Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Eingya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I've been using this with no itches for a while, with big files too

Suddenly now it seems to be stopping the download with most big files and failing to install. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the temp folder, etc. but it seems to keep having this problem

it's a new 3ds xl

Again this feels weird, cause it has been very smooth up until now

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been using this with no itches for a while, with big files too

Suddenly now it seems to be stopping the download with most big files and failing to install. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the temp folder, etc. but it seems to keep having this problem

it's a new 3ds xl

Again this feels weird, cause it has been very smooth up until now
Nintendo is doing server maintenance right this very moment

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yea, like for an official thing. A lot easier to not focus on how long it takes to download; not to mention I have to imagine it'd be easier on battery life.
If you want to download it Sleep mode, cancel the download after a few percent (close the lid) then browse for the game on the eShop and you'll be able to choose Redownload. You can then have it download in Sleep mode.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Question what is stopping Nintendo from simply blacklisting all of these keys?
the content depends on the keys. they would have to reencrypt everything. (each content uses the same key)
it's not like you upload YOUR key for the game... you upload THE key for the game.

Last edited by cearp,

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why installing the smash DLC doesn't give me the option to redownload the DLC within the smash dlc store? I have a retail cart if it matters.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we can't redownload dlc. but at least we can still pirate it :)

I mean, I tried to and my understanding was once you install the dlc pack through ciangel you go into the dlc shop within Smash and you have the option to "redownload" the DLC. That's how it was on my cousin's 3ds, anyway. Not sure why it won't work on mine.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I tried to and my understanding was once you install the dlc pack through ciangel you go into the dlc shop within Smash and you have the option to "redownload" the DLC. That's how it was on my cousin's 3ds, anyway. Not sure why it won't work on mine.
In my case, I have the DLC cia that I downloaded from CIAngel stored in a folder on my SD card. I install the cia using FBI and once the game boots the DLC just shows up. The only things I downloaded are the Smash Bros. game itself, the latest eShop update, and the DLC. I have to reinstall the DLC every time visit the eShop, though (has this been fixed/will it ever be?)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the opposite of what you should do. Any time you access the in-game DLC shop the DLC gets wiped since it does server side checks.

In my case, I have the DLC cia that I downloaded from CIAngel stored in a folder on my SD card. I install the cia using FBI and once the game boots the DLC just shows up. The only things I downloaded are the Smash Bros. game itself, the latest eShop update, and the DLC. I have to reinstall the DLC every time visit the eShop, though (has this been fixed/will it ever be?)
There is no known way to stop this from happening.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the opposite of what you should do. Any time you access the in-game DLC shop the DLC gets wiped since it does server side checks.

There is no known way to stop this from happening.

I thought that's how it was supposed to be because my cousin's was like that, but he downloaded his dlc yesterday during the maintenance when the servers were crapping out and he got near the end of the installation and it said installation failed but it let him redownload off the in game store.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought that's how it was supposed to be because my cousin's was like that, but he downloaded his dlc yesterday during the maintenance when the servers were crapping out and he got near the end of the installation and it said installation failed but it let him redownload off the in game store.
Just install the DLC via CIAngel and check if the game installed it. No need to check the game store

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just install the DLC via CIAngel and check if the game installed it. No need to check the game store

Yep will give that a shot in a bit, thanks.

An unrelated question: does reinstalling a cia multiple times leave duplicate tickets on the system? And would that cause a problem?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep will give that a shot in a bit, thanks.

An unrelated question: does reinstalling a cia multiple times leave duplicate tickets on the system? And would that cause a problem?
No, both tickets and titles are unique. If you install a title that already exists, it overwrites the previous, same with tickets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think