ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so i finally had a look at the 1.4.0 update. It does NOT require any update on the patch. BUT if you use the CIA method you need to repack with the new update, because the exefs and dynamic libraries have changed.

Hi i have a question.
Are translation tools to do your work available anywhere ?
I have little brother i am trying to suck into MH but he can't speak english so i was thinking of localizing it for him.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi i have a question.
Are translation tools to do your work available anywhere ?
I have little brother i am trying to suck into MH but he can't speak english so i was thinking of localizing it for him.
There is a general group of programs that are meant for things like fan translations and whatnot: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...olkit-for-authors-of-fan-translations.452375/ Try the search function next time:P Also, keep in mind that the tool works for pretty much most consoles games and even more than that really, not just 3DS, so PSP games for example work fine for it if you want to do anything with those.

sandgamerx

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello master,
I've download patch.rar from page 1. and I follow tutorial. But my 3ds XL still JP language.
My Luma version 9.0-2a840f2

Please help me
Thanks

Last edited by sandgamerx,

NightDante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi!
I need a little help. I installed original MHDC.cia. After them I installed the 1.4 update. And last I patched the game with v5. But there are a lot of text, which stayed in japanesse. What did I do wrong?

Attachments

• IMAG0862.jpg
    IMAG0862.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 302

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi!
I need a little help. I installed original MHDC.cia. After them I installed the 1.4 update. And last I patched the game with v5. But there are a lot of text, which stayed in japanesse. What did I do wrong?
You aren't reading the patch notes:P NPC dialogue and the like is not translated, as it's not important. What has been translated is everything that is useful in order to play the game without issues (so skills, equipment names, materials, most quests, etc.).

NightDante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You aren't reading the patch notes:P NPC dialogue and the like is not translated, as it's not important. What has been translated is everything that is useful in order to play the game without issues (so skills, equipment names, materials, most quests, etc.).
Ooooh. Thank you!!! XD

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on citra. But I guess this is usually translated? Right after picking new game (which was in english).

Cr1cho

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Everything else seems to be working as intended, but neither the equipment nor the weapon are translated. Suggestions?

Attachments

• equipment.jpg
    equipment.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 255

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I somehow missed that you have translated the quest giver stuff, that's what I thought I'd miss the most.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to get this to work on my rom for Citra, but it shows half translated and half not. I unpacked the game and replaced the arc and table folders from the patch to the RomFS then repacked, it says patch v5 in the menu but a lot of stuff is still japanese. Am I doing something wrong?

dAHU6Mw.png

Last edited by Kibido,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm trying to get this to work on my rom for Citra, but it shows half translated and half not. I unpacked the game and replaced the arc and table folders from the patch to the RomFS then repacked, it says patch v5 in the menu but a lot of stuff is still japanese. Am I doing something wrong?

dAHU6Mw.png
No, it's just that not everything is translated. For example in your screenshot, the untranslated stuff is all very easy to guess what they are (eg: main quest objective, subquest, etc.). The patch doesn't translate everything, only everything necessary to fully enjoy the game without needing to know Japanese. So things like hunter notes, pointless text, random NPCs, etc. have no reason to be translated as they hardly matter when it comes to playing. You can do hunts, tell apart quests, understand objectives, know what item is what, tell apart equipment, etc., again, all you need to know to play the game.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
@Kibido
this stuff SHOULD be translated oO basically nearly everything that's not dialogue.

IbdQu2x.png

OkbftiA.png

this is how it's supposed to look.

you did say you unpacked the game, if you mean the base game you did it wrong. you have to unpack the latest update cia NOT the basegame. i recommend just using luma's patching method ;)

Last edited by dasding,
Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@Kibido
this stuff SHOULD be translated oO basically nearly everything that's not dialogue.

IbdQu2x.png

OkbftiA.png

this is how it's supposed to look.

you did say you unpacked the game, if you mean the base game you did it wrong. you have to unpack the latest update cia NOT the basegame. i recommend just using luma's patching method ;)
Oops, forgot how it should look in my post, derp:P He's playing on Citra from the looks of it, so no Luma patching. He should merge the patch with the update CIA then the update CIA with the base game.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you mean the base game you did it wrong. you have to unpack the latest update cia NOT the basegame.

What a dumbass. And here's me from a year ago schooling myself from the future

Get yourself a CIA already patched and updated or extract the RomFS of the 1.1.0 update and merge the files. It's written in the OP.

I was going nuts unpacking and repacking shit. Thanks.

Vangormel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change monster introduction texts (such as this: imgur[dot]com/dLeH1GI) to English or are they simply hardcoded?

I've tinkered in GUI/02_common/font folder (as well as elsewhere), where the texturesheet for the displayed kanji is, I've tried to replace the files in the folder with MHGen equivalents but to no avail. In-game the text stays the same, no matter what I've tried. Any insight would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1