Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this thread is the right place to ask, but I try my luck anyway: I haven't done much with the 3ds lately, but I wanted to let my son play the old pokemon games on the PC. Since he already knows the Citra Emulator, I wanted to simply install the RetroPokemon releases as .cia in Citra. I could't because they were encrypted. I moved the cia files onto the sd card and used Godmode9 to decrypt them. But it says: decryption failed! all the time.
then I installed the cias on the 3ds and used Godmode9 to build a cia (standard) from the installed titles. Decryption fails all the time, with all the files. What am I doing wrong?
Are these "RetroPokemon" releases the pre-3DS games? If so that's probably not going to work in Citra. The DS and GBA games definitely wouldn't work as Citra doesn't emulator the 3DS's native DS/GBA mode. The Game Boy games may be possible since they're just emulated in 3DS mode, but you'd still be much better off just using a normal emulator for them instead of double emulating them.

Just use proper emulators for the consoles the games are actually for, I'd recommend melonDS for DS games and mGBA for GBA games, not sure what's the best PC GB(C) emulator these days... I think mGBA can do those but might not be the best option around.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this thread is the right place to ask, but I try my luck anyway: I haven't done much with the 3ds lately, but I wanted to let my son play the old pokemon games on the PC. Since he already knows the Citra Emulator, I wanted to simply install the RetroPokemon releases as .cia in Citra. I could't because they were encrypted. I moved the cia files onto the sd card and used Godmode9 to decrypt them. But it says: decryption failed! all the time.
then I installed the cias on the 3ds and used Godmode9 to build a cia (standard) from the installed titles. Decryption fails all the time, with all the files. What am I doing wrong?
I use this to decrypt my cais. https://gbatemp.net/threads/batch-cia-3ds-decryptor-a-simple-batch-file-to-decrypt-cia-3ds.512385/

catoutthehatlmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that my gm9 folder has different content as to what's inside the zip file after the update process
this is what I found after running ls -R
Im concerned mostly about the support folder having 4 files instead of 2 and out folder having some stuff(probably from some backup I did so mainly worried about support folder having 4 files instead of 2)
can anyone tell me if I should remove the extra files before inserting the sd card back into my device?

Code:
$ ls -R
.:
in  out  scripts  support

./in:

./out:
boot9.bin  essential.exefs

./scripts:
GM9Megascript.gm9  NANDManager.gm9

./support:
aeskeydb.bin.here  decTitleKeys.bin.here  encTitleKeys.bin.here  seeddb.bin.here

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Those files in the support folder are just reminders, don't have the proper extension so they're safely ignored. You can keep them.
The files in the out folder are the bios, which is standard, and a backup of the essential files of your console. You should keep that particular file for safety reasons. It may save you from a brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto