Status
Not open for further replies.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I am confused then. Technically shuffle and the latest smash update is from eshop. I don't get what you mean by it will require emunand.

Unless you mean accessing eshop?

... ... ... ... ...Something using eShop keys will need emuNAND.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Go to the e-shop don't fix this problem ? Like for smash bros. ?
It fixes the problem... if you have 9.6+ emuNAND.
Please explain what cryptofixed is in the most simple term possible!
A cryptofixed game is a decrypted game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am confused then. Technically shuffle and the latest smash update is from eshop. I don't get what you mean by it will require emunand.

Unless you mean accessing eshop?
Everything released on eShop after 9.6 release is encrypted with eShop keys and will need either a cryptofix or 9.6+ emuNAND with an eShop page visit.

Reactions: Madridi and tivu100

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everything released on eShop after 9.6 release is encrypted with eShop keys and will need either a cryptofix or 9.6+ emuNAND with an eShop page visit.
So smash bros. on 9.2 sysnand and updated it with free multi patcher & e-shop will not work ?
If I don't make a mistake, I was able to play it on sysnand and with the dlc(s)...

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So smash bros. on 9.2 sysnand and updated it with free multi patcher & e-shop will not work ?
If I don't make a mistake, I was able to play it on sysnand and with the dlc(s)...
You had 9.6+ firmlaunch, right?
I fix : it's 9.6+ firmlaunch, not emuNAND.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It fixes the problem... if you have 9.6+ emuNAND.

A cryptofixed game is a decrypted game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So let's take the latest smash update. Just got released and doesn't work on 9.2

Can't I simply spoof it to access shop and download it, then use rxmode sysnand to get it to work?

Not sure where emunand comes in play

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So let's take the latest smash update. Just got released and doesn't work on 9.2

Can't I simply spoof it to access shop and download it, then use rxmode sysnand to get it to work?

Not sure where emunand comes in play
Read my previous post. I forgot that FS module is part of FIRM.

Reactions: Madridi

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with rxTools 3.0 alpha or newer beta build, we have 9.6+ firmlaunch-ready or we have to update the firmlaunch (if so, how to update)?

Last edited by tivu100,

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got an OG3DSXL on 4.2 (downgraded with gateway way back when) and I'm trying to inject FBI to the SysNAND, it says my version is 2051, placed the .app and .tmd files and even the FBI.cia on my SD card and ran it and it says it worked, but when I run the H&S app it loads normally.

Running 3 beta 8 rxTools. I also checked this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ect-generator-jpn-usa-eur-chn-kor-twn.391525/ and I don't have any folders on my SD card that match "title\000400010\00021300\content". no 000400010 to be found.

Any ideas? No idea what to do here. All I really want to be able to do right now is to switch MSETs on the fly to dual boot Gateway and rxTools, but also be able to play AGB_FIRM titles in the future. I feel like I must be missing a step...

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an OG3DSXL on 4.2 (downgraded with gateway way back when) and I'm trying to inject FBI to the SysNAND, it says my version is 2051, placed the .app and .tmd files and even the FBI.cia on my SD card and ran it and it says it worked, but when I run the H&S app it loads normally.

Running 3 beta 8 rxTools. I also checked this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ect-generator-jpn-usa-eur-chn-kor-twn.391525/ and I don't have any folders on my SD card that match "title\000400010\00021300\content". no 000400010 to be found.

Any ideas? No idea what to do here. All I really want to be able to do right now is to switch MSETs on the fly to dual boot Gateway and rxTools, but also be able to play AGB_FIRM titles in the future. I feel like I must be missing a step...
If you want to stay at 4.2, you should wait for others to help you with injecting FBI.

If you may want to use devmenu_2.0 as alternative or update to 9.2 (require devmenu_2.0 to install syupdater and update), you can install PBT: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pasta-cfw-without-cubic-ninja-mset-4-x-old3ds.389498/ (download the package from the second video description on Youtube. The packaged linked on the thread does not work for me)

Here is the process to update https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

Reactions: pakrett

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injection doesn't work on 4.2 from my experience. Everything worked on 9.2 when I upgraded though.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

If you have a Gateway why did you not use FBI.3ds to install FBI.cia ???

Reactions: tivu100

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a Gateway why did you not use FBI.3ds to install FBI.cia ???

Cool, if that works? I assume just boot gateway sysnand mode, then select to load fbi, then in fbi install fbi.cia (destination SD or nand)?

Sorry for clarification, just was always told to be very cautious with SysNAND

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cool, if that works? I assume just boot gateway sysnand mode, then select to load fbi, then in fbi install fbi.cia (destination SD or nand)?

Sorry for clarification, just was always told to be very cautious with SysNAND
Yes, it will works like a charm, destination --> SD

Last edited by pakrett,

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it will works like a charm, destination --> SD

Awesome- last thing, would using that ropCustom MSET thing be a better solution for me (I can't seem to find much about it but it sounds like it would let me load both Launcher.dat and rxTools.dat)? Or do I need FBI on SysNAND anyways in order to play AGB_FIRM games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: exactly my point