftists LOOOOVE fox news, just as much as fox news loves gen z.

There is zero difference between getting 218 or getting 250 House seats. There also is no difference between 51 Senate seats and 53 seats
yes there is, Republicans was projecting 30+ in house for example. They're at 7+.
Less gained means more potential for infighting within the party to kill a bill in house or senate.

Reactions: smf

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, leftists LOOOOVE fox news, just as much as fox news loves gen z.
Post automatically merged:

yes there is, your party was projecting 30+ in house for example. You're at 7+
Then why are you parroting Fox News talking points? You sound like Paul Ryan, lol.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Then why are you parroting Fox News talking points? You sound like Paul Ryan, lol.
"parroting"
Man, like I don't want to make this joke, but now I have to. Are you on your last brain cell? Maybe haven't had a cup of coffee yet?
Great, so now fox news among all the things it's fear mongering. Has now started fear mongering generation z. Cooooool.
Could you not tell this was sarcasm? That I was not happy? If you also haven't figured out, look at my age.
Because yes, as a 21 year old, born in 2001, (part of gen z) really loves that fox news is calling my generation brainwashed. In absolutely no shape or form is this sarcasm, nooooooooooooope

And adknowlaging what your party was speculating during the day before election night (which i have the receipts if you want them) is apparently "parroting"
Cope harder.

Oh right, I forgot, you don't read my posts, you just skim and click that big fat reply button. Man that has to be working wonders for your reading comprehension

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"parroting"
Man, like I don't want to make this joke, but now I have to. Are you on your last brain cell? Maybe haven't had a cup of coffee yet?
Can't refute what I said so you resort to insults.
Could you not tell this was sarcasm? That I was not happy? If you also haven't figured out, look at my age.
Because yes, as a 21 year old, born in 2001, (part of gen z) really loves that fox news is calling my generation brainwashed. In absolutely no shape or form is this sarcasm, nooooooooooooope

And adknowlaging what your party was speculating during the day before election night (which i have the receipts if you want them) is apparently "parroting"
Cope harder.
Speculating does not equal Constitutional amendment. I guess since the Dems lost big, you have nothing else to hold on to. Keep crying, champ.
Oh right, I forgot, you don't read my posts, you just skim and click that big fat reply button. Man that has to be working wonders for your reading comprehension
I'm actually shocked that you are 21. You write like a 12 year old.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Can't refute what I said so you resort to insults.
my response is my refutation. You said I was parroting fox news. I demonstrated that I wasn't, given that I was criticizing them for their bullshit.
You can't refute my response, so you just go ahead and try to look like you did, by trying to create one line responses to what I said.

Reactions: smf

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gotta agree with @Hanafuda here. Your source is a single tweet and some speculation.

To be clear: i fully expect the republican party to try to change the rules in their favor at any chance they get, so it's not like i don't expect it if they could get away with it.

But they can't. And you know damn well it's not just the democrats fighting this all the way, but everyone affected. So they don't. Twitter posts are cheap soundbites and you know it.

But here's you are, doing exactly the same scaremongering that Tucker and other fox channel members love to do. So... No. It ain't working.

(note: I've got traderpatdx on ignore, so I've got no idea to what idea I'm agreeing with him.)

Reactions: Hanafuda

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Conservatives and republicans do hate freedom and democracy, so this isn't shocking anymore. Although 1 tweet isn't an accurate source, it's still safe to say that their goals are always finding ways to limit freedom and voting power in order to win future elections.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conservatives and republicans do hate freedom and democracy, so this isn't shocking anymore. Although 1 tweet isn't an accurate source, it's still safe to say that their goals are always finding ways to limit freedom and voting power in order to win future elections.
The left thoroughly enjoyed locking people down. Republican states opened up and the people were free, which is why so many people fled blue states for red states. And yes, we hate democracy because our true love is a republic.

The left limits voting power by eliminating all safeguards to the voting process. The left has shown they could care less if some random guy walked into a voting precinct, never registered, has no ID and voted or somebody brings in 20 ballots with no chain of custody.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The left thoroughly enjoyed locking people down. Republican states opened up and the people were free, which is why so many people fled blue states for red states. And yes, we hate democracy because our true love is a republic.

The left limits voting power by eliminating all safeguards to the voting process. The left has shown they could care less if some random guy walked into a voting precinct, never registered, has no ID and voted or somebody brings in 20 ballots with no chain of custody.
You just made shit up to get upset about it. There is no major Leftist movement, party, nor even politicians in the US. All actions are done under right wing parties and policies. Blue states are still right wing, democrats are still right wing, and everything they do is barely left from Republicans.
The rest you just made up, there is no major voter fraud. Glad you admit to hating democracy, try harder with pretending you don’t hate freedom. You can “no you” and make shit up all day but that doesn’t mean shit.

Last edited by The Catboy,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In the us constitution everyone given the right to vote at the age of 18.
As you can see with the tweet above. The Republican party (as many agreed with her)
Want to just. Get rid of gen Z. From voting. through wishing to change the age to 21.

well if it makes you feel any better, your used an illegal medical injection mandatory, so, i call that about even.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7