Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i tested on my o3ds and it run very slowly
to be fair, it runs incredibly well considering it's N64 and on such a weak console, processing-powerly speaking. Mario kart is sorta playable, smash runs quite fast for brief moments, and mario64 runs great if you ignore the fact that a port that runs even better exist lol.

Reactions: cubaliu

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Little suggestion- especially for Old 3DS users, use this patch on your copy of SM64 to improve performance at least somewhat https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4905/

As for me
The new update works great! :P Never thought I'd see N64 games run like this on 3DS.

It's most likely one of the updates- for me, every update changes which games boot and which don't
Bump
Reminder for the Mario 64 fans that there is a performance fix ROM hack, a free and big performance boost with no downsides. I don't know of any performance mods for any other N64 games though

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Timing is off if you play on a N3DS. It runs faster than it should
Hey asking if framebuffer will be implemented/worked on?

Great work btw it run impressively for what it is a n3ds!

So basically in zelda oot v1.0(didnt test other version) in the forest temple where you do the 3rd ghost puzzle it seem to not register it when complete, the timer still go and reset the puzzle when time run out, its all iv seen so far as a problem i think its due to missing framebuffer but i could be wrong and i cannot complete the temple and check more without cheats or saves.
One last thing is rush 2049 sound doesnt work as the game run flawlessly it just doesnt have sounds.

Thank you for your great work btw! I love your emulator its the best!!

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Hi. What does this do? Do they run better?
Pal already run better since there is 10 frame less for 60hz game 5 frame less for 30 fps and 3 frame less for 20 fps!
But who know what his cia do i dont trust any of this and he trying to push update with QR code as MasterFeizz said idk really seems fishy?

Reactions: nWo and SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pal already run better since there is 10 frame less!
But who know what his cia do i dont trust any of this and he trying to push update with QR code as MasterFeizz said idk really seems fishy?
I agree. You never know what could be embedded into this build, it could be potentially malicious code. And since he hasn't provided a fork of the source or given any reasons of what he's changed, I definitely don't 100% trust on what this guy is doing at all.

Reactions: Zense

RyanxGwG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. You never know what could be embedded into this build, it could be potentially malicious code. And since he hasn't provided a fork of the source or given any reasons of what he's changed, I definitely don't 100% trust on what this guy is doing at all.
He keeps pushing this download too, even providing a qr code for a quick download now that the other links were used...

Reactions: SylverReZ

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This update has been amazing. Quest 64 plays very well now. Is there a setting or file that can be used for changing the CPP over to the directional pad?
Create a new .ini in the controllerconfigs folder. Use the smash.ini as a sample. Then you should be able to select it in the settings.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Create a new .ini in the controllerconfigs folder. Use the smash.ini as a sample. Then you should be able to select it in the settings.
Hmmm, I dont see anything of those folders, or a smash.ini file under sdroot > 3ds > DaedalusX64. Is there somewhere I need to go to get those?

*Downloaded the 3ds.zip. Found the file and got it on the console and working. Thank you for the work you have done Masterfeizz

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/cKEFoR8kec0?si=ZyebV_OHR6dxXWCE