ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think they can work as they use the HD mode of Snes and, as for now, no other "HD" game has been released by Nintendo. They work with Retroarch thought

I found a rom/cia of seiken densetsu 3 on that iso site that works on my N3DS xl with no problem (yet ?)

jommyjomjom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here successfully injected the fan translated Fire Emblem thracia 776? I'd prefer to do it this way because there is a working one on a certain iso site but when i inject my own it doesn't work.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Great tool, thanks.

Quick related question, is there anyway to edit a CIA once it is compiled or is the only way to make an edit to graphics/text to start from scratch?

Reactions: CatmanFan

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asdolo's GBA VC injector has the ability to remake a VC inject CIA, and even the ability to add IPS patches in the process, but sadly the SNES injector is in an earlier state. I hope those features get added to the injector soon (it would make at least one inject involving multiple IPS patches a lot easier for me), but Asdolo is busy right now, I think.

Reactions: Audioboxer

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great tool, thanks.

Quick related question, is there anyway to edit a CIA once it is compiled or is the only way to make an edit to graphics/text to start from scratch?
You can reuse a banner/icon you're already satisfied with, which can be extracted from your favorite title's exefs

JackTerumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to convert kirby super star to vc but i get "Rom have an unsupported special chip" its a .sfc also .smc doesn't appear as a compatable format when it should

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to convert kirby super star to vc but i get "Rom have an unsupported special chip" its a .sfc also .smc doesn't appear as a compatable format when it should

The file format thing is a known bug that'll be fixed whenever the OP has time to release a new version.

As for the special chip error, that's because Nintendo's built-in SNES emulator doesn't support games, like Kirby Super Star, that used special chips. This won't ever change unless Nintendo releases such a game as 3DS virtual console. Instead, look for the SNES Forwarder Maker, which was made by the same guy that made this fine injector. It LOOKS like virtual console, but it runs on an emulator behind the scenes in an attempt to boost compatibility.

JackTerumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file format thing is a known bug that'll be fixed whenever the OP has time to release a new version.

As for the special chip error, that's because Nintendo's built-in SNES emulator doesn't support games, like Kirby Super Star, that used special chips. This won't ever change unless Nintendo releases such a game as 3DS virtual console. Instead, look for the SNES Forwarder Maker, which was made by the same guy that made this fine injector. It LOOKS like virtual console, but it runs on an emulator behind the scenes in an attempt to boost compatibility.

welp rip kirby super star and games such

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: JackTerumi

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for this OP. Am new to the 3DS hacking scene, and this is a very helpful tool. Combined with the GBA Injector it makes the New3DS the ultimate 16-bit handheld.

Do have a question, I tried injecting Super Mario Allstars EU, but it gave me the same problem as some of the people experienced with Terranigma; the region message (the USA version and some other EU games run fine though). Really want to solve it, as some games I'll likely want to play the EU version specifically.

Reactions: CatmanFan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Balls