Homebrew [RELASE] WiiUDownloader - Multiplatform alternative to Wii U USB Helper

Trophies
XP
Cheers. All the big (256GB and up) SD cards on Am*zon seem to be SDXC only. I thought that was a no -no and it should be SDHC only?

Honestly I don't remember. Iirc correctly SDXC might not be compatible, although I could be wrong. You can always try it for yourself if you'd like, but I genuinely don't remember. Sorry.

chobochobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
LOL after several more hours of downloading via Nusspli again, I finally installed it. However it came up with a 'software cannot be used. The NNID used to purchase the software has been deleted'. :sad:

Edit: seems to be a sigpatches issue, in Aroma. I went back to Tiramisu and game starts fine.

Edit 2: copied sigpatches files to the Aroma directory and it works in Aroma. LOL learning on the job.
Post automatically merged:

Another basic question, whilst I'm populating a HDD for my US Wii U with US games. The Wii U is still region locked for Wii games even after Tiramisu/ Aroma right? I read somewhere that the HDD after being formatted in one Wii U, can't be read/ used by any other Wii U. Is this correct please?

I ask because I also have a Japanese Wii U. The answer to the question would determine if I have to use 2 separate HDDs, one for US Wii U games and one for Japanese Wii U games.

Also I found an unopened Sandisk SD - an 'Extreme SDXC UHS-I' 256GB. I bought it for my wife's digital camera 3 years ago, but she never used it. So I decided to see if it worked - Guiformatted to FAT32, copied over the SD card contents and voila, seems to be working okay. So some SDXC cards seem to work . This gives me a bit more room to work with installs. If only things weren't so slow, but I guess you can't have everything.

It's a fun console. I spent a few hours playing Super Mario 3D that was 'left on' the machine.

Edit 3: Maybe the SDXC isn't behaving. One game failed to install via Nusspli once, I tried again and now it's stuck at 100%. I shutdown and it's there, and playable, although there was a prompt for an update that wasn't in wii u downloader.

Edit 4: I've been getting a lot of stuff from Nusspli. About 1 in 4 will have an issue completing the installation (to where it buzzes, goes green and you can go and install the next). You are forced to power down the machine and upon restarted the game has been installed, works, and is okay to update. Anyone else with this issue please

Last edited by chobochobo,

chobochobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Edit 5: the error with Nusspli getting stuck at 100% seems to be related to the deletion of the install files. You can see that one or two folders remain. It's difficult to test it by choosing not to delete the folders, because you'd have to redownload the complete install and try again with 'not delete'. Maybe I'll see if it makes any difference later.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This application is truly a work of art. Simple with the options you need. I appreciate the fine coding!

Do you plan on writing one for the 3DS shop? That is, if you haven't done so already and I am just not aware of it ;)

Reactions: Xpl0itU

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a shame. I have not followed up on the 3DS shop for a long time and that is sad to hear.

Anyway, back on topic. I have been using your tool to archive the entire USA set and started the process yesterday evening at 6PM. It was running rock solid into around 3AM this morning.

When I woke up this morning there was a message that said "FST data is probably corrupt". I pressed OK on the box and the downloads are resuming again.

What is this? File system transfer data? Should I be concerned about the very last game that was transferred before this message popup?

EDIT: Looking at the download timestamps it looks like it stopped on the "game" C.....which is some kind of dev tool.

Last edited by zektor,

yofhas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@Xpl0itU Hello, excuse me, but I have a question, if I start downloading a game, I pause, I exit the app, and I download the same game again, will it continue where I left it? According to me, no, but here I am, perhaps you wonder why I don't leave it often and now, well, in Venezuela the internet is very, very slow, an 11gb game would be for a week for as little as possible.

ElmoRedneal

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank for for this program! Wow! This is so much better than Wii USB Helper 😍

I tried to get Wii USB Helper working but there's just way too much f*cking around and jumping through hoops. I was never able to get it running to the point where it actually did something useful 🤬🖕

But WiiU Downloader is a different story! It's very easy to use. No f*cking around and jumping through hoops. I was successfully downloading within minutes! 😁👏

The only problems I've run into were stability issues. It seems like it's very easy to crash this program. I found it works best if I'm not doing anything else in the background. Perhaps it's a coincidence, but even turning off an unrelated USB device somehow managed to crash the program 🙄 (When I turned off my Project USB Phono Preamp, WiiU Downloader immediately crashed! 🤬)

Has anybody else experienced these weird crashing issues? 🤔

Reactions: Xpl0itU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto