ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross - Full English Translation Patch

xScarYx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wasnt working for me too. regardless if i encrypted or decrypted the cia on a real n3ds.
would be nice if he had posted the hash of his original file.

a patch for vanilla 1.4.0 update would also be nice, it isnt real hard to find. i dumped it myself, but was also able to find it in ~10min with google.

i made a german translation for my son and myself, made delta patches for vanilla & v2 update. if anyone want to use it, leave a PN :)

Last edited by xScarYx,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probly won't see him ever again here and I gave up long time ago on this
c9c5c372f1df54146fca290f44514293.jpg

Reactions: Haytham

PeaceRanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello, I'm working on Russian translation of Monster Hunter XX.
If you want to translate keyboard, you'll need to hex-edit "swkbd_JP_Japanese.70C56D5E" file from swkbd.arc (system -> swkbd -> message) from main game .cia file. Also you can edit keyboard layout there. I tried to inject keyboard from generations, but it didn't work. So I had to transform Japanese keyboard into Russian XD
2660, 2670 - ok button text
2B30 - cancel button text
9632, 10944, 12144, 12160 - space button text
3870, 4304, 3404 - backspace button text

It's not difficult to edit the game font. It is stored in resident.arc (GUI -> 02_common -> font).
font_festa.gfd - font file. It's not difficult to change symbols sizes with hex editor.
font_festa_00_AM_NOMIP.tex - contains font texture. Kukki can open it and export/import png.

DLC quests are stored in the save file. If you open save file in hex editor you'll see that there are .arc files there. Save .arc part into new file and open it with Karameru. Also you'll need utility to open and edit .gmd files.

Let me know if you find how to translate monster cutscenes. I didn't find anything yet.
can explain how change the keyboard and dlc language

PeaceRanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Can you share details about it? I'm working on Russian translation and this is the only thing I don't know how to translate.
DLC quests are stored in save file (ext data) in .arc files, so I can translate them.
did u get any information about how to translate the cutscene

Vulpes-Vulpeos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
did u get any information about how to translate the cutscene
nope, also I don't work on translation anymore as I sold my 3ds.

can explain how change the keyboard and dlc language
Keyboard - you edit swkbd_JP_Japanese.70C56D5E file in any hex-editor. Find the part which contains Japanese keyboard and replace characters with characters you need (I can't help you with that as too many time passed after I edited that file).
DLC - you find dlc .arc files in your save (before that you need to download dlc quests within the game) with hex-editor, save parts which contain .arc files to separate files, open this .arc files with karameru, then edit files with utility which can open and edit .gmd files (I can't help you with that), then do everything backwards.
You need to know how to use hex-editor to do what I mentioned above.

Reactions: PeaceRanger

PeaceRanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
nope, also I don't work on translation anymore as I sold my 3ds.

Keyboard - you edit swkbd_JP_Japanese.70C56D5E file in any hex-editor. Find the part which contains Japanese keyboard and replace characters with characters you need (I can't help you with that as too many time passed after I edited that file).
DLC - you find dlc .arc files in your save (before that you need to download dlc quests within the game) with hex-editor, save parts which contain .arc files to separate files, open this .arc files with karameru, then edit files with utility which can open and edit .gmd files (I can't help you with that), then do everything backwards.
You need to know how to use hex-editor to do what I mentioned above.
thank you so much for the help I'll try it in the weekend and if stake in anything i'll tell you

PeaceRanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
nope, also I don't work on translation anymore as I sold my 3ds
that so sad to hear but i hopes to u a better job i went to learn so staff like this for my son and daughter cuz they barely keep up with the engine they always ask me to do something about it so I'll have to learn some if u have time every weekend or know a place that can tell how I'll be glad to hear from you and thank you again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game