Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is much problems for devs. I hope you can fix your makefile oneday. Also there is potential problems in the names.
Go to see the forks on github, and find me. I've tried to fix it a bit.
1. Make sure the FIL handle is closed before leave, and show the FRESULT instead of just 1 or 0. 0 is FR_OK.
2. Tried to set a byte for boot-option in "0:cakefw.config". This would be used if you do not hold one key when entering.
I don't have my console at hand. Maybe you could build it again and test it out, and first - review it please.
I won't make a pull this time, you can cherrypick it from the branch to yours.
BTW: Codebase is a little awful. I thought you could take a look at pasta's cfw_loader part - which is already written in a better way.

But... I did my best to have it clean.
Anyway, the arm9 payload is a bit shit, I admit, since that was mostly rushing for release.

1) okay, sure, return FRESULT. Haven't had any use for that, but for completeness, okay.
2) I don't like voiding the function arguments.
3) hid regs is not used anywhere else. No need for it to be global. Even less if you have a get_key function...
4) The menu is temporary. the menu options were a last-minute change.
5) I don't know what your problem with the paths is. But I haven't found a better way to make armips put resulting files in another folder.

hairyfairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a CFW solution me and @b1l1s have been working on for a while.

Q&A:

Q: Muh pasta.
A: No. This has nothing to do with Pasta (no code is shared whatsoever). Only thing this could have something to do with it, is that I started thinking about this/tinkering when Pasta released, and @b1l1s sent me the POC for MSET a day later. This is more gateway/rxTools than pasta.

it actually does reuse lots of code from pasta - with variables and function names renamed and slightly reordered. you can't deny it, there are things inside your source code that only the pasta CFW has.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it actually does reuse lots of code from pasta - with variables and function names renamed and slightly reordered. you can't deny it, there are things inside your source code that only the pasta CFW has.

fcadc148b4b34377851528cf766cbf55.png

So that's how you protect yourself from space aliens.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

It doesnt matter if it tooks code. The good news is that it enables all types of emunand

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1. FRESULT so we can deal with the files much better. You know sometime you can't open file cause it doesn't exist, but sometime it is denied.
2. Well. All okey indeed. However if you do so you might face some warnings. You can regard such as a "Byte-adder".
3. To make the function so that i can know if any key is pressed. I used to directly take the value with a global var.
4. Temporary, yes. You might have some time developing it later.
5. when building it. A. It can not detect devkitARM path even devkitARM present in environment vars. B. after i placed the armips to devkitARM binary, it still stop me from generate the line in makefile, where i've marked it out with comment, see it in commits. C. you may write something in README.md for instructions on how to build it.

And.. Bye. I must sleep now.

D

Deleted User

I don't care about your plagiarism. I'm just calling you a liar :)
You do realize that Pasta is based on code from other projects, right? The code you say was used from Pasta is probably code from other projects. (I see Decrypt9's code and similar other things reused a lot as a base)

Reactions: Syphurith

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well it isn't. I think he wrote some of them based on part of decrypt9 or other. pasta is re-coded to make it more friendly for code-readers..

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1. FRESULT so we can deal with the files much better. You know sometime you can't open file cause it doesn't exist, but sometime it is denied.
2. Well. All okey indeed. However if you do so you might face some warnings. You can regard such as a "Byte-adder".
3. To make the function so that i can know if any key is pressed. I used to directly take the value with a global var.
4. Temporary, yes. You might have some time developing it later.
5. when building it. A. It can not detect devkitARM path even devkitARM present in environment vars. B. after i placed the armips to devkitARM binary, it still stop me from generate the line in makefile, where i've marked it out with comment, see it in commits. C. you may write something in README.md for instructions on how to build it.

And.. Bye. I must sleep now.

Okay, I will write instructions. But I don't know what weird version of make you're using and how your environment is set up.
I use linux, with the latest devkitarm and a patched armips to work on linux. I might want to release that patch, even though it's more hacky than anything.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Okay, I will write instructions. But I don't know what weird version of make you're using and how your environment is set up.
I use linux, with the latest devkitarm and a patched armips to work on linux. I might want to release that patch, even though it's more hacky than anything.
I used the one on devkitpro that for windows users. BTW i want to see if you would test my edits out. BYE.
I think you could make the path a relative one thus it is usable for both platforms.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But seriously.
Every file that's taken from another project (crypto.c/h, fatfs) is clearly either commented at the top of the file, or in a separate directory.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You've probably got $DEVKITPRO/devkitARM/bin in your path; other people might have a different cross-compiler by default or rely on Makefiles setting tool paths relative to $DEVKITPRO. I know it tripped me up, but the "fix" was relatively easy, just using "PATH=~/devkitPro/devkitARM/bin:$PATH make" to compile.

Reactions: Syphurith

hairyfairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But seriously.
Every file that's taken from another project (crypto.c/h, fatfs) is clearly either commented at the top of the file, or in a separate directory.

here's a hint (and this is just _one_ example):

jump_table.s (cake)
arm11.s (pasta)

Reactions: b1l1s

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You've probably got $DEVKITPRO/devkitARM/bin in your path; other people might have a different cross-compiler by default or rely on Makefiles setting tool paths relative to $DEVKITPRO.

Originally I didn't care what cross compiler was used, since nothing from the libc is used.
Now, it only requires __aeabi_uidiv or something because of fatfs. I don't know if that's in the libc, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...