Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can now downgrade TWL_FIRM to the oldest available version. Which is the one from v2.0 as far as I am aware. You just uninstall TWL_FIRM using FBI and then install an older version.

v1.0 DS Cart White list can be downloaded by using 3DSNUS.

But not all system titles can have their initial version downlaoded. TWL_FIRM being one of them as v2.0 firmware (aka "Initial Scan") are the oldest available versions on the CDN.

So unfortunately, if we want to downgrade TWL_FIRM to v0 (or the initial version that came with the v1.0 launch consoles) some one has to find and nand mod a v1.0 console. Backup that 1.0 NAND, then update it 4.5-9.2 and use 1.0 as emunand. Assuming 1.0 will even boot as emunand, one would then have to decrypt it and find a way of dumping the system titles. Not sure if TWL can be dumped in the same way as other system titles, but it's worth a shot and could still be done even if v1.0 is not bootable as emunand. You only have to dump it and generate a xorpad for it after you have updated it to a firmware that can be exploited. Then you can decrypt and dump the installed system titles using the xorpad as the fat16 xorpad works on all versions of NAND dumps for that console.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yes you can now downgrade TWL_FIRM to the oldest available version. Which is the one from v2.0 as far as I am aware. You just uninstall TWL_FIRM using FBI and then install an older version.

v1.0 DS Cart White list can be downloaded by using 3DSNUS.

But not all system titles can have their initial version downlaoded. TWL_FIRM being one of them as v2.0 firmware (aka "Initial Scan") are the oldest available versions on the CDN.

So unfortunately, if we want to downgrade TWL_FIRM to v0 (or the initial version that came with the v1.0 launch consoles) some one has to find and nand mod a v1.0 console. Backup that 1.0 NAND, then update it 4.5-9.2 and use 1.0 as emunand. Assuming 1.0 will even boot as emunand, one would then have to decrypt it and find a way of dumping the system titles. Not sure if TWL can be dumped in the same way as other system titles, but it's worth a shot and could still be done even if v1.0 is not bootable as emunand. You only have to dump it and generate a xorpad for it after you have updated it to a firmware that can be exploited. Then you can decrypt and dump the installed system titles using the xorpad as the fat16 xorpad works on all versions of NAND dumps for that console.
according to 3Dbrew TWL_FIRM for 1.0.0 was v432 which is downloadable via 3DNUS

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah n3DS's use their own n3ds unique TWL_FIRM, so you could only really downgrade TWL_FIRM on o3ds's

basically downgraded/broken whitelist + 1.0 TWL_FIRM on the 3DS would mean pretty much every NDS flashcard that has ever worked on the 3DS would be usable

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice work :)
Can someone confirm it can be installed on a n3ds sysnand using FBI.3dsx ? (without gateway or emunand)

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if downgrade to 4.5 (9.0)
and install this will my wife be able to take the blue card out of her dsi and the sd card put them in my 3ds and she can play her games on my 3ds when im at work

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if downgrade to 4.5 (9.0)
and install this will my wife be able to take the blue card out of her dsi and the sd card put them in my 3ds and she can play her games on my 3ds when im at work

if you just install this the blue card will work on 9.x, no downgrading to 4.x needed

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
use a different SD card that you havent every used to set up emunand, copy the launcher.dat and the flashcardtimewarp.cia file, boot up GW mode and install via Big blue munu/dev menu etc, remove the new SD and restore your SD card with emunand setup, the blue card will now work while in sysnand NDS mode doesnt work in GW mode/ Emunand

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i knew it didnt work gw/classic thats why i asked

imusing a 32gb card so just use any sd card and when i want to use my gateway just put my 32gb back in?

will my wifes dsi sd card work (saves games etc) just by putting it in my 3ds after i do this

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you only need the second SD once to install the cia file to sysnand, you can then just always use your normal one with emunand set up once its installed

cynique

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
A little out of my league. Thanks for the link though. O.o

I put the files I used on a server, hopefully this makes it simpler.
It is still recommended of course to make a backup of your 8.1 sysnand first with gateway's launcher, and to enter and exit recovery mode to clear any pending updates.

1. Boot your 3DS into NTR CFW 2.0 and connect the debugger
  2. Use listprocess() to get the PID for “nim”. On 8.1.0-0J, it should be 0x25.
  3. Enter commands below into NTR debugger while connected.
  4. Go into system settings, and perform an update (do NOT exit system settings as you will lose your patches and will have to perform them again after restarting).
  5. Once the update is done, you will be prompted to restart, however because you are in NTR mode, the screen will just go black. You need to hold the power button and manually restart.

connect("your 3ds ip", 8000)
write(0x15E424, tuple(map(ord, "http://jp81to92update.tk/\0")), pid=0x25)
write(0x15E0EC, tuple(map(ord, "http://jp81to92update.tk/\0")), pid=0x25)
write(0x15E463, tuple(map(ord, "http://jp81to92update.tk/\0")), pid=0x25)

Try this one.Its too easy :yaynds: i can help if you have any questions about it

Reactions: Kioku and Ronhero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/xTMahZFtzeg?si=XLWqteD42-g6dts9