ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

brargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Can someone please tell me how to use this? All i see is a bunch of folders.
edit. how can i open my n3ds roms with this rool?

Aveyn Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your work!

I've been having a little fun with the files in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

When you have time, could you help me figure out why these BCRES files aren't opening?

Map 1 / Map 2

(Ignore the .lz extension; I already decompressed them.)

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your work!

I've been having a little fun with the files in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

When you have time, could you help me figure out why these BCRES files aren't opening?

Map 1 / Map 2

(Ignore the .lz extension; I already decompressed them.)

I will have a look at them. Most of the time you don't need decompressing, as EFE support the most used compression formats .

If they have some files and format specifications for me.

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
From the Github repo:
ARM9 decompression is done by executing the rom until the point it is
decompressed. This means that it should work with all compressed games.

Wouldn't it be easier to add the BLZ de/compression from CUE's DS Compressors? https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-ds-gba-compressors.313278/
It includes the source code, so I'm not sure why you shouldn't do it this way.

The same compression is used in DSiWare manuals too, so I'm not sure how you'd de/recompress these by executing the rom.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From the Github repo:

Wouldn't it be easier to add the BLZ de/compression from CUE's DS Compressors? https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-ds-gba-compressors.313278/
It includes the source code, so I'm not sure why you shouldn't do it this way.

The same compression is used in DSiWare manuals too, so I'm not sure how you'd de/recompress these by executing the rom.

It is changed now. I thought it didn't work well for some games, but I found what caused it. I have written my own implementation of the backward decompressor.

Anton299

Trophies
Website
www.shedevr.org.ru
XP
Country
Ukraine
Thanks for your tool, Gericom!
Could you please add support for .bflim files (Zelda ALBW graphics), to have possibility to convert them to png, bmp, whatever... and then back to .bflim. Same request for .ctxb files (Zelda: OoT 3D graphics).
There is a tool already which can convert those files to .png - texturipper (here at gbatemp), but it can't convert images back to .bflim or .ctxb.

Also, it will be very interesting to have support for font files, such as .ffnt (Zelda ALBW). This format is very similar to .brfnt, but when opened in tile editor (i.e. CrystalTile2) it shows me garbage, while .brfnt file can be opened and font is viewable in CT2.

In Zelda ALBW .ffnt files have no extension, they're packed in yaz0-compressed .sarc archive "RegionBoot.szs" (which does't have file names table).

I attached all three files for you (.bflim, .ctxb, .ffnt), so you can take a look at them.

Attachments

• zelda3D_file_formats.rar
    83.6 KB · Views: 241

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your tool, Gericom!
Could you please add support for .bflim files (Zelda ALBW graphics), to have possibility to convert them to png, bmp, whatever... and then back to .bflim. Same request for .ctxb files (Zelda: OoT 3D graphics).
There is a tool already which can convert those files to .png - texturipper (here at gbatemp), but it can't convert images back to .bflim or .ctxb.

Also, it will be very interesting to have support for font files, such as .ffnt (Zelda ALBW). This format is very similar to .brfnt, but when opened in tile editor (i.e. CrystalTile2) it shows me garbage, while .brfnt file can be opened and font is viewable in CT2.

In Zelda ALBW .ffnt files have no extension, they're packed in yaz0-compressed .sarc archive "RegionBoot.szs" (which does't have file names table).

I attached all three files for you (.bflim, .ctxb, .ffnt), so you can take a look at them.

I will have a look at them. Do you have bflyt files aswell? (if you have it in the folder structure with blyt, timg etc., can you pm me?)

Anton299

Trophies
Website
www.shedevr.org.ru
XP
Country
Ukraine
I will have a look at them.

Thanks!

Do you have bflyt files aswell? (if you have it in the folder structure with blyt, timg etc., can you pm me?)

I don't think so... but here's a .sarc file with this inside: timg/MW_NameBase_00.bflim...timg/II_FireRod32_r.bflim...timg/II_SwordA32_00.bflim...timg/Wood128_01.bflim...blyt/Cm_LoadIconT.bflyt.... - take a look at it... (see PM)

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated the weekly build again! (see the first post for the link)

New Features:
  • Viewing 3DS Themes
  • Viewing BCFNT font files
  • Opening and Editing NDS files
  • Opening and Editing Utility.bin file
  • Play BCSTM files
  • LZ11 decompression support
Bugfixes:
  • Support for WAV files with an INFO block
  • Fixed non power of 2 problem when generating etc1 textures (bclim uses etc1a4 now aswell, so you can have alpha)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Will there be a 3dsx version
why would there be a 3dsx version? it s a program for seeing extracted rom assets

unless you simply mean to look at .3dsx files in which case i doubt there will be much there you could do anything with, it would be better to ask the respective dev if the source is available, i know blargsnes is open source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay