Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Alright folks, I have to decided to release the app today so that everyone can enjoy using it.
I and my testers have spent some time debugging it, but please understand that I'm no professional programmer and can't always predict every scenario so it is likely you'll still encounter bugs.
Please have a look at the first post of this thread, you'll see everything you have to know.
See you :)

D

Deleted User

I get an Install error code 0xFFFDFFE9 whenever I try to install a game I downloaded through here via WUP Installer mod. Am I missing a step in between downloading and installing or is something else wrong here?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I get an Install error code 0xFFFDFFE9 whenever I try to install a game I downloaded through here via WUP Installer mod. Am I missing a step in between downloading and installing or is something else wrong here?

Thank you for trying the app.
A few questions, are we talking about a legit game or a VC, eShop game ?
Also, are you sure there is enough space left on your wii u?
Did you copy the games manually or did you use the app ?
If so, did you perform an integrity check?

D

Deleted User

Thank you for trying the app.
A few questions, are we talking about a legit game or a VC, eShop game ?
Also, are you sure there is enough space left on your wii u?
Did you copy the games manually or did you use the app ?
If so, did you perform an integrity check?
Never mind, it worked when I installed it on sysnand? I thought you were supposed to install to rednand, whats the point of it lol

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Never mind, it worked when I installed it on sysnand? I thought you were supposed to install to rednand, whats the point of it lol

This application supports both legit and not legit titles.
Legit titles are genuine tickets and will install without any problems on systems withtout sigpatch. (That is sysnand, but you can install them in the internal memory as well as a usb drive)
Other titles such as VC games, eShop only games and DLC require forged ticket because the originals are linked to a specific system. That's when redNand comes in, with sigpatches, and allows you to install games with modified tickets.
Anyway, under no cicrumstances should you install a game marked as "REDNAND ONLY" in the app on your sysnand.

D

Deleted User

This application supports both legit and not legit titles.
Legit titles are genuine tickets and will install without any problems on systems withtout sigpatch. (That is sysnand, but you can install them in the internal memory as well as a usb drive)
Other titles such as VC games, eShop only games and DLC require forged ticket because the originals are linked to a specific system. That's when redNand comes in, with sigpatches, and allows you to install games with modified tickets.
Anyway, under no cicrumstances should you install a game marked as "REDNAND ONLY" in the app on your sysnand.
Got it! The info on what exactly all of this backup stuff is and how to use it has been extremely scarce so Ive been blindly using all of this stuff lol

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work man. Congrats!

Edit: I may have found a very small issue. After you choose your region it asks to browse for folder, when you do that, if you want to cancel, it doesn't let you. It forces you to pick a folder. Also, a request to add zip or 7z support as alternatives to the rar archive.

Just used it and this is absolutely fantastic. I love this app. It's incredibly easy to use and it tells you when there is an update for the game you download. So good!!!

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would prefer a fork of wup installer that installs game over network which saves time
Isn't the bottle neck placed squarely on the Wii U Wifi module? At best you would be getting 8Mb per seconds, and at that speed would take ages to upload to the Wii U. You would be better off to place the game on the SD card and install from there.

Last edited by RandomUser,

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the bottle neck placed squarely on the Wii U Wifi module? At best you would be getting 8Mb per seconds, and at that speed would take ages to upload to the Wii U. You would be better off to place the game on the SD card and install from there.
I thought that Wii U home brew couldn't get internet access... has that changed?

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks @Hikari06 for the public release. Installing it now. Could I make one small suggestion though? (I haven't used it yet). Could you please change the name of the setup file to something that makes it stand out what it is? At the moment it is called setup.exe. I will rename it manually for my files but if it was named something obvious to start with that would be better. Congrats on getting the data you needed during testing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.