Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why not. It only makes it that much easier to get to your favorite DS games.

...or you just use sysNAND for that.

What exactly is the problem with running GBA and DS games with CFW? It isn't like anything changes... Unless maybe when you use firmlaunch they aren't reloaded into NAND? I'd really like to know it's had me wondering for awhile now

The FIRM used for GBA and DS games isn't the same as the one used regularly. When you launch a title that requires either of these, your console reboots into it. The problem with emuNAND is that due to the NAND redirection not being applied to either of these it will look for the title that doesn't exist in sysNAND (which is why you need GBA games on both nands for them to launch from emuNAND). The reboot patches right now always reboot to the NATIVE_FIRM, that's why loading GBA/DS games with those patches enabled doesn't work. What should be done is load the right FIRM whenever it's needed from the reboot patches (rxTools does this). I don't exactly know what the deal is with DS cardridges, though.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...or you just use sysNAND for that.
I just got done setting up a 3DS for some small children. My goal was to make everything as simple as possible for them. When it is possible to not have to use the sysnand for anything, I just feel why should they have to when they don't. I'm not trying to argue, but that's just me.

rascall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to play gba games with agb_firm in emunand with cakes? Only ambassador titles are working for me, other are working fine onlywith rxtools 2.6, with cakes I got error.
O3ds 4.5

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
what exactly can I use this for on an old 3ds with a firmware of 10.1.0.27? (I don't exactly comprehend the "Options to boot to sysNAND (for GBA/DSi) and emuNAND up to 10.2 on old 3ds, or 9.5 on new 3ds." part)
This is for <=9.2 firm.
On those devices, you can run emunand of higher firm.
So, you cannot use this.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
I have talking about sysnand 9.0-9.2 and emunand 9.6< in new 3ds.

About cfw in sysnand 9.3< is other history. (and i think that is more easy that emunand 9.6 o 10.2 in N3ds... :/ )
Not quite a different story.
Cracking a new encryption vs Discovering new exploits?
Nobody knows and no, it's not more easy.

Last edited by Dean_,

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

Does Cakes_99 / CakeBrah_99 (for Ninjhax2) use firmlaunch when in Sysnand mode or is it like rxTools DevMode.
If it does use Firmlaunch, how can one disable it?

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

Does Cakes_99 / CakeBrah_99 (for Ninjhax2) use firmlaunch when in Sysnand mode or is it like rxTools DevMode.
If it does use Firmlaunch, how can one disable it?
CakesFW use firm that you put in /cakes directory.
Delete 9.5 firm, install 9.0 firm.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
CakesFW use firm that you put in /cakes directory.
Delete 9.5 firm, install 9.0 firm.
Hmm, you lost me there hehe

What I really want to do is to be able to run Pasta 1.2.1 or similar from HBL.
DevMode from rxTools is similar, but booting directly into pastamode would be faster than booting into rxTools, go into Advanced menu and launch DevMode.

Now Cakes can boot into Sysnand, but if it has Firmlaunch it can brick your 3DS if you attempt to use sysupdater.

I'm using a 9.2 O3DS

Thanx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...