dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah!!! To hell with Wankiko. Theres not much point anyway. Theres a very small group of people who could gain from this. Apparently its not that safe though.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
the biggest thing that concerns me is that alot of people are like fuck bushin and co, they can go away, none of them realise without them none of these apps would be available. i'm not talking bout "ohhh, they opened the gates so they're the gods" I'm talking about wads, ciso, downgrader, region changer....none of this is waninkokos work, he's been passed on information and hes just compiled a program together. People dont seem to realise that no one gets paid to do this for the communmity, they spend valuable hours out of thier own lives to try and help us and then what? They get snubbed.

Shaun and costello, i feel sorry for you guys, you built an amazing website and its all going down the pan recently.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it in the dupe thread and I'll say it here: I would prefer potentially unsafe tools be released than none at all.

Waninkoko is the Robin Hood of the Wii scene. If you don't appreciate the fact that he actually makes software publically available, you're more than welcome to go stroke the egos of the elitists on #wiidev.

Furthermore, I believe all of this talk has nothing to do with the software itself and more about bruised egos. I don't exactly see Marcan responding with a safe alternative.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see this situation as a perfect catch 22.

You have people saying that Waninkoko is great because he is releasing these great applications. I'm sure, if only a handful of people got bricked Wii's, people would be saying, you chose to install the app, your fault.

Yet, when Marcan and Bushing, say that the app has potential to brick Wii's, everyone says they are elitist and jealous. All they are trying to point out, is every application developed, has potential to brick, if not properly tested.

Team Twiizers developed a hack, thoroughly tested their HBC and released a safe application.
Waninkoko seems to be releasing a lot of applications, which I doubt was thoroughly tested as rigorously as HBC. It's all a difference of quality standards.

White Hats v Black Hats. Seems black hats have the support.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when your so-called "white hats" decide to laud their discoveries over everyone, it doesn't really tip the playing field in their favor.

I'm sure a lot of users would agree that they'd rather see developers "put up or shut up".

Also, I can guarantee you that in the right hands, even software deemed "stable" can fall under its own weight.

Look at Windows.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
well, if "bushing and his #wiidev bigheads" would've "pissed off" you probably wouldn't have things like the Twilight Hack or the Homebrew Channel. And you don't quite seem to understand what marcan wanted to say at his EOL post - maybe because the automatic translation didn't really work out.

Bushing told him yesterday that he already achieved about 90% of this region switcher with his downgrader - all that he was still missing was the setting.txt change. He gave him ninty's plain stupid XOR obfuscation code and told him that he'd need to install a new system menu and all the default channels (news,...) from the new region.
What Wanin now did was to just release an application that just changes the settings.txt without any readme,... explaining that you'll also need to install a new system menu. If you don't do this you get a semibrick. This may not sound very bad at first but this kind of semibrick can very easily change into a fullbrick when the system menu decides that it needs to change some settings (e.g. when SYSCONF is corrupted; remember when you turned on your wii for the first time).
If he would've just included this region change stuff into his downgrader everything would've been fine - but he did not.
And that's the reason why we decided not to give any more information to wanin that may be useful for him and his new applications because -although he is a quite intelligent coder - he doesn't seem think about what consequences his release may have and we don't want even want to indirectly help to develop an application that may brick wiis.

this should be stickied

I hope someday people will realize that every piece of code that waninkoko has released so far was only thanks to advices/code/infos he PERSONNALY got from marcan & bushing, because they were fool enough to think he would be grateful and responsible and use them to release safe/legal applications

However, I understand you don't care about all this shit between sceners if you don't care using risky programs, this is everyone personnal choice should be respected. On the same way, waninkoko has every right to release them, the problem is not there ...

but insulting the ones who made ALL of this possible just because they prefer taking their time to release SAFE & TESTED programs make you just as a bunch of idiot kiddies.

i'm sure that you will understand what I'm saying in the next few monhs... when the flow of "cooolz" application from your "new dark alex"
laugh.gif
will be start decreasing in a dramatic way. And I will be the first one to regret it, things could have happened way differentely.
frown.gif
Hopefully, waninkoko is not the only one developper on earth

I would also like to see people's reaction when they'd realize that semi brick is not so "harmless" that they initially thought.. I would stick with marcan advice on that one, they made far more testing on wii bricking than waninkoko could ever do...

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
Yes, Wan jumped the gun, and I do respect Bushing for what he has done in the past for the scene. But no, Bushing is not the one that initially found the DVD read hole, and for that he had no right to contact Ninty about it. He sold out, it's fine, people do it all the time. I merely think before he disses someone else's work now he should do something of his own.
Okay, now I'm confused. I never claimed that I found the DVD read hole -- but who do you think did? (Who did I "sell out"?)

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
WTF

when you get semibricked just install the semi brick fixer

^^^just an idea

well this is crap

why didnt they tell this sooner

i already changed to usa and installed the usa system menu

been working great

i guess i can just change to jap, then install the jap wads again

but wtf what are the slim chances its going so fully brick your wii

they said it will semibrick,,,,but didnt they also create a semibrick fixer?

why are they warning people if they had the fix?

i'm just worried of the full brick
im gonna have to wait for their alleged recovery menu for that

if they are going to release it soon

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jan777 said:
WTF

when you get semibricked just install the semi brick fixer

^^^just an idea

well this is crap

why didnt they tell this sooner

i already changed to usa and installed the usa system menu

been working great

i guess i can just change to jap, then install the jap wads again

i'm just worried of the full brick

if they are going to release it soon

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ alive, I never knew people could be so moronic, illogical, spoilt and greedy when it comes to FREE software and utilities, which have been worked upon by others who are asking nothing in return and who dedicate themselves fully to their developments. I mean, without bushing et al. we wouldn't have had so many developments in the Wii scene. It's been proven that Waninkoko has been given info from bushing and co., and as soon as bushing states that he doesn't condone the publication of unfinished and therefore risky software from Waninkoko, nearly all of you ungrateful sods decide to criticize him. Where the hell is the sense and logic in all of this?

Bushing could have coded a region changer, but concentrated on other things instead. Wanonkoko's region changer only changes some of the files necessary to change the region, not all of them. Tell you what: do something clever and READ: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8209
For once, lildeemo seems to be on the right track though.

"why didnt they tell this sooner"

Why? It's not bushing's responsibility to tell you that Waninkoko's software is unsafe. He shared the details on how to change regions wih Waninkoko, yet Waninkoko only parially implemented it.

jan777 said:

Care to be more accurate? How do you know? Are people going to trust you or bushing, an actual programmer and developer who knows about such dangers because of his work with the Wii over he past year or so?

jan777 said:

They said it MIGHT semi-brick. I trust bushing etc. greatly because of their safe and reliable developmens and morals. And why would a developer NOT want to warn people about dangerous software even though there may be a fix for it? It's like telling someone to not worry about installing dodgy virus-ridden software on their PC because they've got a virus remover.

jan777 said:

See, now this is priceless. People slag off bushing for picking out flaws in Wanonkoko's software, and then greedily wait for bushing's later releases which are proved to be reliable. You're "gonna have to wait" because of your own curiosity, how can you make it sound as though you're going out of your way to wait for free utiliies to erase your possible mistakes. How stupid and greedy can you get? And when bushing and co. stated that they had a homebrew channel being developed, did they lie? No. TThey ook their time and made it reliable. There is no way that their recovery menu is only "alleged", they dont't lie.

QUOTE(jan777 @ Aug 1 2008, 09:42 AM) if they are going to release it soon

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
why the hell should i care?

also when i was asking about the chances, i was really asking for it, not flaming something

what i was just saying was

they could have also done something in relation to this

im very sorry if i hurt your feelings man

im not that greedy(like all the others who are waiting for the iso loader) but i do like the free stuff

im sorry i thought alleged means "really good" or "elite"..

what da?..flame shield didnt work

also before, do something clever and read tehskeen again

all people here has different opinions and you dont have the right to call them moron, idiotic, etc just for that matter

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they could have done something in relation to this, but it's not their responsibility to look after Wii users after they start using possibly iffy software. The free stuff is great like you just said, but how people can complain in the manners in which they have been in these forums is unbelievable, especially to people like bushing who hasn't created the flawed region changer. Bushing had the full details on how to region change, and Waninkoko didn't follow them fully, bushings fault how?

Fair enough, you might not have been intentional in your previous post, but I am also referring to the many many members here who are greedy, selfish and illogical, I wasn't trying to focus in on you as much.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
well i thought it was on ly me cause the only post you quoted was mine,

also im not really complaining,i love my converted to usa wii better,

oh yeah, it does semibrick

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
xiaNaix said:
It's obvious this site has been infested with warez kiddies with no respect whatsoever for the scene. It's very sad.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out then.

There was no problem untill the bushing worshippers started up with their false claims of it bricking consoles and that a downgrader is needed to sort out the firmware, when they know full well one was made available by Waninkoko even before the region changer came out. It's unbeleivable the wii scene has so much hate, but I know why, I have seen your hateful attitude lots of times, you're a narc just like the all the other bushing bum boys. Now do one, sling your nasty hook back to wiinewz or #wiihack.

because you hate this site and all it's warez kiddies you won't mind just leaving will you, or will your nasty personallity not allow you to do so ? my guess is you're too much of a narc and thats why you are even posting in this thread, to get some kind of 'hate energy' to feed you narciness.

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the sort of attitude I was on about. We aren't bushing worshippers, hell I've gladly used Waninkoko's previous apps and have found some of them really great, namely the save and mii extractors, as well as the cIOS's. I've been browsing the GBAtemp forums for ages, since I had a Wii last Christmas, but it really has declined in the ratios of quality members to so-called "warez kiddies" and other selfish tossers.

I don't know why people object to bushing and co. after he retracts his support for Waninkoko. Why don't you trust him all of a sudden? How do you know that the downgrader doesn't brick ANY Wii consoles whatsoever? False claims? From the people that unlocked the Wii for every developer and programmer, especially Waninkoko? I haven't seen Waninkoko or anyone else create anything like the TP Hack or research and investigate so deep into IOS's and the workings of the Wii.

Your comments are extremely narrow-minded, the reasons that there is so much hate is mainly because of the split between piracy and homebrew, made worse by comments and opinions such as yours. There isn't much "hate energy" bollocks given out by xiaNaix, he's giving an accurate desctripion, and if you can't see i well that's narrow-mindedness for you. By people like you saying "just leave then", that is what is causing such a divide. "Bushing bum boys" eh? Exactly what I was talking about. A lot of GBAtemp members have exactly the same lack of respect shown by you for dedicated sceners like bushing, he makes one statement you don't like and you all throw your damn toys out of your prams. Ridiculous.

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You surprised? On a forum filled with members that I've just described? Noone else apart from members on his forum had instigated it, more selfish GBAtempers started the flaming and criticizing of bushing because they apparently all know more than he damn well does about hacking the Wii.

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that, the topic is about how the region changer is unsafe, yet so many clever GBAtemp members chose to argue the safety of the region changer even when the very person who gave the info about the changer to Waninkoko stated that it may be unsafe. Wow turns out bushing does know fuck all then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't have one either
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AcuteBulbasaurappears, A cute bulbasaur appears. :D
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The Wii U gamepads are tied to the console's region, so its impossible to find a cheap gamepad that supports your model.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Unless you modify your system, of course, and remove the region check.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, im now by episode 8 of lain
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty can we discuss chrono trigger
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I like how the game had the middle ages 1000AD, the dark ages 600AD.It was great seeing the post robot apocalypse 2300 like Terminator and enter the matrix. some of mad max and fallout. 2300ad though it could had used more elements instead of just a generic ai uprising. It was a great idea for their judgement day to be 1999 Y2K.

-great additions if they would have made an expansion or dlc in my opinion would be finding out humans trapped in a matrix -

a follower having a cyborg character living tissue over metal endoskelleton like terminator, and the synths from fallout
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    4After Zeal fell it would have been good to see more ancient eras. Perhaps Sumeria based in one area, then Egypt based in another area, Greek based in another area, then roman based in another area before the middle ages.---------

----between 1000ad and 1999 is a big gap they should have had the age of revolution like the american and French Revolution

then the cowboyy era in one area of map and the Industrial revolution/age of enlightmentthen a ww1 and ww2 and a cold war era
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could have added 75,000 bc like assassins creed. zeal was already establish in 12, 000 bc , soething before the kindom rose
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty they could also add age of dscover, colonialism ect
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    renaissance
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what did you think
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I think glenn (the frog) after becomming human had an affair with the queen
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so he is the great great great great grandfather of marle @Xdqwerty
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they made it like Lancelot from king arthur legends
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just found out i'm now taller than my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, sorry i was busy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty thats completely fine
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: