Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to have the necessary files to launch CakesCFW using an android phone like gateway or rxtools?
I have got a 2DS and i already use it for gateway and rxtools.
Thanks

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
@mid-kid:

Hello,

Thanx for your CakesCFW. I tried it in emunand (3DS games using 1st menu option) and sysnand (GBA VC - using 3rd menu option) and it works great.
May I suggest you use a code, something like "CK-9.8.0-25U", when we get into Emunand.
Seeing "Ver. 9.8.0-25U" made me jump and raised some hairs off my back :O

Reactions: b1l1s and Intronaut

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@mid-kid:

Hello,

Thanx for your CakesCFW. I tried it in emunand (3DS games using 1st menu option) and sysnand (GBA VC - using 3rd menu option) and it works great.
May I suggest you use a code, something like "CK-9.8.0-25U", when we get into Emunand.
Seeing "Ver. 9.8.0-25U" made me jump and raised some hairs off my back :O

I completely forgot about that. I'll look into it.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We need a name for the server (cia installing + ram poking atm).
Righ now it's DHS because hurr FBI, CIA let's have DHS.

Any suggestions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

:D
Well, perhaps it would by OK if everything related to the CIA comes and goes through the NSA, as every other communication in the world.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is it possible to have the necessary files to launch CakesCFW using an android phone like gateway or rxtools?
Thanks

It is possible yes, but we have no plans for it. Sorry.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Right now you have 3 options for booting:
1) Just sig patches
2) Sig patches + emuNAND
3) Sig patches + emuNAND + fixes for smash and other memory-extended games (reboot).
I just tested it out. So I am right to understand the following options:
1) Enables everything we can do on emunand (CIA, GBA.. etc)
2) This version has TWL and AGB title support, but lacks memory-extended game support
3) The opposite of 2, has memory-extended game support, but lacks TWL and AGB title support

Is this correct? If yes, any additional features I am missing?

Also, kudos on getting the ram hack working on emunand like rxtools. It doesn't work in gateway mode :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks
I have asked about this before for rxtools, is there a way to launch it from the phone?
It would be nice to get one for this as well :)

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tested it out. So I am right to understand the following options:
1) Enables everything we can do on emunand (CIA, GBA.. etc)
2) This version has TWL and AGB title support, but lacks memory-extended game support
3) The opposite of 2, has memory-extended game support, but lacks TWL and AGB title support

Is this correct? If yes, any additional features I am missing?

Also, kudos on getting the ram hack working on emunand like rxtools. It doesn't work in gateway mode :)

Yes. All is right.

Reactions: Madridi

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I just realized that I just booted up sysnand with sig patches with spider on a 9.0 3ds without cubic ninja with this o.O

plus also emunand/rednand support, it's like all we been waiting for, ain't that great :yay:

well aside for those with n3ds...

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Umm I have some questions here too ^^

So we can basically switch between Cake and Gateway right?
If I install this one how can I install FBI or any other CIA manager on sysNAND? so I can play GBA games.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that OP doesn't have a N3DS and as such this isn't compatible with N3DS, but will this always be a case, or will it be possible to program for a N3DS if someone with this info on it? Much thanks, I still appreciate it as I still have an O3DS as well, and since I have a new 3DS, I'm giving my buddy the old model and load this up on it for him instead of Pasta.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm I have some questions here too ^^

So we can basically switch between Cake and Gateway right?
If I install this one how can I install FBI or any other CIA manager on sysNAND? so I can play GBA games.

Yes you can swith between Cake and Gateway.
You will need to install FBI to sysNAND with either gateway, ninjhax or PBT first, though.

Reactions: Nobunaga

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
It would be interesting to add support for multiple EmuNANDs using this CFW (after you finish the options menu, that is). I see that you provide the offset and header positions on-the-fly to the emunand.cake patch by looking for the NCSD magic word in specific offsets. If you want to, I can do some quick tests, since I already have configured a second EmuNAND.

Support for RedNAND is truly the icing in the cake (no pun intended). I applaud you for that.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be interesting to add support for multiple EmuNANDs using this CFW (after you finish the options menu, that is). I see that you provide the offset and header positions on-the-fly to the emunand.cake patch by looking for the NCSD magic word in specific offsets. If you want to, I can do some quick tests, since I already have configured a second EmuNAND.

Support for RedNAND is truly the icing in the cake (no pun intended). I applaud you for that.

It shouldn't be all too difficult. See: https://github.com/b1l1s/dctr/blob/master/src/dctr/nand.c#L43
It isn't really in my interest right now, though.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol