Homebrew [HELP!] Who is able to compile EDuke3d.3dsx with latest ctrulib?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone kindly compile a build for me (and all users, of course) of EDuke3d from this source code (with save/load fixed)?
https://github.com/masterfeizz/EDuke3D/archive/refs/tags/v1.0-alpha2.zip

Two builds are already available:

1) The one by the author himself ( @MasterFeizz ) but he used an old tool to compile it and therefore it does not work on 3ds with updated software;
https://github.com/masterfeizz/EDuke3D/releases/download/v1.0-beta/EDuke3D-v1.0-beta.zip

2) The one compiled by @MrHuu with recent tool which works but has a problem during saving and loading (in both cases it throws you out in the 3ds home menu), since he used the older source code:
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/eduke3d_3dsx_30-11-2017-7z.107287/

I had already posted the problem in the related thread but no one answered me. I thank anyone who is kind enough to post the requested build here, making it available for all of us.

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tremor/libvorbis.h file or directory not found. tried three different ways, and none will detect the tremor folder.
If I understand correctly, that folder/file is present but the software cannot locate it, or am I wrong? Anyway I don't understand anything about this subject. 😅
Too bad that neither of the two authors I mentioned are around here, or maybe they have lost interest in this port. 😥

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand correctly, that folder/file is present but the software cannot locate it, or am I wrong? Anyway I don't understand anything about this subject. 😅
Too bad that neither of the two authors I mentioned are around here, or maybe they have lost interest in this port. 😥
yes, even though it's present. it must look for it somewhere else.

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, even though it's present. it must look for it somewhere else.
I see. And to think I purposely bought a used 3ds to play this port. As far as I read in the relevant thread, it has not been tested properly, as both builds have glaring flaws. Evidently no one was seriously interested in it. 🤔

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success. I asked for help on the nintendo homebrew channel of discord. it required changing some code:

1659128043746.png

Attachments

• eduke3d.zip
    779.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Love
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately, this version is also faulty. Even you can't open the main menu of the game (except at the beginning), as no button was set for it, and you can't set it in the .cfg file. Too bad!!!
If there is a button combination for this, I haven't found it. Maybe someone can suggest it to me, if they know it....🤔

• Sad
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.