Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Hikari06 I see your screen with the new launcher at the OP.
Is it ready to download?
If so, how do I update the previous version?
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Heere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble installing a backup of a specific game. I've tried re-downloading multiple times and copying to my SD card multiple times. All other games seem to work fine. I'm guessing that there is something wrong with my PC's hard disk or the files from the server.

Could you add a verify feature that actually checks a hash of each file rather than just the file size?

It could work like this:
  • Right click option on a game for any user to mark the game as "good"
  • SHA-256 of each part is computed and uploaded to a verification server
  • The "verify" feature verifies the files by SHA-256 using the hashes from this server

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey how do i get darksiders warmaster edition to run without CFW?
EDIT: i downloaded the full game CFW ONLY EUR edition and the CD Ticket someone shared here. do i only need to replace the fake ticked with the real one befor installing?

Last edited by Dan-the-Rebirth,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I've been having trouble installing a backup of a specific game. I've tried re-downloading multiple times and copying to my SD card multiple times. All other games seem to work fine. I'm guessing that there is something wrong with my PC's hard disk or the files from the server.

Could you add a verify feature that actually checks a hash of each file rather than just the file size?

It could work like this:
  • Right click option on a game for any user to mark the game as "good"
  • SHA-256 of each part is computed and uploaded to a verification server
  • The "verify" feature verifies the files by SHA-256 using the hashes from this server
The verification process actually does rely on hash algorithms to verify the integrity, not only the size. The likelihood of a bad download when the game is marked as 'downloaded' is extremely small.
The only case for which it isn't true is indeed when importing a game since only the size is checked to speed things up. But you can request a verification by adding the game to the download queue.

Last edited by Hikari06,
D

Deleted User

So, remind me how this isn't piracy again? This allows to download the games without paying.
GBATemp "We do not condone piracy in any way". Well, this is A way.
Got a feeling i'll get banned for bringing it up...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So, remind me how this isn't piracy again? This allows to download the games without paying.
GBATemp "We do not condone piracy in any way". Well, this is A way.
Got a feeling i'll get banned for bringing it up...
You won't get banned for bringing it up, that's just a stupid assumption and a bad attempt at playing some sort of victim.

Why this isn't considered piracy, it's because the user has to find and provide access to the illegal files themselves.
Or do you think we shouldn't allow web browsers, since they can be used to download pirated content if you find it?

D

Deleted User

You won't get banned for bringing it up, that's just a stupid assumption and a bad attempt at playing some sort of victim.

Why this isn't considered piracy, it's because the user has to find and provide access to the illegal files themselves.
Or do you think we shouldn't allow web browsers, since they can be used to download pirated content if you find it?
I don't have a problem with piracy. I am a pirate i love piracy i use this software and love it.
My problem is with your double standards, you can't even NAME a roms site here without getting a warning (your own rules) and here we have this post promoting a software which main purpose is piracy.
What is the difference on downloading this software, typing and "mario kart 8" on its search bar and downloading the game vs going to a pirate site searching the same game and downloading it there?
Is it because you have to copy/paste a keys site url first? That makes it not piracy? You honestly believe that or am i being trolled here. Your argument won't hold up on any court let me tell you.
It doesn't matter the method or technicality you found to "not consider it piracy", you are getting something without paying that's piracy.

You could tell me the Admin allowed it, and that'll be enough for me.

Last edited by ,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you don't want to listen to an explanation, why ask in the first place?

Edit: Do you consider Torrent clients piracy?

Last edited by Issac,
D

Deleted User

If you don't want to listen to an explanation, why ask in the first place?

Edit: Do you consider Torrent clients piracy?
I'm up for an explanation you just didn't present any that made sense yet. I really want to understand how this isn't piracy.

I don't consider a torrent client piracy, a torrent client is a software to download torrents, torrents that somebody created and it's seeding (uploading) from his PC or a seedbox or a bunch of seedboxes. That can be piracy or not depeding on what it is he's sharing.

This is a software that is used to exploit a breach (or lack of security) from Nintendo servers in order to download the games without paying.
With torrent clients you can at least share non-copyrighted files. With this software you can only commit piracy.

Last edited by ,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm up for an explanation you just didn't present any that made sense yet. I really want to understand how this isn't piracy.

I don't consider a torrent client piracy, a torrent client is a software to download torrents, torrents that somebody created and it's seeding (uploading) from his PC or a seedbox or a bunch of seedboxes. That can be piracy or not depeding on what it is he's sharing.

This is a software that is used to exploit a breach (or lack of security) from Nintendo servers in order to download the games without paying.
With torrent clients you can at least share non-copyrighted files. With this software you can only commit piracy.
Fair enough.
But it's the same way an emulator that lacks any BIOS files doesn't contain any copyrighted content. This software doesn't contain any pirated content in itself, nor can be used for pirated content as it is right now. Again, the user has to provide the access to the pirated stuff themselves.

It's the same with freeshop (user has to do more stuff to get it to do bad stuff), compared to CIAngel, which works out of the box. We decided to not have it be available here until it also require the users themselves to provide the keys.

D

Deleted User

I see. That's much better.
This dev is very clever specially on the way he put it together to avoid as much trouble as possible.
I do think if this gets Nintendo's attention it has slim chance of not getting shut down. Because even if it needs to get the keys elsewhere to achieve it, its ultimate purpose is copyright infringement.
Thanks for the explanation. :grog:

Reactions: Issac

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this software you can only commit piracy.
You can also use your own console's tickets with it to download your purchased titles several times faster than the WiiU does. In addition, you then have a backup that can be reinstalled without hitting your data plan a second time.

Reactions: SaffronXL

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
As I've said since the very first release of this application, I do not endorse piracy. This might sound silly but there are legitimate uses for this application.
Furthermore, considering that the laws differ in almost every country it's virtually impossible for me to control how the end users use the app.
It is, as I've always clearly stated, up to the them to know how they can and should use it.
Finally, as it's been pointed out in the previous posts, the app in itself is nothing more than a fancy downloader which doesn't work at all without providing the tickets.
One could very well do the same with any web browser.

Last edited by Hikari06,

cactice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone point me in the direction of an explanation, or briefly explain what the Prepare Emulation option does? The option i am referring to is found in the Download Manger section of the Wii U USB Helper as one of the checkboxes under Action to perform once downloading is over. I tried searching this thread but was unable to come up with any results. I understand what emulators are, but I am just curious what it is the the Wii U USB Helper does when this option is selected.
Of course I also want to add my thanks for making this tool.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright