denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasticpie said:
I'm just reporting the news.
No you're not, although you can't be blamed. You have been quoting a forum post by marcan, that's by no means a "news release" or anything near that, and people in this thread are blowing this way out of proportion. And the fact that large parts of marcan's post get lost in the translation, occasionally even mistranslated to the point of saying the opposite, certainly doesn't help.

So you overheard bushing, marcan and the rest of Team Twiizers refusing further information transfer to waninkoko. That's internal skirmish at best, and hardly relevant to the scene in general. It doesn't mean they will not release any information ever again, they are just more careful about who to give pre-release, untested, potentially harmful info to. And that's hardly breaking character: If you bothered to pay attention, all of the actions of Team Twiizers are geared towards a responsible handling of things. Of course that doesn't fit the image of hacking cyberpunk novels are depicting, but in the end it's everyone's benefit if your console doesn't go belly-up over crude hack releases.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
As was previously pointed out here, Waninkoko has relied soley on information given to him by Bushing, Marcan, and others. None of the apps he created were based on his own findings and, in many instances, not even on his own code. That pipeline of information is now cut off.

It's alarming that people have been using this app for a couple of days and have given it the "safe and sane" seal of approval. As was pointed out by Marcan, this is not a complete region hack and can easily corrupt your file system with repeated use. I'll leave it up to you folks who keep using it to file those reports.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
BotoxBetty said:
Wow, the wii scene is weird, full of utter retards. I never known a scene so pathetic and retarded, the sooner Bushing and his gayboy #wiidev gang piss off the better.
OK then, let the Wii homebrew scene die off.

If I was Bushing, I would seriously consider quitting Wii homebrew. Too many ungrateful noobs saturating the "scene."

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
If I was Bushing, I would seriously consider quitting Wii homebrew. Too many ungrateful noobs saturating the "scene."

They seem to be gathering here and on ElOtroLado mostly. Bushing doesn't read either site on a regular basis so he isn't too bothered by it.

blaXoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Man Team Twizzers need to stop crying. They seem to be more about wanting to learn about the Wii as opposed to waninkoko who just wants to release whatever they discover. I think what he's doing is fine. Anyone who uses his tools should be smart enough to realise that theres always danger since we are doing things unauthorized by Nintendo.

Edit: Would like to add that I appreciate all the work bushing etc have done. They are doing it in the proper way, which is to try to learn everything possible about the hole first, then go for the release. Waninkoko is just jumping straight into stuff. You guys shouldnt care whether he realeses this or that, its up to the users to decide whether its worth their risk!!

Either way, you have to admit that having more releases pushes the envelope more, as people discover more bugs and further the scene in general. Theres always two sides to a coin.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
Every time I do read this site I'm amazed and how it manages to survive. Somehow, this place manages to avoid the devastating imposion that should happen when such a critical mass of absolute idiots is reached.

No offense to the people who actually act sanely around this forum. Maybe the (anti?)-light of the others is blinding me.

Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to keep avoiding it. Happy semi-bricking (which is what you'll get if you actually follow waninkoko's instructions to the letter, guaranteed). Send my greetings to Waninkoko.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^^ Just proof that some people need to change their tampon...

Get over it! He beat you to a release... so, beat him to the next one.

Quit crying, have mommy kiss that boo-boo, and do what you love to do.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
Every time I do read this site I'm amazed and how it manages to survive. Somehow, this place manages to avoid the devastating imposion that should happen when such a critical mass of absolute idiots is reached.

No offense to the people who actually act sanely around this forum. Maybe the (anti?)-light of the others is blinding me.

Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to keep avoiding it. Happy semi-bricking (which is what you'll get if you actually follow waninkoko's instructions to the letter, guaranteed). Send my greetings to Waninkoko.
hey just thought you should know hes fixed that semi brick crap with a new downgrader, released no semi brick crap. go download it marcan and see what u think

apcarr

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know where I can read about people bricking their Wii's with the region changer?,I would like to hear exactly what they did,I havent seen any reports on the few sites I visit yet!

Waninkoko added this to his site .. 2008/08/01 - My last gift before holidays. Three new applications for Custom IOS! As always they are not useful and dangerous. Enjoy them (if you can).

lol..

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gbatemp. A perfect evening of light entertainment. It's the popcorn comedy movie of the interwebs.
/Sits back to enjoy the show.

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
^^ Just proof that some people need to change their tampon...

Get over it! He beat you to a release... so, beat him to the next one.

Quit crying, have mommy kiss that boo-boo, and do what you love to do.

QFT

legend101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
marcan said:

i staying with marcan and bushing advice

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As always two side of the coin, yes wanni have done some great apps, even team twizz.

Use them or not, I don't find just this tool needed but some others might do, like people that bought a JPN Wii and maybe live in Australia.

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unsafe. Sure. Tell that my PERFECTLY WORKING, DOWNGRADED AND NOW JAP-REGION Wii.
rolleyes.gif

Gosh, how I dislike these "hackers" with conscience.
Really, you are already doing illegal shit with developing the HBC n stuff. I wouldn't care if some Noobs are bricking their Wii because they can't read. And since those Noobs were going to whine on GBAtemp and Maxconsole and all these sites I cant stand, because they're full of idiots (
rolleyes.gif
), I would care more less than before.

No really, I dont expect you to release that iso-loading blahfu thingy. It wouldn't even interest me.

BUT PLEASE stop with these "anything or anyone who's not affiliated with Team Twiizers or Bushing or Me or the Donkey in my garden cannot code. Everything these guys make is based on copyrighted code or will brick your wii. Full stop."

Even if Waninkoko used copyrighted code, and even if his applications bricked wiis.... what then?

No, really. I know that the Wii is not a PSP, but please, does DAX care about anything? If the users brick their PSP, they bricked it. And thats it. It's bricked. .... at least until pandora.

Whatever, Mercan and Bushing are making me sick and I'm just tired and drunk, so this doesnt have to make sense at all. Good Night. *falls off the chair*

knilsilooc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have much to say about the Region Changer and whatnot, but let me just say something to people like -lildeemo-, but not only him. He is simply the best example in this thread, in my opinion.

Stop.

Sit back and think a second. Before you type something, I have to suggest actually thinking about what you say first. Do you think you're cool because you can call people names, curse, and spell incorrectly, in text form, on the internet? Would you do that in real life? Or do you just think you can do whatever you want just because you have some sort of anonymity? And what about calling someone a "faaaaaaaaaaaag"? Let's analyze what was said to induce that reaction for a second, shall we?

Gus122000 said:
Just downgrade to a lower firmware noob then use freeloader

Suddenly, because he called you a name, or because he told you to use a piece of software, he is homosexual? I've called people names, and I've used tons of software, but let me tell you, it's never made me become attracted to members of the same sex, I assure you. Please get over your homophobia.

What I'm getting at is this: When you're about to type something to somebody else, stop and think about it. The question you must pose to yourself is this: "Am I acting like an idiot?" Your argument has taken this thread nowhere, it's only wasted space.

In any case, I will say that I believe Bushing and Marcan were right in what they did. As much as I would like to say that Waninkoko did nothing wrong, because of the awesome apps we get from him, I just don't think he went about doing this correctly. Bushing even told him what needed to be done, yet he didn't listen.

EDIT: Well I made a large mistake there, hope nobody saw that...

tona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
^^ Did you even read knilsilooc's post? You obviously didn't interpret the context correctly.

Thanks for taking the time to make an intelligent, cool-headed post on the matter, knilsilooc.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is da_bomb!
grog.gif
grog.gif

My 2 cents: bushing and team twiizers made this all possible.. but is it really necessary to be so anal about everything? People who want to play pirated games have been doing so since a few months after the Wii was released, and they are doing so RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!!! Everyone panic!

I mean seriously, the pirates are pirating, let Nintendo stop them. If you wanna hack, stop collaborating with the enemy and cutting off info to allies who have made some of the best apps released for the Wii.

CAN'T THEY ALL JUST GET ALONG?
yaynds.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
what the fuck is up with this place, this place is quickly declining and becoming embarassing.

I know it may seem bushing/marcan are being "elitest" but all they are doing are trying to look out of for you. I'm sure the majority of you guys couldnt afford another wii and you'd be pissed if it bricked. Cut some people respsect.

I'm sure this app may seem safe but im not to comfortable with constantly flashing my nand, it dont sound to healthy for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email