Official [Release] GodMode9 - All Access File Browser for the 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by d0k3, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Tokiwa

Tokiwa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2017
    Brazil
    From the readme.md: "Starting with this release, it is recommended you properly set up your RTC clock once. Also keep in mind that you should fix your system OS clock afterwards."

Just curious, what happens if you don't set up this feature? Does this affect me negatively if i only use godmode9 for making nand backups?

2. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    can this be used without custom firmware ?

was hoping to get the, New 2 ds xl, So i'm a newb at this.

So you put the files onto root of microSD, and you can create a backup nand, are not that simple.. ?

thanks in advance.

3. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    No, it needs boot9strap

drwhojan likes this.
  4. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Thanks, seems to be one this be four the other xd, but i'll looking into this first cheats.

It's just where to start first.., but can things be done without a flash card for backups of own games.., using this..

5. jupitteer

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    Don't buy a flashcart. 3ds flashcarts cost almost a hundred dollars, whereas cfw is free. What you can do is wait for the upcoming exploit, ntrboothax, which will allow you to hack a 3ds with a specific kind of flashcart (which costs $10- $15) and a magnet. It won't be long until it comes out.

drwhojan likes this.
  6. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Thanks for the advice, I'll will wait that update, I had an old original R4 somewhere think one of the kids used it and took it home with them, If they still have it try to get it back might be useful!.

I think the cheapest gateway was priced around, £56 in uk money.

7. jupitteer

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    That flashcart won't work. It has to be one of only a few kinds of flashcarts. Wait for the compatibility list, then buy the cheapest one on it.

drwhojan likes this.
  8. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    I see cheers and thanks 4 your help.

jupitteer likes this.
  9. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Well, the madness will stop after 24h. I know this isn't exactly convenient, but you have to do this only once, so I guess it's bearable.

Exactly that.

Recommended means I recommend it, you don't have to do it :). Consequences of not setting it up will be wrong dates for FAT files. You most likely won't mind.

GilgameshArcher and Tokiwa like this.
  10. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    You have to reset the RTC every time you remove the battery without leaving the 3DS plugged in.

11. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    If that changes things for you, you can also use RTChanger to change the clock. Besides, I just remembered - yes, you need to fix OS time once, but, after that, it is enough to set the RTC. Reason being that after the first fix, system OS time should be identical to RTC time.

julialy likes this.
  12. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
  13. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    @d0k3
    Do you thing you can add a9lhaxed payloads support like BootCtr9 for backwards compatibility?

14. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Not sure why that isn't already included, honestly. On the v1.2.8 release he said this:

"Now, this is the last legacy release, meaning, starting from this release, all entrypoints older than A9LH will be removed from the source code."

A9LH payloads should still be in, since they aren't older than themselves, but it seems they were thrown out, too. Maybe a mistake?

Ryccardo likes this.
  15. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    probably still works if you build the source yourself and use the output binary. I would imagine d0k3 just didn't put it in the release archive because everyone should have moved on to b9s now. I didn't check if it actually runs on a9lh though.

16. Wolfvak
    This message by Wolfvak has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic / general clean-up -rp.
    Aug 9, 2017
  17. TuxSH
    This message by TuxSH has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic / general clean-up -rp.
    Aug 9, 2017
  18. d0k3
    This message by d0k3 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic / general clean-up -rp.
    Aug 9, 2017
  19. Wolfvak
    This message by Wolfvak has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic / general clean-up -rp.
    Aug 9, 2017
  20. TuxSH
    This message by TuxSH has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic / general clean-up -rp.
    Aug 10, 2017
  21. Amapola62

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    How to set Rtc data in godmode9 ?

Nevermind, found how to do it.

Last edited by Amapola62, Aug 10, 2017
  22. Wolfvak
    Aug 10, 2017
  23. TuxSH
    Aug 10, 2017
  24. YuukiHikari
    This message by YuukiHikari has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic / general clean-up -rp.
    Aug 10, 2017
  25. Lilith Valentine
    This message by Lilith Valentine has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic / general clean-up -rp.
    Aug 10, 2017
  26. d0k3
    This message by d0k3 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic / general clean-up -rp.
    Aug 10, 2017
  27. Wolfvak
    Aug 10, 2017
  28. TuxSH
    Aug 10, 2017
  29. Wolfvak
    Aug 10, 2017
  30. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    On topic question! @d0k3 I am not sure if you saw my previous post or not, but I will quote it

So I have actually been doing a lot of research into this, so if you ever do have time to look into this, would be able to message or tag me so I know you are working on it? I currently have lot of research into this project, but I lack the tools to actually get deeper into the DSi flashcart NANDS. I feel like GodMode9 might actually be able to do something like actually explore the cart's NAND.

31. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Thank you! There is actually one guy already working on this, so there might be some progress soon. Can't promise anything yet, but I'll keep it in mind.

32. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Wonderful! Hopefully we can see some progress and I can hopefully continue my research!

33. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    And now for something completely different, that will enable you to walk into an used console store with three common household items (DS flashcard, SD, and magnet) and walk out with a confused shopkeeper and a LocalFriendCodeSeed_B

Or to get some data out of your bricked console, although if you are not in a TAS you can normally just chainload the usual GM9 from B9S-ntr with the same result

Open sorca: https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/compare/master...rboninsegna:ntrboot

Attached Files:

gnmmarechal and d0k3 like this.