[Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by dasding, Mar 21, 2017.

1. xelrix

xelrix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2017
    Malaysia
    Wrong. :teach:
    Have been using the patch and constantly online (even now).
    No ban still :rolleyes:

2. alkatraz91

alkatraz91 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2015
    Italy
    i am reporting what i was reading online. and i got banned for that.cause was the only game i played.

3. MaximusX800

MaximusX800 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2014
    United States
    Patch Updated,

All non-DLC quest names have been translated.

bomigoton and ZeroHunta like this.
  4. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    so can you explain why some people don't even play online but still get banned?
    I'm using the patch as well and didn't get banned

bomigoton likes this.
  5. Technotardy2

Technotardy2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Definitely not. I've set up the English patch on two separate O3ds systems to translate the imported game carts. One system is online almost every single day. The other one is online at least three times a week. No issues whatsoever.

6. Soulsilve2010

Soulsilve2010 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2016
    United States
    United States,Indiana
    I tried out the patch today and it works fine,is there any plans to translate story dialogue?I play the games just as much for the story as the gameplay.

7. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    no they don't
    They once told that they'll never do that for any game

8. Soulsilve2010

Sep 3, 2016
    United States
    United States,Indiana
    Oh,so I guess I have to play Generations first to find out what the story is,or hope for a us/eu release of XX.

9. dasding
    OP

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2015
    Germany
    Well we did a story translation for Monster Hunter Stories, but only because we were kinda confident that it wouldn't be localized. (We were wrong though lol) But the main Monster Hunter games are very likely to be localied therefore a story translation is rather a wasted effort. the ui patch is for inpatient people who like to import games to help them enjoy the game more easily.

10. Soulsilve2010

Sep 3, 2016
    United States
    United States,Indiana
    Ok,thanks for replying!Its pretty impressive work you guys do.

11. akatsukiclan

akatsukiclan Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2013
    Italy
    Margherita di Savoia, Apulia
    This happened to me too today

12. SupahTofu

SupahTofu Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    United States
    I've tried every method to update the translation patch and it wont change to saying 3 instead of 2.1. I know it's not 3.0 because there are still more than a few palico armors not translated.

13. akatsukiclan

akatsukiclan Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2013
    Italy
    Margherita di Savoia, Apulia
    Same here.

14. BLCKBLuR

BLCKBLuR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Hey!!! Thanks so much for this!!!! I just installed MHXX with English UI patch v3 preinstalled, it was in .CIA format from "that ISO site". I am wondering what should I do when there is an update for the game? Right now I just got done installing the .CIA, and when I select the game on my home screen, it says there is an update for the game. So how should I go about updating it and also keeping/using the english UI patch?

[P.S - I just tried to update the game anyway, and the update downloaded and said it completed. Then I went to play the game, and it says that there is an update available everytime I select the game on my home screen. When I press A on the game, it says there is an update available, press A to download the update, or press Y to launch the game anyway. Is this normal? Do I just skip the update everytime I wanna play? I am trying to also play online.]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BLCKBLuR, Jun 10, 2017
  15. Pachari

Pachari Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Same here. The thing is, the game wants to update but the EU/US eshop doesn't have any files from MH:XX obviously. So we should either change the region of the system or manually get an updated version

16. Milklatte

Milklatte Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2017
    United States
    I'm having the same issue, and I can't use the patch at all because of the "update" issue :c

17. Goofy Time

Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Sorry for bumping this, but per rumors, Capcom currently has no plans to localize MH XX. If it's coming, Nintendo is paying for the whole thing, and there is no confirmation that they will do this.

Is this patch still only going to focus on UI stuff, assuming the above is true?

18. Kuro Kairaku

Kuro Kairaku Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Canada
    Well, considering Monster Hunter World is going to be the first WORLDWIDE Release (Smart) and its coming EARLY 2018, if Capcom was goign to any translation, they would let the Japanese have the game for many more months before greenligthing the translation, and thus competing with something that would most likely end up superior, if it plays its cards right. It just needs to play a little like a Monster Hunter game, and possibly same amount of unique monsters as the latest main line, and people would be happy. Plus it might implement DLC and Expansions, if we are lucky.

While we don't know to much about MH:W it might be safe to assume Capcom knows its coming out and wishes not to compete with it, hense MHXX might remain Japanese only. Which is ashamed. If they embraced Worldwide releases, they might have gotten more money for it. I woulda bought MHXX, if it meant full localization.

Personally I am exited for world. It seems to be a fresh take on the formula. I just want to see definitive proof all the weapons, and its playstyle is still in the game, including that silly jingle when cooking meat. Then I'll determine if its sad to not have MHXX in the west XD.

19. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    Shouldn't there be a way to export all Generations' text files to Double Cross and translate what's missing after that?

20. Coder_Oak

Coder_Oak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2017
    United States
    I just signed up here to say I would certainly appreciate it if this release becomes a full translation too! There is more confirmation that Capcom isn't planning to localize XX:

https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874767706716852224