ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SylveonPlays3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ekam3284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i once earlier asked about how to extract saves by using agbsave9 or decrypt9 but nothing has worked out i have followed all steps yet there is a save in the files 9 folder but is not of the save oft game i want

i am trying to extrack pokemon fire red save wich is not opening in pkhex

Camsterocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Thanks for using my tool.

I did this steps and now I have perfectly working FR/LG, R/S/E (all of them) with sleep patch included (that's optional). The only "annoying" thing is that FR/LG have the "The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be load" message after the main screen, but the game saves and loads just right (I mean, the message appears, but the save file works):

1. Grab the untouched roms and follow this guide.
2. Grab the patched roms created at step 1 and put them on my injector. My injector will say that the roms are not in the database, because we have modified them at step 1. Attention: when injecting R/S/E, CHECK RTC option at step 1.
3. Fill all the steps. Game name, publisher, create the icon and banner that you want.
4. In step 4 of the injector, generate a random Product code and a random Title ID. Make sure the Title ID don't match with an eshop one (use 3dsdb to do that). Set Ghosting Adjustment to 0xFF (None), Color Config to Original (no dark filter) and check Sleep patch (if you want. this is optional).
5. Export the CIAs and install them. They should work as mines does.
I got it to save which was amazing! But when I loaded it up it said save file deleted...

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
actually deleted
Im doing a second test right now

Update: Same thing
Hmm... I don't seem to be having the problem... Are you using a ROM that was modified in some way before?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Anyone has working pokemon .cia for download? :) thank you

sorry for my bad english
That ISO site.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it possible to map buttons to, well, buttons? like, X is mapped to Start and such?
Why? The buttons CANNOT be mapped without some sort of ROM patch to map the ROM's set controls. Otherwise, they're like on the original GBA.

Trophies
Country
Canada
I did this steps and now I have perfectly working FR/LG, R/S/E (all of them) with sleep patch included. The only "annoying" thing is that FR/LG have the "The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be load" message after the main screen, but the game saves and loads just right (I mean, the message appears, but the save file work):

1. Grab all your roms and follow this guide.
2. Grab the patched roms created at step 1 and put them on my injector. My injector will say that the roms are not in the database, because we have modified them at step 1. Attention: when injecting R/S/E, CHECK RTC option at step 1.
3. Fill all the steps. Game name, publisher, create the icon and banner that you want.
4. In step 4 of the injector, generate a random Product code and a random Title ID. Make sure the Title ID don't match with an eshop one (use 3dsdb to do that). Set Ghosting Adjustment to 0xFF (None), Color Config to Original (no dark filter) and check Sleep patch.
5. Export the CIAs and install them. They should work as mines does.

About the boot time, idk how it's done, but I heard the 3DS copy the rom to an internal partition every time you boot the CIA, but I guess it don't copy it if the game it's already there (aka, the last one gba game played).
I did all the steps you told me to do, but I just keep getting a white screen.

In the GBA to VC Injector, Step 1 Rom Size is checked at 16MB (128mbit) and the Save Type is FLASH (512kbit) with RTC checked too
Step 2 and 3 is pretty much straight forward, but in step 4 the following things are checked
Product Code and Title ID codes does not show any results in 3dsdb
Ghosting Adjustment 0xFF (None) is checked
Color Config Original (no dark filter) is checked
Sleep patch is checked and I clicked finished
However, I always seem to be getting a white screen after the GBA splash screen
Then I did everything again, editing the HEX and checking the things you told me a while back. But I checked SRAM, FRAM (128kbit) in step 1 and checked SRAM patch and left it to apply 1 time(s).
That seemed to worked, but I got the message "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will not occur."

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-1_20-19-44.png
    upload_2017-4-1_20-19-44.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by OfficialBrony,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting "the decryption key provided is invalid" whenever I try to download this. Is this a problem only I'm having, or are the links somehow invalid now?

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I tried again using Chrome instead of Firefox and it worked. Probably something with my Adblock or NoScript settings that I'm too lazy to fix.

havefeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a reason why Golden Sun 2- the Lost Age isn't showing up in the database? Is it because I added a "2" to my file name? if it is, that should be fixed, so that it ignores file names, and instead just reads the game's regional identifier code. The one that has 4 characters at the end that identifies the game to stuff like Gamesharks. Am I making sense with that last sentence?

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a reason why Golden Sun 2- the Lost Age isn't showing up in the database? Is it because I added a "2" to my file name? if it is, that should be fixed, so that it ignores file names, and instead just reads the game's regional identifier code. The one that has 4 characters at the end that identifies the game to stuff like Gamesharks. Am I making sense with that last sentence?

The games aren't recognized by their file names. They're recognized by a checksum of the file. Then, the hash code is searched on a local database. Try getting another dump of your ROM. USA versions has priority over EUR versions.

Trophies
Country
Canada
The games aren't recognized by their file names. They're recognized by a checksum of the file. Then, the hash code is searched on a local database. Try getting another dump of your ROM. USA versions has priority over EUR versions.
Any reason why I get a white screen for emerald when I followed your steps a while back?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small