ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

T3YD00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using EFE but when I try viewing a model it doesn’t register the files, however in file explorer you can see them

Ezradekezra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to import multiple .obj files into the same CGFX file with EFE? Also, is there anyway to export the animations and lookup tables from pre-existing CGFX files?

JohnnyOak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,
I'm very confused, I thought this tool would be able to load .3DS or .CIA files and explore what's inside but I can't seem to do that. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need an extra plugin? Do I need another tool for this?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I'm very confused, I thought this tool would be able to load .3DS or .CIA files and explore what's inside but I can't seem to do that. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need an extra plugin? Do I need another tool for this?
You need a different tool for it. There is one on the forums for unpacking and editing those files.

JohnnyOak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, thank you. I did find the tool and managed to crack it open. Now I don't know what to find what I'm looking for. :b
Anyone know what format or where are video files saved within a 3DS ROM? Or does it depend on the ROM? I'm trying to rip from Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission, if that helps.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't know if this is even still being worked on, but I've been trying to see if I could modify a few of the 3DS version of Rune Factory 4's textures. It uses .bctex files which seem to be fairly well known and even Switch Toolbox can open them for reading only even though they're 3DS files, but Every File Explorer is the only thing that has an ability to actually replace the textures. I've run into two problems though. First, the import quality is terrible. It seems to be a format with quite a lot of compression and color loss anyway, but the import for some reason seems to be especially lower quality compared to the originals. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to at least improve the import quality. Second, actually replacing images seems to cause the game to crash when they would show up on my 3DS or show up empty (transparent) in Citra. I ran across this when searching before, so I also tried it to see if it would make any difference, but it didn't seem to. Crash/transparent even with it. I know people have modified this game's textures before, so I'm not really sure what I could be missing here unless it requires a specific version or range of versions of Every File Explorer to do it properly or something.

Yukkuri_XP

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Post automatically merged:

1667125977449.png

The OK button goes off screen and is not displayed.
but, with sizer free software, the OK button appears.

Last edited by Yukkuri_XP,

frozencat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
whenever i try to save anything at all i get this error im downloading the prebuilt im using bree zip and i dont see the option to unblock the zip
whenever.PNG

frozencat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IEE5vv1.png
Every File Explorer

Takes hacking to a higher level!
Every File Explorer is a dynamic tool to browse, edit, view, explore and modify files. It is plugin-based, so you can make your own plugins for it aswell!​

Provided Plugins:
  • 3DS
  • Common Compressors
  • Common Files
  • Mario Kart
  • NDS
Source: https://github.com/Gericom/EveryFileExplorer
(Updated branch version): https://github.com/mariohackandglitch/EveryFileExplorer

Download: https://github.com/mariohackandglitch/EveryFileExplorer/releases/latest
Don't forget to unblock the zip from external sources before unpacking!!!!!!
It wont save my new super mario bros 2 edits?

ellectroide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to create a CGFX from an obj file, it asks me for the name of the model and then this happens:

I'm having this same error. I removed the spaces from the file paths, and I also tried moving both the files and the program itself to the Desktop, but no luck. It mysteriously works with one file, but not any of eight others. They all have one object, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Does anyone know how I could fix this? I'd really like it to work for a small homebrew program I'm working on.

Attachments

• this one doesn't.zip
    97.6 KB · Views: 16
  • this one works.zip
    96.9 KB · Views: 16

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol