ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

hollowdeathcult

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I just spent a good amount of time messing around to fix this, I even CTRtransferred my 3DS to download the update, and messed around trying to rebuild the CIA, only to realize the issue is that the CIA floating around on the internet/in this thread (MHXX1.4englishV5.cia) just lost the minor version number when being rebuilt. I never figured out how to rebuild the cia properly, but just fixing the already patched cia was pretty easy.
Code:
ctrtool --contents=contents MHXX1.4englishV5.cia
makerom -f cia -o game.cia -minor 8 -content contents.0000.00000000:0:5 -content contents.0001.00000001:1:1

Anyway, a year later, here is the fixed cia, and also the unmodified update I CTRtransferred to dump.
https://mega.nz/#F!OI0gwIDL!Gpoda8X37dXEqMVdhpXimQ

Came to thank you for this fix, this is the definitive and most reliable way to patch the game with this cia. Search no more. Thank you pal!!!

Ender3Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@dasding am I correct in thinking that the tables containing dialogue are in the .DMG format?
If so, where can I find the original tables that are patched out?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently working on a ROM hack which will add better textures, fix a few broken hitboxes, etc. and would like to integrate Crosshex's patch instead of having to embed the translation in an update CIA.
Thanks in advance.

Syayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here not getting any random crashes related to 'Translation' error on 3DS? Even playing offline with village quests, my 3DS would crashes due to 'Translation' error and whatnot, it usually crash when playing with someone who's using DLC stuff either from a host or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye