ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

Weebalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering that Capcom has no plans to Localize MHXX, because of the presence of its possible superior MH:W (it at least seems promising, but its existence would surely give Capcom doubts of using resources to localize) I will give my services to the localization team on helping translate and quality check the (rather simple) story, so that it is fully localized. Unless the team is dead set on not doing the story, despite it 99.99% not getting a western release. My Japanese is simple, and I'd most likely use various sources and research to translate, but I'll GLADLY do the job. (I'm serious, I have too much time on my hands)

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
[P.S - I just tried to update the game anyway, and the update downloaded and said it completed. Then I went to play the game, and it says that there is an update available everytime I select the game on my home screen. When I press A on the game, it says there is an update available, press A to download the update, or press Y to launch the game anyway. Is this normal? Do I just skip the update everytime I wanna play? I am trying to also play online.]

Thanks in advance!

there is no update i'm aware of.
the 3ds will say there's an update even if you got the latest update installed because it's modified and not properly recognized. ignore it and when really an update drops we will update the patch.

hey there.

New update on MHXX has been released, cannot play online.

Any update coming?

Thanks!
by chance banned?

Considering that Capcom has no plans to Localize MHXX, because of the presence of its possible superior MH:W (it at least seems promising, but its existence would surely give Capcom doubts of using resources to localize) I will give my services to the localization team on helping translate and quality check the (rather simple) story, so that it is fully localized. Unless the team is dead set on not doing the story, despite it 99.99% not getting a western release. My Japanese is simple, and I'd most likely use various sources and research to translate, but I'll GLADLY do the job. (I'm serious, I have too much time on my hands)
Thanks for the offer! Currently it's too soon in my opinion to absolutely rule out an official localization. i personally really want MHXX localized, the respective tweets don't allow much hope though. even if there will be no localization a complete story translation would take an incredible amount of work for a not quite story focused game.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks for the offer! Currently it's too soon in my opinion to absolutely rule out an official localization. i personally really want MHXX localized, the respective tweets don't allow much hope though. even if there will be no localization a complete story translation would take an incredible amount of work for a not quite story focused game.
Damn shame. But like I asked before, wouldn't it be possible to just import the already translated text from Generations and then translate the additional content added in Double Cross?

Reactions: Ace_Axel

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Damn shame. But like I asked before, wouldn't it be possible to just import the already translated text from Generations and then translate the additional content added in Double Cross?
yes, in fact that's we did, but we threw out all dialog because it's copyrighted material by capcom.

mattskiiau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there is no update i'm aware of.
the 3ds will say there's an update even if you got the latest update installed because it's modified and not properly recognized. ignore it and when really an update drops we will update the patch.
by chance banned?.

Don't think I could be banned since it was the first time trying to get online with it.

The code I'm getting is 002-0120
"In order to use online services, a newer version of this software is required."

I used the latest pre-built cia.

Should I try original + ntr patch instead?

Edit: ok did some research, apparently this is a ban. Very interesting as I haven't touched this 3ds for months on end and just installed cfw on the same day as this rom. Hmm.

------------------
Edit2: I'm really confused now. Ban codes are actually 002-0102 where I have 002-0120. Used the patcher on the .CIA, still can't get online with it. :(

------------------
Edit3: Just booted up .cia of super smash, played a full online VS game. Can confirm not a ban. It must be something I'm doing wrong with patcher. Will continue to investigate.

-----------------
Edit4: FIXED! I uninstalled prepatched .cia, downloaded original untouched .cia, installed v1.1.0 patch from HERE, installed the patcher and BAM. All good!

Last edited by mattskiiau,
Reactions: bomigoton

Weebalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No doubt it will take a while, but I am sure a group of 5 probably could get it out, long before MHW hits the shelves and Capcom to realize that Japan is not their only source of income. Considering this game is an expansion to MHX, is there no way to cross check the script and utilize already translated scripts from MHX?

Ace_Axel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly... I would be happy if Crapcom decided to at least "copy+paste" what's translated from MH Gen, localize the extra content and just have an option to change the in-game language to English for the Switch version. (as well as let the game automatically set the language based on system setting). US and European fans won't miss out, we'll just have to import our copies. Crapcom still gets their money and everybody's happy amirite? Switch is region-free so this should be possible.

Last edited by Ace_Axel,

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, in fact that's we did, but we threw out all dialog because it's copyrighted material by capcom.

You can still use them.
Just an xdelta patch (maybe a collection hidden behind a utility or a bat file) to transform MHXX (JP) script files to MH Generations (US) ones, the latter will be obviously required to be provided by the user from their legal copy. Or even better, if they're compatible across versions, just a file swap bat script and minor patches to fix any incompatibilities are all what's needed.

This will be more work for the user to set up an OnionFS patch, but that's a small price to pay compared to nothing at all.

That's how the Great Ace Attorney Demo translation (which used Dual Destinies' font file) and Hamtaro's restoration patch in Story of Seasons 2 (for some script files) already were released, and there's no reason in this case why it should be a deal breaker here.

As for an official localization, it doesn't bode too well for the Switch version let alone the 3DS version, considering they're trying to kill them overseas and promote the one with shinier graphics instead.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Rom hackers and pirates concerned about overstepping legal boundaries by transplanting text.

People are strange :rofl2:

Go away, lest you get tainted by those "pirate" translator's stench. And do us all a service. Why are you even here?

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go away, lest you get tainted by those "pirate" translator's stench. And do us all a service. Why are you even here?

I'm doing what he isn't: forking this and injecting the text. If Capcom won't bring the title over, then this is the right choice.

But by all means, feel free to not use it if you deem me a blight to "you all", ghanmi-chan :rolleyes:

Last edited by ArtemisM,

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm doing what he isn't: forking this and injecting the text. If Capcom won't bring the title over, then this is the right choice.

But by all means, feel free to not use it if you deem me a blight to "you all", ghanmi-chan :rolleyes:

Weren't you the one just now equating fan-translating stuff to piracy and adopting a holier than thou attitude?
For some reason, these replies are made often with the end result that fan projects to shut down either due to forum moderation or lawyer attention from the company in question ... just like with Dragon Quest 7 and Final Fantasy Type-0 and not very dissimilar to the MHXX situation which has more text than what a simple file swap would cover.

To be blunt, something like a lazy file swap mod leaving all extra content untranslated like with Nier Replicant PS3 isn't worth it that much to the point of poisoning discussion of another project where they actually bother to translate the newer content AND actually weren't against importing the US Generations script, legal issues aside.

Who needs companies cracking on mods and defaming fan works when members of the "fan community" are doing their job for them.

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren't you the one just now equating fan-translating stuff to piracy and adopting a holier than thou attitude?

No, I was making fun of the fact that the guy doing the fanslation is, on a popular site that silently advocates and develops piracy for the community, wary of using "copyrighted content".

For some reason, these replies are made often with the end result that fan projects to shut down either due to forum moderation or lawyer attention from the company in question ... just like with Dragon Quest 7 and Final Fantasy Type-0 and not very dissimilar to the MHXX situation which has more text than what a simple file swap would cover.

I've been C&D'd before, and neither studio (Capcom or Rare) have acted on it. I'm not afraid of the boogyman. Come at me, bros.

To be blunt, something like a lazy file swap mod leaving all extra content untranslated like with Nier Replicant PS3 isn't worth it that much to the point of poisoning discussion of another project where they actually bother to translate the newer content AND actually weren't against importing the US Generations script, legal issues aside.

Oh, I'm doing *much* more than just a lazy file swap. I've spent a good amount of time assessing the file structure and combining it with the knowledge I gained from helping on the Portable 3rd fanslation. Whether this is released for public consumption or just for certain groups in the MH subreddit/discord has yet to be decided on. I'll probably recruit a tester or two in the coming weeks once I iron out some text errors. My japanese is intermediate, but my contextual perception for language nuances isn't very good. I don't want the dialogue to sound dry or mundane. Nobody likes literal translations.

Who needs companies cracking on mods and defaming fan works when members of the "fan community" are doing their job for them.

I'd be willing to bet that IF the west got XX, it'd be Switch-only. That bolsters my motivation to have an end-all solution to this issue, with 100% fidelity.

Last edited by ArtemisM,

Yump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping this, but per rumors, Capcom currently has no plans to localize MH XX. If it's coming, Nintendo is paying for the whole thing, and there is no confirmation that they will do this.

Is this patch still only going to focus on UI stuff, assuming the above is true?
Monster Hunter themselves didnt say no yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol