[Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asdolo, Aug 15, 2016.

?

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2016.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    82.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. I don't care!

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. MikeKlump

MikeKlump Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    Yeah that hex editor stuff is definitely out of my ability level lol thanks anyways

zeldaism likes this.

2. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    You can find already patched pokemon GBA cias at that iso site.

3. MikeKlump

MikeKlump Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    thanks

angelhp and zeldaism like this.
  4. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    You're welcome.

5. morrissey2k7

morrissey2k7 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    United States
    This works amazingly well. I only had issues with Mario Pinball Land, Super Mario Advance (and Advance 4), but once I remade the .cias with SRAM patch, they worked great. Any game that needs SRAM patching will indicate it by showing some variation of "your save is corrupt" at boot (if unpatched), correct?

Anyway, the real reason I posted: I installed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and it triggers the "an update is available for this title" notice when I run it. I'm obviously not going to try to update it, but I just think it's funny. :D

6. ICEknigh7

ICEknigh7 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2017
    I've dumped my Ambassador GBA titles with Hourglass9 and I'm getting an "Invalid or corrupted cia file" error when trying to open them, even though they're correct and unencrypted.

Is this a known bug?

7. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Just wondering, would it be possible to be able to inject GB/GBC games into the GBA virtual console? I know it's pretty much useless considering that there's already GB/GBC injectors for their original VCs but would they be able to work like on a GBA if they were injected? I'm sure somebody has asked this before but there's 30 entire pages.

8. ElitePowerGamer

ElitePowerGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Canada
    I doubt it, unlike the other VCs, the GBA Virtual Console is actually using real GBA hardware, so it's not even an emulation. This is also why there's no features like savestates for the GBA VC.

9. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    That's exactly the point, it's using the actual hardware (well, sorta, it's using the arm9 instead of the arm7 like the GBA and DS). An actual GBA is able to run GB/GBC/SGB games with the GBC palettes.

10. Effef

Effef Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    Italy
    There are only 4 games which are GBA-enhanced: Shantae, the Oracles and the Wendy Witch game. An user (whose name I don't remember, sorry!) posted a patch in the GBC Injector thread to force the GBA mode when those games are played on a GBC emulator.

11. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    What about the GBC? The GBC is able to play the games in color due to it automatically assigning a palette, and although not all are that great, some are fantastic like Metroid II and others with special ones.

12. Ekam3284

Ekam3284 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2016
    India
    Cannot extract save from pokemon fire red
    Using jksm

13. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    holy crap this is so simple. thx for this

14. Mandala

Mandala Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    United States
    Hello! I'm currently attempting to use your program to make Pokemon Clover, a rising Pokemon ROMhack, into a cia. However, I'm having issue with the save type. The required save type is 128k Flash, and the only relevant types of saves on this program appear to be 128K SRAM and 512K Flash, neither of which work on it. Is there any way to change the save type to 128k flash? Will there be a way implemented in the future, if not? This affects all ROMhacks, not just this one.

15. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    you gotta use either AGBSAVE9 or decrypt 9

16. GeneraLight

GeneraLight GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    Can I extract a GB/GBC/GBA save from my 3DS and use it on a GBC/GBA Everdrive for my GBA SP?

17. ElitePowerGamer

ElitePowerGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Canada
    That just extracts a 64KB save file though, emulators or save editors can't even read the file.

18. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    pkhex can read it
    if you want to use it on another emulator you can convert it

19. KillaJosh

KillaJosh Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I'm having issues with Ultimate GBA injection. Every time I try to complete a cia file I get an error message for "Unhanded exception has occurred in your application."and it states further that the process cannot access the file "C:\users\AppData\Local\Temp\ file number\ 3dstool.exe" is being used by another process. any thoughts?

20. Gameboyandwatch

Gameboyandwatch GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    Where can I get that theme yo