Homebrew [RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER*

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you could you please visit my question involving MMDM and Wii-DOOM, that would mean a lot. You can find it within my profile. Thanks. It has to do with Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch.

Last edited by PacDan16,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you could you please visit my question involving MMDM and Wii-DOOM, that would mean a lot. You can find it within my profile. Thanks. It has to do with Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch.

The Megaman TC is not meant for the source ports that this is make from. You'll need something like zDOOM or gzDOOM on a PC to run it proper.

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I know this isn't updated anymore, but in its options, is there a way to set the game to 240p? I know DOOM is only 320x200@35, but this port had many things done to it to look more like a proper console port, like framerate (can reach up to 60FPS) and controls (although I much rather play using the GC controller).

After acquiring a CRT PC monitor and playing Chocolate DOOM on PC, I can see how beautiful the game looks as it was originally intended. But since this is a more "recent" monitor (2006) I was forced to set a 144hz refresh rate to play at 320x200, because this is 31khz only, and I would need a 15khz monitor to play at the intended 320x200@75hz. Here's the results:
Since this is a PC monitor, I can safely set such a low resolution/line count without issues. It is "stretched" to 4:3, so it's the correct aspect ratio as well. It's truly amazing playing the game like this. I never played DOOM when it came out originally, but I would imagine someone having "nostalgiagasms" looking at this (I don't know if that's really what it was supposed to look like though XD).

I see that the Wii port doesn't stretch the image, maintaining its pixel count so it doesn't need filtering/interpolation, but the aspect ratio becomes weird that way. The game is playable though, but on a CRT TV it's just not right to play DOOM at 480i. All the other console "true" DOOM ports (as in not counting the modern ports which might be using emulation) managed 240p somehow, even the SNES port, with it's windowed mode of sorts XD. It would be great to see this port do the same.
HI, I feel your pain,man!

For some pain relieve you could use prboom om Retroarch, it has support for Scanlines ( somewhat )

gjk-23__

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing a third party pro controller doesn't work for this because the analog sticks don't work to move and strafe but everything else works. Official Pro controllers are hard to come by these days.

rayabusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hexen is the only game that doesnt work for me, tried WADS from all places, 1.0, 1.1, no clue... only black screen after my wii front led tuns blue for a while. Do you guys have any idea?

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will take a look at this...

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
BTW, that message came from myself. I just bought another Wii. Will take a look into that HEXEN problem very soon.

I would appreciate a Wii DevKit too (NDEV RVT-001). But the last one was sold on eBay...

Last edited by nitr8,

boomerang42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, it's great to see you're back. I was wondering if you were planning to write build instructions sometime? I wanted to make a version a long time ago that would let you map strafe to shoulders R/L or ZR/ZL, and turning + forward/backward to left analog. That's the way I grew up playing Doom games on console (both SNES Doom and Doom 64 controlled that way). I find any other control scheme for playing Doom on a controller to just feel wrong no matter how much I try.

Probably a couple years ago now I thought I might know how I could make that change if I could get it to build in the first place. I thought it would be simpler than trying to bug you when you were super busy with a new kid. But I realized at the time that I had no idea what version of what dependencies were needed. I never succeed in getting it to build back then, so I couldn't even test if what I thought I could do to get that control scheme in would work or not.

I don't suppose there's any chance you would be willing to put in a way of binding the controls that way? For some years now I've wanted to play that way and I would be so grateful if you were.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Amazing things may happen here soon.

You just wait...
8b4b0371d48b12d1406db00f95713d16.jpg

Last edited by nitr8,

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's no joke or anything else like that. I got hold of such a device and it's on the way to me since this morning.

Now I'm waiting for it's arrival.

I will see what I can do with it.

The thing is: it's complete with all the accessories. If you are interested in the price: it costs me about 670 Euros (no taxes included). I still have to pay custom fees. So after all, it will be about ~900 euros.

Last edited by nitr8,

gjk-23__

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitr8 Don't know if you could do this but could you make a version of Wolfenstein 3D for the Wii? I know there is one already available but it's unfinished. If doesn't have music or some other sounds, it doesn't support classic controller, the wiimote with nun chuck controls are bad. It looks like the creator of that is done and hasn't updated it in 3 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: