Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

jbguy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS 11.12 firm support, don't count on N3DS for now.

reboot, signatures, firmprot, and unitinfo should be working, the rest is untested. I've also retroactively checked, and 11.8 firmprot works, so yay.

Forgot to mention again, here is the url for 11.12 O3DS firm.

[Edit2: Latest version with 11.12 support on Github]

So I hear that you'd like other decrypted firmwares for the N3DS. I have a previous one and the current one that you can use. But also, so that I won't have to bother anyone to make it, how did you go about coming up with the values to update it for the O3DS?

EDIT:
Okay cool, so basically I'm really dumb, but I fixed that. Here's N3DS support.

firm urls here. svcBackdoor and unitinfo patches here.

Loader region-free patch here.

Oh lol never mind. Looks like I didn't reload my view of the thread before my original reply. Ignore, pls.

Actually, I'd still like to know how you came up with the values for updating in the future regardless after getting the data locations, offsets, and signatures from decrypted firmware.

Last edited by jbguy2k,
Reactions: 0X29Adecay
D

Deleted-236924

Edit: btw, if anyone cares, I've added the region-free manuals patch to the custom loader module, so those should work now.

Actually, I'd still like to know how you came up with the values for updating in the future regardless after getting the data locations, offsets, and signatures from decrypted firmware.

I talk about this on the previous page.

svcBackdoor and unitinfo patches aren't in the script, but the offsets for those haven't really changed at all since older firms, and that is still true for 11.8 and 11.12 (maybe that will change if Nintendo comes up with more firms in the future, idk.)

It's also possible to extract each firm section in GM9 from a decrypted firm dump, and compare unknown firms with known firms to find the new offsets, if any, but that's only useful if a patch doesn't work and you want to double check that you have the right offsets.

keydata for N3DS is in section 2, you can check the offset in firm.c for a known firm in a hex editor, and see at which offset you can find the same data in an unknown firm (hex search helps here.)

Someone who's more knowledgeable and who cared enough could make it so the code would search for offsets on its own, instead of using hardcoded offsets, so that newer firms would just be supported by default, but that wouldn't be worth anyone's time. Nintendo probably isn't going to be coming up with too many newer firms past 11.12, and the demand for CakesFW isn't high enough. One thing that would be cool to add though is to make the code dump the firmwares from ctrnand so it would all be done automatically without having to download firms and cetks, which would be especially useful in the future if the update servers were to go down, but I don't really feel like bothering with that right now.

I'll be keeping an eye on this anyway, so if Nintendo does comes up with new firms, you don't really have to worry about doing it yourself.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: jbguy2k

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...