Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Awesome work man. Congrats!

Edit: I may have found a very small issue. After you choose your region it asks to browse for folder, when you do that, if you want to cancel, it doesn't let you. It forces you to pick a folder. Also, a request to add zip or 7z support as alternatives to the rar archive.

Just used it and this is absolutely fantastic. I love this app. It's incredibly easy to use and it tells you when there is an update for the game you download. So good!!!
Hey thanks for your feedback. Actually you can use a zip archive. But you are gonna have to drop it on the box because I normally recommend people to use rar archives.
But zip should work fine too.

Thanks @Hikari06 for the public release. Installing it now. Could I make one small suggestion though? (I haven't used it yet). Could you please change the name of the setup file to something that makes it stand out what it is? At the moment it is called setup.exe. I will rename it manually for my files but if it was named something obvious to start with that would be better. Congrats on getting the data you needed during testing though.

Yeah sorry about that, thing is now that the link is out there I'm not sure I wanna mess around with the file names. Besides you are only supposed to use it once after that the app will show up in your start menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought that Wii U home brew couldn't get internet access... has that changed?

I think it's still the case, I'm not super knowledgeable about wii u dev though.

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I got an error trying to setup the destination folder over the network. is there any way you can take a look at that issue? my HDD is not big enough and that's my only choice at the moment :(

Thanks for the app, looks awesome!

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I got an error trying to setup the destination folder over the network. is there any way you can take a look at that issue? my HDD is not big enough and that's my only choice at the moment :(

Thanks for the app, looks awesome!

Could you please take a screenshot ?

wikdclown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks neat but everytime i try adding the .rar it crashes, does it if i drag an drop or browse for it. Got the archive from that site and im on win 10 x64 if that helps any.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried this app and it ROCKS!!!!!! Awesome work mate. Really good job! And thank you!

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

bobfat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've just got WIN10 default protection.

I've disabled real time protection, added the SETUP.EXE as an exception, and also disabled the default firewall.

then right clicked setup.exe and "ran as administrator"

same error. - not sure what to try next, this looks so good.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I've just got WIN10 default protection.

I've disabled real time protection, added the SETUP.EXE as an exception, and also disabled the default firewall.

then right clicked setup.exe and "ran as administrator"

same error. - not sure what to try next, this looks so good.
In that case please send me the log file mentioned in your previous post.

bobfat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [InstallMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 10.0.0 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.6.01586'
Setting value '4.6.01586 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.6.01586 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application'.

D

Deleted User

Alright yeah, now that I know how to use the downloads, this app is amazing. Makes downloading SUPER simple.

I have a few suggestions for the next version:
It would be really convenient if when you closed the app, it kept your download queue. Whenever you close it, you have to manually reselect what you want to download.

Maybe this is an issue on my end, buy my computer went into sleep mode and it stopped downloading.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Alright yeah, now that I know how to use the downloads, this app is amazing. Makes downloading SUPER simple.

I have a few suggestions for the next version:
It would be really convenient if when you closed the app, it kept your download queue. Whenever you close it, you have to manually reselect what you want to download.

Maybe this is an issue on my end, buy my computer went into sleep mode and it stopped downloading.

Thank you for your suggestions.
This is not an issue per-se, putting the computer to sleep will indeed stop any download. (But the app should restart automatically)

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by DanTheMan827,

bobfat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
it's now allowing the install.. wierd. Seems it gets the error if on C: and Desktop. But ran from downloads folder it works.

i ran this.. do you think it helped?

rundll32 c:\windows\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
it's now allowing the install.. wierd. Seems it gets the error if on C: and Desktop. But ran from downloads folder it works.

i ran this.. do you think it helped?

rundll32 c:\windows\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

Yes, this could have helped.
Anyway, I'm glad you managed to install it, I hope you'll enjoy using it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1