• Likes 105

abruzzimarco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another gm9 curiosity

When you do a “SysNAND Backup”, why do you also have to “Dump Boot9.bin & Boot11.bin” & essential.exefs?

What's the importance when you only need the <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin to restore?

Vorcray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The updater has a search function. Why don't you use it? Otherwise it is just a payload which you have to replace.
Thanks man. I will update it manually anyways. Honestly it was just a matter of, "since I have Universal Updater already on, then might as well just update it." But anyways thanks.

rocknard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
is it possible to dump the game cia + update in one .cia? Godmode seems to only dump game and update separately. Any posibility with some script to integrate both of them? Since for PC i don't know if "HackingToolkit3DS" works properly.

Thanks.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to dump the game cia + update in one .cia? Godmode seems to only dump game and update separately. Any posibility with some script to integrate both of them? Since for PC i don't know if "HackingToolkit3DS" works properly.

Thanks.
This is not possible with the cia format, which can only include one title's contents at a time.

Reactions: rocknard

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't even remember the last time I updated godmode (must've been years). updated both sd card and ctrnand on fastboot, and I tested both. both went perfect on my n3ds xl.

Reactions: wicksand420

KaydeGRules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Want A CIA Forwarder:
[WARNING!!!] PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE ICON OR BANNER OTHER THAN THE ONES I CHOSE!!!

Icon:
GM9 - Icon.png

Banner:
GM9 - Banner.png

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Want A CIA Forwarder:
[WARNING!!!] PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE ICON OR BANNER OTHER THAN THE ONES I CHOSE!!!

Icon:View attachment 330353

Banner:View attachment 330355
Wait what? The way you wrote this makes it seem (to me at least) as if you believe yourself to be entitled to someone else's labor :wtf: Also "[WARNING!!!] PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE ICON OR BANNER OTHER THAN THE ONES I CHOSE!!!" what is going to happen if someone decides to make a CIA forwarder and chooses to use a different icon and banner? :wtf:

KaydeGRules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what? The way you wrote this makes it seem (to me at least) as if you believe yourself to be entitled to someone else's labor :wtf: Also "[WARNING!!!] PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE ICON OR BANNER OTHER THAN THE ONES I CHOSE!!!" what is going to happen if someone decides to make a CIA forwarder and chooses to use a different icon and banner? :wtf:
DONT Let THEM I'm Just Sorry I Don't Like The Forwarder Already Made Cause The Icon Does not have godmode9 on it

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not sure if this thread is the right place to ask, but I try my luck anyway: I haven't done much with the 3ds lately, but I wanted to let my son play the old pokemon games on the PC. Since he already knows the Citra Emulator, I wanted to simply install the RetroPokemon releases as .cia in Citra. I could't because they were encrypted. I moved the cia files onto the sd card and used Godmode9 to decrypt them. But it says: decryption failed! all the time.
then I installed the cias on the 3ds and used Godmode9 to build a cia (standard) from the installed titles. Decryption fails all the time, with all the files. What am I doing wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this thread is the right place to ask, but I try my luck anyway: I haven't done much with the 3ds lately, but I wanted to let my son play the old pokemon games on the PC. Since he already knows the Citra Emulator, I wanted to simply install the RetroPokemon releases as .cia in Citra. I could't because they were encrypted. I moved the cia files onto the sd card and used Godmode9 to decrypt them. But it says: decryption failed! all the time.
then I installed the cias on the 3ds and used Godmode9 to build a cia (standard) from the installed titles. Decryption fails all the time, with all the files. What am I doing wrong?
Try makerom

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try makerom
I still would like to know why it does not work with godmode9. I searched online and found a similar issue someone had, the solution was to build the supportfiles (found under Home Button --> More...) I did build them, still, the problem persists. I cannot decrypt ANY cia file. First I suspected it is because of those specific cia files, turnes out it's every cia file. What should I do?

Also, makerom does not have a useful tutorial on the github page, it just downloads an executeable without any instructions... Could you direct me to a useful tutorial for makerom?

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DONT Let THEM I'm Just Sorry I Don't Like The Forwarder Already Made Cause The Icon Does not have godmode9 on it
Tough. Neither d0k3, nor the rest of the development team of GM9, are entitled to give you anything, especially with the way you phrased your request as more of a (toothless) demand. The current forwarder works for its intended purpose and should the team need to change it, that's their perogative. If you want to make the change yourself for your own personal usage, then compile the Home Menu Forwarder for it on your own according to its GitHub instructions, and replace the icon and banner of the Forwarder with your own source images. Not only will this teach you a well-deserved lesson in humility, it will also help you learn to compile programs like this on your own.

Reactions: NightScript

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use makerom, but iirc, it requires the elf (make work with other file types). you also need bannertool to make the banner and icon from png files and a wav. I figured out how to do that with a little help from pk11: https://gbatemp.net/threads/bannertool-example.619783/#post-9953114 the elf part, I'm not sure. I just built godmoe9 to see if it provided an elf. it didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya