Homebrew [RELEASE]Nitro Screen - Facilitating screen capture with NTR CFW

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I see. Same happens with doing the commands manually in the NTRClient?
I hadn't tested until just now, but yes, NTRViewer has the same issue, so it's not something for @jlangford to concern himself with. Yeah, I have actually been using it just for playing, which works fine for top screen-focussed games, but the handful of touchscreen games I have aren't so fortunate. Oh well. Until or unless somebody can reimplement the functionality of NTRViewer, your suggestion is probably the only workable one, thanks.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I hadn't tested until just now, but yes, NTRViewer has the same issue, so it's not something for @jlangford to concern himself with. Yeah, I have actually been using it just for playing, which works fine for top screen-focussed games, but the handful of touchscreen games I have aren't so fortunate. Oh well. Until or unless somebody can reimplement the functionality of NTRViewer, your suggestion is probably the only workable one, thanks.
Try what I said, then when you have a nice layout in OBS, right click the window and do Projector > Choose the monitor you want. Should be alright.

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have any control over the actual NTR Viewer client past what parameters I can launch it with. I could add a "feature" to the application that prevents the bottom scale from being larger than the top, but it's a small non-issue as far as Nitro Stream is concerned. Hopefully when I get around to hosting the window I can control it a bit more. We'll see.

Also I'll fix that typo in the OP. It was late last night and I typed on my phone ;)

3DSNoob101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This probably isn't the right thread to ask but does anyone know if there's a way to change the remoteplay settings without having to reboot the 3ds?

DJT1M/T1MLPD3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HI all, I posted a quick hack of NTR debugger last night here and it motivated me to do something a bit more ambitious.

Big thanks to Cell99 for NTRDebugger & @NekoMichi for the awesome tutorial on setting up NTRDebugger

This is basically copied and pasted from the github page: https://github.com/JakeHL/NitroStream

This is for n3ds only! This is a limitation of NTR and the n3ds hardware

Nitro Stream
Allows the user to easily initiate a connection to NTRViewer for NTR CFW on the Nintendo 3DS
Built on the NTR Debugger by Cell99 - https://github.com/44670/NTRClient

o0WLaG6g.png

Download
https://github.com/JakeHL/NitroStream/releases/

Dependencies
You'll need NTRViewer which can be found in the starter pack here:
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

Usage
To use, either place the executable in the same directory as NTViewer.exe or set it's location before connecting in the options menu of the application.

Changelog
2016 - 08 - 02
Added memory patch button to fix when some games prevent streaming. This fix can potentially disable networking in some games, so use wisely.
To fix games that prevent streaming & networking is needed, try connecting to the internet through that game's features.

Fixed some issues with relaunching NTRViewer once a connection had been established.

License
GPLV2

TODO
Host the NTRviewer window within the program to
  • Allow us to manipulate the window a bit more than we can by default
  • Let us manage the amount of instances of NTRViewer
Whatever anyone else requests -> String.Format(jlangford{0}outlook{1}com, "@", ".") ;)
lel, what a virus...

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Next time if you let me know that some av's raise an alert I can warn people of the false positive.

I have been thinking about it, but I'd have to host the project somewhere. Maybe I could fetch from github.
Or mabey a direct link to the latest build

gabom88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please. Can somebody help me with this issue?
When I presse the buttom connect this happens:

13882624_1577274849235338_721521202530482959_n.jpg

Error WSACancelBlockingCall

I already tried the next points:
- I have the correct IP number
- initializing the debuuger
- execute with admin privileges
- and of course over "NTR menu" activating the debugger option

but this dosnt work :(

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That log suggests everything has worked. Does your 3DS screen flash some colours a few seconds after remoteplay initiated?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
HI all, I posted a quick hack of NTR debugger last night here and it motivated me to do something a bit more ambitious.

Big thanks to Cell99 for NTRDebugger & @NekoMichi for the awesome tutorial on setting up NTRDebugger

This is basically copied and pasted from the github page: https://github.com/JakeHL/NitroStream

This is for n3ds only! This is a limitation of NTR and the n3ds hardware

Nitro Stream
Allows the user to easily initiate a connection to NTRViewer for NTR CFW on the Nintendo 3DS
Built on the NTR Debugger by Cell99 - https://github.com/44670/NTRClient

o0WLaG6g.png

Download
https://github.com/JakeHL/NitroStream/releases/

Dependencies
You'll need NTRViewer which can be found in the starter pack here:
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

Usage
To use, either place the executable in the same directory as NTViewer.exe or set it's location before connecting in the options menu of the application.

Changelog
2016 - 08 - 02
Added memory patch button to fix when some games prevent streaming. This fix can potentially disable networking in some games, so use wisely.
To fix games that prevent streaming & networking is needed, try connecting to the internet through that game's features.

Fixed some issues with relaunching NTRViewer once a connection had been established.

License
GPLV2

TODO
Host the NTRviewer window within the program to
  • Allow us to manipulate the window a bit more than we can by default
  • Let us manage the amount of instances of NTRViewer
Whatever anyone else requests -> String.Format(jlangford{0}outlook{1}com, "@", ".") ;)
Been out of the loop for a while, it's great to return and see something as brilliant as this. May I include this into the tutorial so that more people can streamline their setups with Nitro Stream?

kamekaz3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason, the top screen doesn't work using nitro stream. It's just a black screen. Bottom screen works fine though. If I use the debugger, everything works fine. I think I'm setting the values wrong for priority mode but I can't seem to set it to top screen priority.

Edit: when I set priority factor to 0, top screen doesn't work. When it's set to 1, it does.
The problem is priority mode is on, and when Priority mode is set on with priority factor is 0, only top screen should be visible. Only my bottom screen works with priority factor 0, and when it's set to 1, both screen is on.

How do I set which screen priority mode would be on for? It only has the options true and false.

Last edited by kamekaz3,

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been out of the loop for a while, it's great to return and see something as brilliant as this. May I include this into the tutorial so that more people can streamline their setups with Nitro Stream?
It would be my honour! ;) thanks!

for some reason, the top screen doesn't work using nitro stream. It's just a black screen. Bottom screen works fine though. If I use the debugger, everything works fine. I think I'm setting the values wrong for priority mode but I can't seem to set it to top screen priority.

Edit: when I set priority factor to 0, top screen doesn't work. When it's set to 1, it does.
The problem is priority mode is on, and when Priority mode is set on with priority factor is 0, only top screen should be visible. Only my bottom screen works with priority factor 0, and when it's set to 1, both screen is on.

How do I set which screen priority mode would be on for? It only has the options true and false.

As far as I know, controlling priority mode past it being a 1 or a 0 (true or false) is out of my control. I'll have a play with this.

Edit: after looking into this it seems I've just worded things wrong in the app. In priority mode true = top screen and false = bottom screen. I'll fix this.

Last edited by jlangford,
Reactions: NekoMichi

Wyldosis

Trophies
XP
Country
Was wondering if i could get some help. I have from what i can see everything set up correctly however as soon as i connect I just get a black screen in NTR viewer. It is reading a frame rate and quality so i assume I am connected but cannot seem to get the top screen to display no matter what I do.

Any thoughts?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a post inquiring about boosting FPS. How is that possible with this? With the Pokemon games I can get 40fps, it's possible to boost that? Not that it's necessary, 40fps is fine for battle recording.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    hello silly pirate soldiers :)
    +1
    @SylverReZ NIntendo pretty much has to release a new console by next year in order to keep making moneys imo
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol