ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having this problem for a while, not sure if anyone knows or can help me but . . . I can't load by Theme Created in Yata Plus V.1.6 to CHMM? I know it has something to do with Yata Plus V. 1.6 itself, because I've compared and contrasted using the older version and the new, and in the old version my theme loads, but in the newer one it doesn't. I'm not using CWav or anything fancy, it's just whenever I go to change the image files, they have the same dimensions and everything, it causes some problem (but I don't know what exactly). In CHMM, the theme that doesn't work plays the background music, but when I reset to home to display the theme, the normal 3DS white theme appears instead. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

EDIT-Ok! I FIXED it! But I had to use the earlier version 1.5, for some reason I'm having issues with V1.6 (it's ok not that much has changed, I think my problem lies with the auto bottom image alignment).

Last edited by SammyPoke,

Greyhoundsniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason when I use the "open in your photo editor I get this screen
Capture.JPG

As you see im using paint.net because this is also not working on GIMP,Photoshop, and windows paint, is it a bug or the setting of these photo editors.

Last edited by Greyhoundsniper,

Greyhoundsniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having this problem for a while, not sure if anyone knows or can help me but . . . I can't load by Theme Created in Yata Plus V.1.6 to CHMM? I know it has something to do with Yata Plus V. 1.6 itself, because I've compared and contrasted using the older version and the new, and in the old version my theme loads, but in the newer one it doesn't. I'm not using CWav or anything fancy, it's just whenever I go to change the image files, they have the same dimensions and everything, it causes some problem (but I don't know what exactly). In CHMM, the theme that doesn't work plays the background music, but when I reset to home to display the theme, the normal 3DS white theme appears instead. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

EDIT-Ok! I FIXED it! But I had to use the earlier version 1.5, for some reason I'm having issues with V1.6 (it's ok not that much has changed, I think my problem lies with the auto bottom image alignment).

do you know where to get older versions of YATA+

CHICAGO-lollie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm. For some reason, YATA+ 1.6 produces a larger "body_LZ.bin" file than 1.5, and while a theme saved by both versions will appear to install correctly, only the 1.5 theme actually appears on the 3DS.

Thankfully, 1.5 can open themes saved in 1.6, and simply re-saving the theme will fix it. I've attached a .rar containing a theme that has been saved in both versions of YATA+, if this could help you.

edit: Oops, I've had to correct myself. My post originally implied that a theme created with 1.6 would not install correctly, but I have not tested this. I originally created the attached theme in an earlier version of YATA+, but I recently edited and saved the theme in 1.6 to tweak some colors. It was then that I found that the theme wouldn't display correctly. I had to open and re-save the theme in 1.5 in order to get it to install on my N3DS.

Attachments

• YATAThemesCompare.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 318
Last edited by CHICAGO-lollie,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can confirm. For some reason, YATA+ 1.6 produces a larger "body_LZ.bin" file than 1.5, and while a theme created by both versions will appear to install correctly, only the 1.5 theme actually appears on the 3DS.

Thankfully, 1.5 can open themes made in 1.6, and simply re-saving the theme will fix it. I've attached a .rar containing a theme that has been saved in both versions of YATA+, if this could help you.
Pretty strange, I don't remember that I changed something in the saving, mh...
When I'll get back home I'll check, thanks.
The strange thing is that if I added something new, YATA+ 1.5 would not open the themes, also in the tests I made the themes worked perfectly, there must be something that I forgot....

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Got it, i used else instead of else if, i didn't notice the problem because i tested the kind of themes that i fixed adding that condition but not other kinds, now it should work, i just made this build, i didn't fully test the new save code, but it seems working, so try it, this should also fix every theme that YATA+ 1.6 corrupted

Attachments

• YATA+.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 361

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the scrolling tiled background for the top screen, would it be possible to encode the image in a different format other than I4 or whatever is used? I want to be able to have the tiled images be in color instead of 16 shades of black and white. CMPR would be the best as it has the same file size, supports color, and allows transparency.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the scrolling tiled background for the top screen, would it be possible to encode the image in a different format other than I4 or whatever is used? I want to be able to have the tiled images be in color instead of 16 shades of black and white. CMPR would be the best as it has the same file size, supports color, and allows transparency.
No, it's not my choice, the 3ds supports only A8 for those images.
Transparency works, when loading from a theme a transparent image YATA+ removes the transparency, but if you change it to a transparent image and save it will work on a 3ds

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not my choice, the 3ds supports only A8 for those images.
Transparency works, when loading from a theme a transparent image YATA+ removes the transparency, but if you change it to a transparent image and save it will work on a 3ds
Aww bummer. I'm probably going to have to rework my Kirby theme then. Thank you for the reply though

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ooops, sorry, I thought this is the YATA+ thread! :P
Just a suggestion, the editor could auto-place the unused parts of the images and rotate, greyscale and remove the alpha channel of the top screen animated bg.

i thought about doing that if the size is wrong,maybe i'll add to the next version, top screen animated bg is already auto converted to grayscale

Reactions: SomeGamer

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YATA+ doesn't open since I don't have .NET 4.5 (can't get it, Windows XP) I tried the original YATA program and it works fine until I save the theme. Is there any way for me to create a new theme on my computer? I used YATA+ before on a friend's computer. Great work.
edit: the error says YATa+.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I'm probably out of luck until I can use another computer.

Last edited by katrain,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
YATA+ doesn't open since I don't have .NET 4.5 (can't get it, Windows XP) I tried the original YATA program and it works fine until I save the theme. Is there any way for me to create a new theme on my computer? I used YATA+ before on a friend's computer. Great work.
edit: the error says YATa+.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I'm probably out of luck until I can use another computer.
Yes, it's a net framework issue, i'm sorry, but the required net framework version was changed because i needed some functions that older versions doesn't have, you can try some older versions of YATA+ that you can find in the releases section on git hub, or if your pc is powerful enough you can try to create a virtual machine with windows 7 to use the latest net framework

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's a net framework issue, i'm sorry, but the required net framework version was changed because i needed some functions that older versions doesn't have, you can try some older versions of YATA+ that you can find in the releases section on git hub, or if your pc is powerful enough you can try to create a virtual machine with windows 7 to use the latest net framework
Thanks! I got 1.3.1 to work. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.