[Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asdolo, Aug 15, 2016.

?

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2016.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    82.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. I don't care!

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. Prime321

Prime321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Germany
    All of my games (gta, pokemon, etc) wont save...

2. seseiSeki

seseiSeki Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Saving is a huge problem with AGB_Firm. (The part of the 3DS' OS that is responsible for playing GBA games) It does not support every GBA save type. However, there is an easy fix for the Pokémon games. You should be able to find it by searching for something like: "Pokémon 3DS VC Save Fix".

3. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    After several months edrift released mgba Version 0.6.0. This release is a major update from the previous Version. This could be interesting for those who would like to play their Pokemon Hacks on the 3DS.

4. Kingsbury8

Kingsbury8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    United States
    Edit: Got fire red work work (sort of), the intro cycles, and when I click start, it cycles again and freezes.
    I am using an ips patch, could that be the problem?

Last edited by Kingsbury8, Jul 21, 2017
  5. enderer

enderer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    i'm trying to run the e-reader on o3ds with virtual console. i've gotten it to boot successfully using SRAM patch. i can't figure out how to convert my 128k .sav of the e-reader game to a 32k .bin that i can inject into vc. can anyone help me?

Edit: i found the .sav trimmer and trimmed the file to 32k, but all remaining values are FF

Last edited by enderer, Jul 23, 2017
  6. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Just out of curiosity, which e-reader game were you trying to run?

7. enderer

enderer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    i'm trying to get my o3ds to run the e-reader games for mario party-e. its a huge pain scanning the photo paper dot codes every minute or two and they don't always work. i thought it'd be easier to have them on my 3ds, which would already be in my pocket. i have it running on mgba on my n3ds, barely, with save states i made in mgba on my raspberry pi. i feel like it's possible, without save states, but i could be wrong.

8. ubergeek77

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    I'm running into a few problems with this tool, hopefully someone can help:
    1. The color of the 3D logo texture is significantly darker than the color selected in "Change frame color." Is there a reason for this? I can choose a brighter color to make it look somewhat like the official banner, but it's impossible to get exactly the color I want.
    2. When either choosing my own footer/COMMON2 image, or generating one with this tool, it shows up with weird grey pixels around the edges. Maybe there's a problem with how this is handling transparency? I can't seem to get it to look right. When compared side-by-side to an official GBA VC title, the official one looks a lot cleaner and smoother around the edges. Is there a workaround for this?
    Thanks!

9. Asdolo
    OP

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    All that issues will be fixed in my New Super Ultimate Injector.

BADDINOROX99 and GeneraLight like this.
  10. ubergeek77

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Ah, I see. That's good news, but unfortunate, as I was really hoping to handle all my injects today on my off day. It sounds like the new tool is a little ways off.

Thanks anyway! I don't suppose you're looking for some beta testers, are you? I have a lot of injects to process and I could really put your tool to the test ^_^

11. Asdolo
    OP

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    I am, but right now it just supports NES, SNES and GB injection/forwarding. I'm heavily currently working on the application interface and functionality.

BADDINOROX99, GeneraLight and Cralex like this.
  12. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    I don't get it, i saw at the compatibility list that Super monkey ball or NFS underground worked perfectly but none of these weren't able to save the game, i converted the games with the Ultimate gba vc injector

13. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Saving works for me. Did you select sram patch for both games on step 1 and step 4?

Last edited by Dodain47, Jul 26, 2017
  14. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    :wtf: What?, i didn't know that it was necessary to force the save format

15. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Well, only if you want to sram patch a game. If you want to patch EEPROM, Flash or none you mustn´t select sram patching on step 4.

16. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    I'm kinda don't get the Save formats, Which one should i choose to make the games fully workable? (saving system enabled)

17. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    On Step 1 select SRAM, FRAM (128 Kbit). On Step 4 select SRAM patch: Apply 1 time(s). Then click Finish.

18. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    I see, Thanks :D , Another question, Does Top Gear Rally work?

19. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I haven´t tested Top Gear Rally yet. But you could try it out yourself. Setting up Games is pretty easy.:)

20. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    Sorry for the late response, my card reader got damaged and i had to disconnect it (Check USB controller problem for more details) leaving me without methods to transfer the CIA files.

Add this to the compatibility list because TG Rally works perfect! This is truly a Ultimate GBA VC Injector! =D

Dodain47 likes this.