I asked ChatGPT to explain how to use Godmode9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesisadog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Enjoy!​

To dump a Nintendo 3DS cartridge using GodMode9 on a 3DS with custom firmware, follow these steps:

1. Insert the cartridge you want to dump into the 3DS.
  2. Turn on the 3DS and navigate to the GodMode9 menu by holding the START button during boot.
  3. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Access Options" menu, and then select "Cartridge (Slot-1)"
  4. Navigate to the "Dump Cartridge" option and press A to start the dump process.
  5. Wait for the dump process to complete. The dumped file will be saved to the SD card in the /gm9/out/ folder.
Note: the above steps assume you already have custom firmware installed on your 3DS, if not you will need to install CFW(custom firmware) before you can use GodMode9. Also, please be aware that dumping copyrighted material is illegal in most countries.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is this supposed to mean?
Arrow keys? The 3DS doesn't have a keyboard with arrow keys, just a dpad.
I also have no idea where "Access Options" menu should be and how to reach it with the "arrow keys"

Just for reference: Instead of having an AI generate something, refer to The Guide for how to dump games with GodMode9
https://3ds.hacks.guide/dumping-titles-and-game-cartridges

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enjoy!​

To dump a Nintendo 3DS cartridge using GodMode9 on a 3DS with custom firmware, follow these steps:

1. Insert the cartridge you want to dump into the 3DS.
  2. Turn on the 3DS and navigate to the GodMode9 menu by holding the START button during boot.
  3. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Access Options" menu, and then select "Cartridge (Slot-1)"
  4. Navigate to the "Dump Cartridge" option and press A to start the dump process.
  5. Wait for the dump process to complete. The dumped file will be saved to the SD card in the /gm9/out/ folder.
Note: the above steps assume you already have custom firmware installed on your 3DS, if not you will need to install CFW(custom firmware) before you can use GodMode9. Also, please be aware that dumping copyrighted material is illegal in most countries.
Is this supposed to be a "guide" or something?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What is this supposed to mean?
Arrow keys? The 3DS doesn't have a keyboard with arrow keys, just a dpad.
I also have no idea where "Access Options" menu should be and how to reach it with the "arrow keys"

Just for reference: Instead of having an AI generate something, refer to The Guide for how to dump games with GodMode9
https://3ds.hacks.guide/dumping-titles-and-game-cartridges
I'm guessing OP did it as a goof just for the lols, not trying to really get any real steps on how to use Godmode9.
But... tbh training it to kinda "work" with homebrew questions wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean, yeah, realistically it would be, but considering the approach of ChatGPT, it could be good for training the AI to work as some kind of referral to the guide.

Reactions: jamesisadog

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No... he's used chatgpt (A.I.) a question and it's answered him, this is actually pretty awesome tbh

jamesisadog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No... he's used chatgpt (A.I.) a question and it's answered him, this is actually pretty awesome tbh
With more training it could be handy!
Post automatically merged:

I'm guessing OP did it as a goof just for the lols, not trying to really get any real steps on how to use Godmode9.
But... tbh training it to kinda "work" with homebrew questions wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean, yeah, realistically it would be, but considering the approach of ChatGPT, it could be good for training the AI to work as some kind of referral to the guide.
Exacty! The hate for doing tho?

Reactions: peteruk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol