Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cearp Hi, I know that you are planning to implement a new mode that installs the tiks. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the qr code scanner like in fbi. I ask this because I would like to use shameless and this together.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'llo here
I discovered this app recently and just gave a try on my EUR 2DS.
i downloaded Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson (EUR) (no, it's not for boobs... well, not only) in CIA form.
Everything gone well (or seems to), then I installed it using BigBlueMenu. The gales hoses normally in 2DS menu, but get sutck in 3DS splash screen when i boot it.
I ask here while i'm reading the 43 previous pages :)
Any tips are welcome.
Thank you for your work !
Sounds like one of the games you still have to visit the eShop to get the seed to allow the game to be played.

Just load up the eShop and search for the games page and open it. That should be enough for it to work.

Reactions: MockyLock

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so having a problem, I downloaded the wings.json file from that iso site and put it in the CIAngel folder but when i go to download something ( in this case super mario land 6 golden coins ) it tells me could not install tmd and asks if my title id / internet is okay. What exactly did i miss ? :/

Reactions: DrakeLyon

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sounds like one of the games you still have to visit the eShop to get the seed to allow the game to be played.

Just load up the eShop and search for the games page and open it. That should be enough for it to work.

Yeah, thank you, that was fast !
While still reading this thread, i downloaded Kirby And The mazing Mirror (Virtual COnsole).
This time, it gave me an error screen telling me to turn off the console.
Damn ! No luck once again ? Some kind of Ninty curse...

Reactions: Xenosaiga

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
okay so having a problem, I downloaded the wings.json file from that iso site and put it in the CIAngel folder but when i go to download something ( in this case super mario land 6 golden coins ) it tells me could not install tmd and asks if my title id / internet is okay. What exactly did i miss ? :/
Perhaps try deleting the folder CIAngel made for the game and try again? I know I tried downloading a game awhile ago (1001 Spikes) and something happened mid-download that messed up the produced CIA. I just deleted the folder that was generated and tried it again. Also, if CIAngel's built in installer is being iffy, try using FBI or DevMenu!

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao never mind ignore that aparently i'm an idiot... forgot i had opendns set up :/ Sorry for the trouble it's working now... i'll go hang my head in shame now haha.

Reactions: hudhair and Drakia

Billy1006

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok here we go, something cool!

CIAngel is a homebrew program that downloads content from Nintendo's servers.
It can make a GOOD cia that will be able to be redownloaded, it will not interfere with eshop... etc.
You can install directly to your device, or create a cia on the sd card to install later.
You can install a ticket, which lets you redownoad the game via eshop. (This only works for games that are in your eshop = in your region)

You can search for a game and download it.
The search is not perfect at the moment, but if you type the full name of the game, spelling mistakes is ok, it will find it.

This not not just my work! @Drakia has done a lot of work and made this project really cool!
Plus other contributions from members too, thank you! I'll try to make a little list.

Thanks to @machinamentum for FirmwareDownloader because without that, CIAngel would not exist, it was heavily based on that work!Thanks for 3dsguy and the other people who worked on make_cdn_cia, and @Friendsxix for helping me make good tickets long ago!

https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel
https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/latest
Could you try the same with dlc as CIA like mii plaza games

Billy1006

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Funny you ask, I downloaded all the CIA mii plaza dlc from CIAngel, works like a charm.
Well
I must wait until the 2ds from my brother came back because i need hardmod...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Funny you ask, I downloaded all the CIA mii plaza dlc from CIAngel, works like a charm.
Can it download cubic ninja as legit cia EUR region?

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Me again !
I went to its eShop page and it's working.
Thank you very much !

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, just a quick question: are all the keys on that nfshost site present in the wings.json file? Just because searching on that database from my pc would be much faster. Thank you for this homebrew by the way, is awesome.

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys,

Am I just wrong, or couldn't we use that nfshosts Sites IDs/Keys and make them to a .json file?
appearently the nfshosts Site got almost every game found on the E-Shop, or am I wrong?

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys,

Am I just wrong, or couldn't we use that nfshosts Sites IDs/Keys and make them to a .json file?
appearently the nfshosts Site got almost every game found on the E-Shop, or am I wrong?
There are almost six thousand titles in the eShop (counting demos and non-public titles). nfshost is pretty darn incomplete.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
kk, but who wants do download demos? :D

Some demos give you bonuses in the full game, so those are often worth it. Also, there are quite a few full games that aren't in there. Curently, the Excave series is the big one for me, I could only find "bad" cias (that is, ones that install and run just fine but do not allow for updates or for redownloading via funkycia2 using the cia as the ticket file) for it.

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay okay okay, you won.
But for the first instance, an complete .json of all full content games would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44