Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

Rytsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, input the combination to stop menuhax from loading after booting cakes.

it's kinda working now but sometimes i'm stucked in black screen, sometimes it works, type 1 of menuhax with the cakes.3dsx as boot.3dsx.
that is when i set the cakes configuration to autoboot. if not it's working but i have to press boot cfw to boot emunand.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the latest release of cakebrah 102, or is cakebrah a different "Hidden" release? Someone handed me cakebrah and I'm not sure which version it is.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why doesn't Cake FW doesn't have its own custom ver. Name in the system settings to know we're in emunand like Cake-9.2.20u

Because that needs to be patched in system settings, not in the firmware. CakesFW doesn't support patching apps yet.
(It might be able to soon™)

Is the latest release of cakebrah 102, or is cakebrah a different "Hidden" release? Someone handed me cakebrah and I'm not sure which version it is.

CakeBrah is included in the release zip. I once did a separate release when I only updated CakeBrah (CakeBrah_99.zip), due to wanting to use version 100 for something cooler, but ended up deciding on not doing that anymore. So yes, latest stable release is 102 (unless you count the nightlies, but there's nothing interesting going on there as of right now).

Silmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi I'm new to the 3DS hacking scene and after I launched cakesfw I don't know what should I do. I am on a home menu and it doesn't seem to have anything special, did I miss something ?

Reactions: zoogie
D

Deleted-236924

Because that needs to be patched in system settings, not in the firmware. CakesFW doesn't support patching apps yet.
(It might be able to soon™)
Does it?
I know rxTools seems to just change the Ver. string across the board to RX-E, because DevMenu will show "Firmware RX-E", Badge Arcade will show "RX-E 1.3.0" at the bottom screen, and of course system settings showing RX-E.
A thing I've noticed is that once you've seen the RX-E string once, it reverts back to Ver. Boot DevMenu, exit it, go to system settings, and it'll be Ver. as normal.
Or maybe rxTools handles the Ver. string differently from other CFWs? Anyone on ReiNAND or GW able to check?
Or maybe patching it in system settings has a side-effect of changing it everywhere else on the 3DS. :P but wonder why it's only temporary.

Last edited by ,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what button is it too load the menu?
Its L, the same thing it is with every other CFW, keeping them the same helps prevent confusion.

Do r4is work with this?
You can play DS games, yes.

Whether you can play your particular r4 clone is difficult to say, there are literally dozens of them.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it?
I know rxTools seems to just change the Ver. string across the board to RX-E, because DevMenu will show "Firmware RX-E", Badge Arcade will show "RX-E 1.3.0" at the bottom screen, and of course system settings showing RX-E.
A thing I've noticed is that once you've seen the RX-E string once, it reverts back to Ver. Boot DevMenu, exit it, go to system settings, and it'll be Ver. as normal.
Or maybe rxTools handles the Ver. string differently from other CFWs? Anyone on ReiNAND or GW able to check?
Or maybe patching it in system settings has a side-effect of changing it everywhere else on the 3DS. :P but wonder why it's only temporary.

Rxtools has a thread running in the background that searches in a specific area of the memory, and replaces every instance of "Ver." it can find there: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/..._firm/source/payload/arm9/thread/thread.c#L56
This can have side-effects like the one you're talking about. (Any application that has a string that says "Ver." will have that string replaced, if it happens to be in that area, even non-string data, like the number 779248982 (which can be read as "Ver." in little-endian) will be replaced)
I hope you now understand why Cakes doesn't have this feature yet because I deem it both not really necessary and prefer to do it properly, instead of what rx is doing.

Last edited by mid-kid,

Rytsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way that I can get away from the homemenuhax loop when booting on cakes?
I have my nand unlinked, booting on emunand, and have autoboot settings on cakes. please help?
also are there any other way that I can use to be able to access homebrew when i use autoboot?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi mid-kid I would really thank you for the effort on CakesCFW (from spain!), It's my cfw of choice and I use it across all my systems. I also recommend/install it to other user's for it's stable boot.

What could we expect for future cakes versions? Why do you think nearly no one is working on cakescfw plugins?

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: peteruk

malaken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if wrong area but i think i messed up, luckily made a nand backup before hand.i had used sysupdater after using this cfw and it all booted while updating on my n3ds on emunand to 9.5 i didnt unlink the 2 and as it was going thru it just black screened me. Every time i turn it on black screen. Idk which version it was. Am i screwed?

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way that I can get away from the homemenuhax loop when booting on cakes?
I have my nand unlinked, booting on emunand, and have autoboot settings on cakes. please help?
also are there any other way that I can use to be able to access homebrew when i use autoboot?
If it loops then there not unlinked, if you did unlink it means you must have installed menuhax on emunand

Reactions: Rytsu

Rytsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already got 2 random folders and a Private folder on Nintendo 3ds folder so i guess my emunand and sysnand is unlinked?

how can i uninstall menuhax on emunand?

thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo